Does DVB-C card with BDA drivers work?

jktla

Has anybody got DVB-C card with BDA drivers working with DVBViewer Pro?

My system:

Hardware:

AMD Semptron 2500.

512MB memory.

Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C

Software:

Windows 2000 + sp 4

Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C v4.7 BDA drivers

DVBViewer Pro v3.2.4

I can select card, but I can not select any ini file in channel scan that I put in transponders folder. Root menu is empty. Manual scanning does not work either.

My ini file:

[sATTYPE]

1=4000

2=oulu

[DVB]

0=1

1=330000,4,6875,|Mux_1

Transedit MMC does not work either.

Edited by jktla
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Problems solved in version 3.2.5.

Hello. Since there were a few messages in different forums that DVBViewer works with DVB-C-cards, I just purchased myself a copy of DVBViewer Pro. Seems like a great app, much slicker than the other ones I've tried (and I have tried a few...)

However, I have some trouble making my DVB-C card work for me in DVBViewer Pro, which seems to have some sort of bug in switching between satellite/cable. Description of the issue below. But first, some details.

Hardware:

Technotrend Budget DVB-C rev. 1.0

AMD Athlon 1800

768MB Memory

Software:

WindowsXP w/ SP2

Technotrend BDA-DriverPack (12.12.2005) (TT-budget (4.4.10.11))

DVBViewer Pro 3.2.6

DVBViewer GE 1.7.3

My cable network provider:

TTV, Tampere

Transponders use QAM128

I have used this .ini-file:

[sATTYPE]

1=4000

2=ttv

[DVB]

0=9

1=130000,4,6900

2=138000,4,6900

3=346000,4,6900

4=378000,4,6900

5=386000,4,6900

6=394000,4,6900

7=402000,4,6900

8=410000,4,6900

9=418000,4,6900

The issue:

In DVBViewer Pro, when I try to tune the channels, I select my own ini-file from the pulldown menu, which goes fine. Then I right-click in the tuning window and select "cable" from the list. The attributes change to those of cable, but the tuning doesn't find anything. And it appears that if I right click again, the setting is back to "satellite" by itself. And if I try to switch to manually punching in the channel data, I only get the window for satellite channel attributes. So I haven't managed to see any channels.

So I fiddled around a little with DVBViewer GE:

- I added the same ini to the DVBViewer GE, selected cable from the tuning window, did the search and bim, very fast operation, found all the channels with no trouble.

- I can see all the channels and it works well. However, GE isn't suitable for HTPC-operation that I am aiming at and more importantly it doesn't implement DVB Subtitles that are used here in Finland.

Back to DVBViewer Pro:

- I simply copied the channels.dat-file from DVBViewer GE to my DVBViewer pro folder and started the app.

- Now the channels are available, all their setting shown in the list and surprisingly the right-click in the tuning window shows that the setting is locked on "cable". However, there is no picture or sound or anything.

So here are my questions:

- Is this lack of cable-support a bug in DVBViewer pro or is it just a feature not yeat implemented in the app?

- Or is it just me, who is doing something silly?

- What could be done about the issue?

Sorry for a lengthy explanation but I tried to be as thorough as possible. Hopefully the help is near.

Cheers

/PeterK

The issue:

In DVBViewer Pro, when I try to tune the channels, I select my own ini-file from the pulldown menu, which goes fine. Then I right-click in the tuning window and select "cable" from the list. The attributes change to those of cable, but the tuning doesn't find anything. And it appears that if I right click again, the setting is back to "satellite" by itself. And if I try to switch to manually punching in the channel data, I only get the window for satellite channel attributes. So I haven't managed to see any channels.

I have a similar setup with no problems. Have you selected you card in the directx settings page? After that the tuning page automatically selected cable-type options for tuning.

The issue:

I have a similar setup with no problems. Have you selected you card in the directx settings page? After that the tuning page automatically selected cable-type options for tuning.

Right. That must be the solution. I missed that setting when going throught the preferences. I'm at work now and unable to check if it works, but I'm sure it does. I'll report back to this thread if the problem persists.

Thanks.

/PeterK