DVB Task Scheduler

Edit: now in English :)

For the current version of DVBViewer GE a new version of the DVB Task Scheduler is required. The current Beta can be applied at the moment.

Important changes:

restrictions: if you start the Scheduler manually, you can run it only once at the same time. You dont have this restriction in the preferred automatic mode.

new: with winXP SP2 there is a new Option within the windows tasks available (run only if logged in). Now it will be set by default. It might prevent problems by some people. If you have trouble with it, please inform me!

new: now you can hand over any freely defined parameter to the DVBViewer. The parameters will be send with the following sequence. At first, the new, freely defineable parameter, then the optional parameter for standby (Restart without tuning last channel) and at last the optional parameter for "Start minimizes".

Attention: not every version of the DVBViewer supports more than one parameter. If your version doesnt support it, only the first one will be executed.

new: The option "Restart on Resume" (known from the Scheduler.ini) is now inside the Options of the Scheduler available.

Edited by Hartwig

Oh sorry, yesterday I was very tired. :radscorpion: I started this topic in the wrong part of the forum. Later I will translate it to English... :)

Edit: Done :bye:

Edited by Hartwig
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a little problem with DVB task scheduler. When a scheduled recording starts and the PC is waking up form the standby state everything works fine except one little thing. When the computer wakes up DVBViewer is immediately started. Unfortunately the USB2 tuner wake up takes a liittle longer so that it is not available for the DVBViewer.

Is there any possibility to have a delay in the DVBViewer startup after standby so that the tuner would be ready when it starts?

• 1 month later...

I have uploaded a new version: 1.8.99 Beta

fixed: There was a little bug, if you use UserMode 1 or 2 in Usermode.ini. Now it should work.

changed: Option "run only if logged in" for new tasks is now unset by default

new: Now you can run more then one instance manually started at the same time. In the tooltip of the trayicon you can distinguish the instances.

added: full version info

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Open the file Scheduler.ini with a text editor and change the value

DVBStartDelay=...

e.g. to 20000 (= 20 sec.)

either this option does not work on my system or I do misunderstand the meaning of DVBStartDelay.

I have a Cinergy 1200 DVB-C with a mix of Terratecs and Technotrends BDA drivers.

The interactive start and recording works (although the drivers are not that stable).

A scheduled recording fails with 0 byte files since it seems that the drivers needs more time to initialize at system start. So I added the above option to the scheduler.ini but I cannot see any delay in the start of DVBViewer at system (re-)start.

DVBViewer is 3.2.6

Scheduler is 1.8.2 and 1.8.99

--

Ullrich.

A tester reported that DVBViewer GE 1.8.3 Beta (members area, beta section) does the job with the 1200-C. It containes additional measures against this issue.

He additionally ticked the "Stop stream while tuning" checkbox on Options -> Hardware, I think... however, it may depend on your PC and other drivers/hardware, so I can't promise anything.

A tester reported that DVBViewer GE 1.8.3 Beta (members area, beta section) does the job with the 1200-C. It containes additional measures against this issue.

He additionally ticked the "Stop stream while tuning" checkbox on Options -> Hardware, I think... however, it may depend on your PC and other drivers/hardware, so I can't promise anything.

First test was promising!

I downloaded the GE 1.8.3, checked "Stop stream...", scheduled a recording, sent the PC to standby and the recording worked as expected.

Thanks for the hints.