DVBViewer 3.2.4 & Twinhan VP1030

cla68

I have already installed DVBViewer 3.2.4 but it does not receive any signal from the device (a Twinhan card with CI - similar to VP1030 - chipset BT878A).

I used to use both ProgDVB and Twinhan software (VisionPlus) without particular problems.

After the installation I also checked the right installation/registration of all filters inside the folder "Filters" through the utility of GraphEdit.

In the main menu of DVBViewer I see the device recognized as "VisionDTV 1 (DVB-S CI)" in the DirectX Options, but it is not possible to access to the Settings because they are frozen (but maybe this is normal).

It is not possible to choose the Channel List from the main menu becuase if I click nothing happens. Therefore I cannot access to the DiSEqC menu, etc.

The Twinhan drivers are 2.4.1.1 version.

Pentium IV 3.2 GHz 512 MB - Windows XP SP1 - DirectX 9 - Sk Video ATI Radeon 9200SE.

Here below I list the MPEG decoders installed. I also attached the setpu.xml file.

What I have to do?

Thanks for your help, Claudio

MPEG2 Video Decoders:

---------------------

NVIDIA Video Decoder: 00800001

Sonic Cinemaster® DS Video Decoder: 00710000

Moonlight-Elecard MPEG2 Video Decoder: 00700000

CyberLink Video/SP Decoder: 00600000

CyberLink DTV Video Decoder: 00600000

MPEG Audio Decoders:

---------------------

Moonlight Odio Dekoda: 50000000

AC3Filter: 40000000

MPEG Audio Decoder: 03680001

NVIDIA Audio Decoder: 00800001

Sonic Cinemaster® DS Audio Decoder: 00710000

CyberLink Audio Decoder: 00601000

Nero Digital Audio Decoder: 00600000

Setup.xml

Please, someone could help me? I have not solved the problem yet.

I do not receive any signal from my Twinhan VP1030 CI card with DVBViewer 3.2.4. Do you need further information?

Should I install the BDA drivers instead of standard drivers for Twinhan?

Should I install additional software not listed in my previous post?

Thanks, Claudio

Please select a mpeg decoder in the options. It does not have anything todo with your dvb card. You should also take a look into the log files!

Christian

Christian,

I have selected different MPEG decoders (Elecard, NVidia, Sonic, etc.) without results.

I have attached some screenshots of DVBViewer windows (hope helpful); I had a look to log file (DVBViewer) but it is empty.

All filters are registered; the card is working with other sw (VisionPlus and ProgDVB), so I am sure that it is right configurated.

What should I try and investigate again in order to have my DVBViewer working?

Is right seems that DVBViewer does not receive signal from the card.

Thanks for your help,

Claudio

post-16464-1130356432_thumb.jpg

post-16464-1130356490_thumb.jpg

post-16464-1130356528_thumb.jpg

Have you already tryed to set "Overlay" as "Video Output"?

Yes, I have tryed Overlay and VMR mode too but without positive results.

There is not any signal at the bottom bar as you can see on one of screenshots (I also changed some listed channels).

Any other suggestion?

Thanks, Claudio

You are experiencing the same issue(s) I have with my twinhan VP-1020a

I submitted the same question a while ago but did not submit my setup files so I didn't get a response. No Problem though, I decided to wait until someone else had the same issue because I knew I wasn't the only one out there.

Like you, I am sure I have my setup correct.

- In my case DISH 110, 11250 11250 0.

- Mod's - Don't harp on the chosen SAT please, because I should still receive 'In The Clear' guide channels from this Sat, regardless.

I to, can't access the setting button next to the device field in the directx window

I to, couldn't bring up the channellist.

- That is until I found out that it is displayed ten feet off the screen and you have to nudge it back with keyboard keys :0 There's confidence for ya!

Unlike you though, I still get no channel scanning from the channellist, when I do see it. Just wait you'll experience this as well !

If I use the alternative transedit mmc app to test, I can get the dvb card to scan the last transponder on the satellite but can't scan the other 47 tps.

If I use the regular transedit app, it functions exactly the same as the DVBViewer v3.2.4 application. Can't do any channel scans at all. The app doesn't respond to any keyboard or mouse input.

So, I will just wait until someone around here admits their software is not all its cracked up to be.

Don't want my money back though, just want the bloody thing to work.

SM

You are experiencing the same issue(s) I have with my twinhan VP-1020a

I submitted the same question a while ago but did not submit my setup files so I didn't get a response.  No Problem though, I decided to wait until someone else had the same issue because I knew I wasn't the only one out there.

Like you, I am sure I have my setup correct. 

- In my case DISH 110, 11250 11250 0.

- Mod's - Don't harp on the chosen SAT please, because I should still receive 'In The Clear' guide channels from this Sat, regardless.

I to, can't access the setting button next to the device field in the directx window

I to, couldn't bring up the channellist.

- That is until I found out that it is displayed ten feet off the screen and you have to nudge it back with keyboard keys :0  There's confidence for ya!

Unlike you though, I still get no channel scanning from the channellist, when I do see it. Just wait you'll experience this as well !

If I use the alternative transedit mmc app to test,  I can get the dvb card to scan the last transponder on the satellite but can't scan the other 47 tps.

If I use the regular transedit app, it functions exactly the same as the DVBViewer v3.2.4 application. Can't do any channel scans at all. The app doesn't respond to any keyboard or mouse input.

So, I will just wait until someone around here admits their software is not all its cracked up to be.

Don't want my money back though, just want the bloody thing to work.

