DVB viewer crashes because of tuner

teknik88

Hi again

I still have the same problem as reportet in these two previous posts:

Bug report

RS Bug

I have tested again with the newest DVBViewer (v4.9.6.20) and RS (v1.9.7)

As mentioned before it works in DVBViewer v4.9.0.0 and in RS v1.9.2.0

My system is the same as in previous posts except that I have re-installed my system from scratch.

I have attached a new support.zip from my re-installed system with the newest versions of both DVBViewer and RS installed.

The DVBViewer application crashes with this Windows error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: DVBViewer.exe

Application Version: 4.9.6.20

Application Timestamp: 2a425e19

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651

Fault Module Timestamp: 4e211319

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000c697

OS-version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1030

Additional Information 1: 16c7

Additional Information 2: 16c72dc359431de148558e3ecb170f1a

Additional Information 3: a095

Additional Information 4: a095c1385e9afa3d574c3ea5bec799cd

I hope that this problem can be fixed because I can´t upgrade without a fix.

Best regards,

Christian

support.zip

Edited by teknik88

I don't think it's a codec problem because it works fine in DVBViewer v4.9.0.0 and RS v1.9.2.0

The card is the same as mentioned in the two links to my previous posts but here is the info again:

The tuner is detected as "DK DVBC/T DONGLE" in Windows device manager on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and the hardware id is "USB\VID_1D19&PID_8202&MI_00"

The Realtek chipset is RTL2832 for the DVB-T part and for the DVB-C part RTL2840. The driver version is: 64.1.802.2010

My mainboard is Asus IPIBL-LB (Benicia) with an Intel G33 chipset (HP Pavilion Elite m9263.sc computer)

4 GB RAM and an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU.

The Graphic card is an Nvidia GeForce 8600GT with driver version 258.96

The only difference is that I now use Nvidia Geforce driver v301.42

In DVBViewer the tuner is detected as "REALTEK DTV Filter (6) and (5)"

The Tuner card is detected with both the DVB-T and DVB-C tuner but DVBViewer crashes and RS keeps restarting when the tuner is requested.

For reference here is the first post where you helped me getting the tuner in the HardwareDB

Tuner not found

Edited by teknik88

If I correctly interpret your logs, there are multiple capture/tuner devices connected to your PC. Have you tried to remove them and try again only with the dongle?

Do you use any 3rd party plugins for DVBViewer?

That's right that i have multiple tuners.

I have tried to disable all tuners so only the one that causes the error was active but that doesn't solve the problem.

I have also tried different settings for the tuner but without any success.

I don´t have any plugins for DVBViewer.

As mentioned I have made a complete reinstallation of Windows 7.

I installed the newest DVBViewer only to see the same error as before.

Edited by teknik88

Unfortunately, nobody can do anything for you at this stage. You have to do some debugging. I'm assuming the OS is up to date.

If you feel up to it, here's a crash course. Install Debugging Tools for Windows (x86). Make a C:\Symbols folder, then go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced -> Environment Variables. Click the New button for System variables and type the name and the value (the 1st line is the name, the 2nd line is the value):

_NT_SYMBOL_PATH

symsrv*symsrv.dll*c:\\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

A reboot may be required. Run the Global Flags tool, select the "Image file" tab, type DVBViewer.exe and hit the Tab key. Check all four (4) "Enable heap tail/free..." checkboxes and then check the Debugger checkbox and copy&paste into the Debugger textbox (including the quotes; you may need to correct the path to the windbg executable):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -g -G

Click Apply and close Global Flags. Restart DVBViewer and try to reproduce the crash. If Windbg reports "Debuggee is running..." in its status bar, then DVBViewer is still running. If it breaks into a 1st chance exception, hit F5 to continue. If it hits a 2nd chance exception, then use pastebin.com to show us the content of the Windbg (click inside the text section, CTRL+A to select, right click to copy).

Good luck! If you need to remove the Global Flags settings, just run the tool, type the same executable name and hit the Tab key. Uncheck every checkbox and click Apply.