Recording problems with Hauppauge Nova-T USB2

mitsu

Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 works perfectly with 3.2.5 except timed recording. Instant recording with DVBViewer of Videorecorder plugin works fine but timer recording just changes screen to blank and resulting file is 0 bytes. This happens same way in all cases, even if the right channel is already tuned. Same thing using DVBViewer of Videorecorder. I'm recording in TS format.

The other tuner (Twinhan DVB-S) I have is working perfectly.

Guest Lars_MQ

There are no differences in a timer recording and an instant recording. Absolutly no difference cause an instant recording is simply a timer with start(Now), you can check it in the recording window.

So maybe you should explain, what you do different for timer recordings :)

There are no differences in a timer recording and an instant recording. Absolutly no difference cause an instant recording is simply a timer with start(Now), you can check it in the recording window.

So maybe you should explain, what you do different for timer recordings :)

Well, if I start recording from the EPG of a program currently playing on the DVBViewer window the following happens:

- selected program pops on the recorder window with status 'waiting'

- picture immediately freezes and sound disappears

- after a few seconds status on the recorder window changes to 'recording'

- a recording file is created with 0 bytes length

- when I remove the recording from the recorder window picture stays frozen with no sound

- picture and sound comes back if I re-select the channel

- if I re-select or change the channel while still in 'recording' status picture and sound comes back, recording file stays 0 length but cannot be deleted until a new recording starts or DVBViewer exits

When I start instant recording recorder window just immediately shows 'recording'.

Guest Lars_MQ

Sounds like you have AVdisable as default in the Options recodersettings. How long did you wait for the file to fill up? It's buffered and takes some time till it writes to disk.

Another thing. try to program a timer manually and take care that disableAV isn't selected. Does it work?

Default disable AV is not selected.

If I wait for minutes nothing happens.

If I do the recording selection manually in the recorder window, picture freezes and no recording. Same thing if I make recording to start either immediately or after a few minutes

One of those mysteries that defy logic - should not happen, but it does.

Does the same happen with MPG?

Try to let DVBViewer do something expensive - like saving the EPG as HTML - and see wether it freezes the picture in the same way or not.

If DVBViewer starts a scheduled recording, it has to search the according channel in the channel list in order to retrieve the tuner data. That keeps the CPU busy for a short time.

Another possibility: The wrong channel is found. May happen, if you have double entries in the channellist, one of them with wrong data. Put the channel that shall be recorded at first place, just for a test.

BTW: Is the Nova-T working with a BDA driver?