SM

Exactly the same problems with my card VP1030! I hope to solve the troubles because in any case this application is quiet interesting.

Claudio

post-16464-1130436455_thumb.jpg

If you dont recieve EPG or Teletext you receive nothing and you have to control your installation and your hardware.

I have a Twinhan too and it was quite simple. Normal driver installed, DVBViewer installed, made a channelscan and had fun.

If you dont recieve EPG or Teletext you receive nothing and you have to control your installation and your hardware.

I have a Twinhan too and it was quite simple. Normal driver installed, DVBViewer installed, made a channelscan and had fun.

The device is ok as I receive normally with ProgDVB and VisionPlus. also hdtv channels; drivers version 2.4.1.1, no problems.

I'd like to have DVBViewer working because I am sure it is a better DVB application than ProgDVB and VP too, with htpc features, more flexible; further I'd like to use the H.264 kit in order to get the MPEG4/H.264 HDTV channels.

Just a question: I am using my htpc connected to a CRT TV instead a monitor; my TV receives in VGA input signal at standard resolution 640x480, not more.

Later I will try to connect the htpc to my HP flat monitor 1024x768; could it be a strange behavior of DVBViewer at low resolution? maybe it is not possible to reach the channelscan with this video resolution, I don't know. I am not confident at this solution because in any case other DVB software are working at 640x480. In any case I'll try and let you know.

Claudio

Ok! I have changed the video output to the monitor 1024x768 and now the channelscan simply works! I can see the channel list on the right side, quite far from the main window as sixback wrote.

As usual, I have found a lot of channels both on Astra 19.5E and Hotbird 13E.

After the channelscan I choose a channel known and after 30-60 seconds the program frozen and I have to close it with the Task Manager of XP.

I am using Elecard decoder (with option "decode all frames").

I tried three times but I faced the same problem, both with standard channels and HDTV channels

What could it be?

Claudio

Clas68

Funny you mention a low resolution monitor.

I've been using a 800X600 13 inch vga for initial setup purposes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you also saying that when you choose the update and scan button, you get realtime progress feedback in the Channellist window in your setup?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What source mux decoder are you using for the incoming stream?

Mods

If you were to map DVBViewer out with GraphEdit, what would a typical DVBViewer filter map look like, given a twinhan source device instead of a SS1?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MyTheatre 3.31, Prog, Ritz, DVBDream, DVBTn, TSreader, any DVBCore based application all function more or less without issue. What is so special about DVBViewer?

SM

Clas68

Funny you mention a low resolution monitor.

I've been using a 800X600 13 inch vga for initial setup purposes.

Are you also saying that when you choose the update and scan button, you get realtime progress feedback in the Channellist window in your setup?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What source mux decoder are you using for the incoming stream?

Mods

If you were to map DVBViewer out with GraphEdit, what would a typical DVBViewer filter map look like, given a twinhan source device instead of a SS1?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MyTheatre 3.31, Prog, Ritz, DVBDream, DVBTn, TSreader, any DVBCore based application all function more or less without issue. What is so special about DVBViewer?

SM

I will try to check all these things. Please let me know exactly how I can identify the "source mux decoder"; besides, how can I map DVBViewer out with Graphedit?

Claudio

Al primo scusami il mio cattivo italiano. Ho cognoscuto lo stesso

problema dopo l'installazione di DVBViewer 3.2.4.1006: non riescho

a receivere alcun segnale..

Ho simile hardware: una scheda Twinhan DVB-S (senza CI-Modul) in

combinazione con una parabole condominale (Hotbird and Astra). Puntu

qui: Il Diseq-Switch e controllato via Diseq, il Tono 22 khZ e spento.

Spero, che questo modo di procede portera la soluzione:

- Download i nuovi Driver delle Twinham (adesso v2.602). I driver

v2.42. non funzionano con DVBViewer.

- Fai le registrazione dei LNBs,.. via TwinhanDTV1-Software. Se riceivi

TV, puoi cambiare il software. Ma non deinstallare qualche Twinhan

software!

- Durante installazione adesso e offerto "Twinhan support".. un buono

segno.

- Dopo installazioni controlli le registrazione nel menu Opzioni/Opzioni

/DirektX. In mio caso

- DVB-Source: VisionDTV (DVB-S) .. senza -CI

- Mpeg-Decoder Video/Audio: Ho scelto Nero. Penso, che questo non e

il tuo problema.

Perque i tuoi filtri sono frozen, non so. Ho comprato il DVBViewerPro.

Solamente questa versione supporta schiede di Twinhan.

- Ho spento DVBViewer e acceso di nuovo.. e mi ho godato il nouvo DBV-Viewer.

Hai letto essatamente: Non ho fatto qualche registrazione dei LNBs via

DVBViewer! DVBViewer usa i driver Twinhan direttamente.

- Un consiglio: Al primo dobbiamo controllare se DVBViewer ha trovato

la scheda via i driver.

- Utilizzando il original Twinhan-Viewer, ascolti un "click" se

scegli un canale TV: La scheda e trovato e acceso. Spengendo Twinhan

ascolti anche un click.

- Utilizzando DVBViewer il click si ascolta, se accende il software.

Non ascoltando quel click dice: Cercare problemi del regristrazione

dei Diseq/LNB/Canali sono inutile.

E poi: Ho domande della scheda Twinhan DVB-S-CI. Se comunicai il tuo

E-Mail, scriverole (mio E-Mail: baulbach@t-online.de). Grazie.