DVB Viewer and multiple DVB-T cards

musukebba

Does DVBViewer support multiple DVB-T cards, to allow overlapping recordings or watch another channel whilst recording another? Hauppauge have BDA drivers which makes this happen under MCE or (dare I say the name...) Media Portal under XP.

I know it's possible if both channels are on the same mux, but is it at least possible to open two instances of DVBViewer, each using a different card?

Searched for forum info, but nothing relevant...

• 2 weeks later...

yes its possible if you use DVBViewerPro for first record and DVBViewerGE for second record and second card.

Hi Klausing

Thanks for the reply and that's interesting that you can do that. The only problem is that in DVBViewerGE v1.6 there doesn't seem to be a way of selecting either of the DVB-T cards that I have installed. There isn't the dialogue box which appears anywhere on the 'Options' tabs (like the 'DirectX' option in DVBVPro), as far as I can see, and I can't tune into anything.

Both cards I have are BDA compliant and work very well independently with DVBViewerPro v3.2.3.

Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: I have tried with the TransEdit application, as suggested by Christian in reply to another post. However the cards are still not detected.

Edited by musukebba

The GE available for download only supports SkyStar2/AirsStar2/CableStar2 cards. A version that addititionally works with BDA devices is already running here pretty well and will be released... well, I don't know. Before christmas. ;)

Sorry i thought one of your cards is a B2C2-based card. In this case it should work.

But in your situation you have to wait for new release of GE-Version.

OK many thanks guys - that explains it.

If you need beta testers for a Hauppauge Nova-T, I'd be happy to help out...

M

Edited by musukebba