What do the DVBViewer devs intend for the program

kevl

Hi

I'm still very new to DVBViewer. Have been reading the forum but am puzzled as to what DVBViewer is intended to be (in the long term).

Is it intended to be an application for viewing TV and listening to radio for a number of DVB cards or is some wider usage intended?

I see that there is a HTPC menu with the standard picture viewing, weather etc but currently the package really excells when used as a viewer for a DVB card. In this application I think the package is unmatched. It is the first package which I have found with working direct epg download from DVB stream - which saves the tedium of setting up xmlTV sources etc.

Is it intended that DVBViewer is run from a more featured menu application (like meedio etc) and tied to meedio using girder etc or is a more full featured application ultimately intended?

If the more full featured application is intended then there are some functions which the authors may consider adding.

In the UK where SKY satellite is one of the more common TV sources then there is currently no way of using any PC based TV card to watch TV. Sky have not (and have no intention - it seems) of making a CAM module to decode thier TV pictures.

The only way of watching SKY on a PC HTPC is via Composite input to PC, (or via RGB input on e.g. a PDI deluxe (sweetspot) card.

For UK use any HTPC application which cannot input and record from a skybox has limited utility.

What do the devs intend for DVBViewer?

Sorry if this information has been discussed already in the German forum - my German language is limited.

Kev