Multiple DVB Sources

kevl

Hi

Have been playing with DVBViewer pro for a couple of hours only.

Have a Hauppauge NovaT and Twinhan DVB-sat card installed in pc.

I have tuned channels on both cards and channels for both cards appear in the channel list. Everything worked perfectly, superb picture, epg auto populated etc.

Stunning piece of software.

I can only view channels on the card that is selected in the directx settings window.

Is there a way of having the card selected in the directx window be automatically changed when I click on a channel?

I.e. is there a way of using dvbviewerpro to use multiple dvb cards?

Sorry if this is glaringly obvious.

Kev

Is there a way of having the card selected in the directx window be automatically changed when I click on a channel?

Not yet. We are working on it.

is there a way of using dvbviewerpro to use multiple dvb cards?

Try to install DVBViewer Pro a second time in a different directory. Rename DVBViewer.exe in this installation, e.g. to DVBViewer2.exe. Configure it for a different hardware. In this way, two instances of DVBViewer Pro can run at the same time. However, there may be issues, because there is no elaborate handling of multiple instances yet.

DVBViewer GE already contains a unit that prevents conflicts between different GE instances. It will only work with BDA drivers, not with the native Twinhan drivers.

Not yet. We are working on it.

is there a way of using dvbviewerpro to use multiple dvb cards?

Try to install DVBViewer Pro a second time in a different directory. Rename DVBViewer.exe in this installation, e.g. to DVBViewer2.exe. Configure it for a different hardware. In this way, two instances of DVBViewer Pro can run at the same time. However, there may be issues, because there is no elaborate handling of multiple instances yet.

DVBViewer GE already contains a unit that prevents conflicts between different GE instances. It will only work with BDA drivers, not with the native Twinhan drivers.

Many thanks for your kind reply.

I am using BDA drivers for the twinhan card and Hauppauges drivers for the NovaT card.

I never imgained that I could have the two cards running simultaneously. I would have been quite happy to have had one at a time running from a single instance of the program. I will investigate the two instance option.

I still cannot get over the performance of the DVB-V-pro software - it just worked, easily and did exactly what it was supposed to and much more than I expected. Easily the best £10 I ever spent. Many thanks.

Kev

Yes, thanks to your previous advice I have DVBViewer GE running concurrently with DVBViewer Pro 3.2.5, each on a different Nova-T 90002 (BDA drivers), under XP Home (SP2).

Not having the native multi-instance support of MCE, I assigned different AV MPEG2 decoders to each card, different VMR display, and set the affinity of each DVBViewer app to a different single CPU of the dual core. Am presently soak-testing it with the PVR recording behaviour from different DVB-T muxes in the UK, but so far it seems to be working very well.

Edited by musukebba