HTTP-Webserver

Hi all!

I have been using DVBViewer for a while and I'm now looking into the web server plugin (only for remote scheduling). I have been able to configure the server but remote startup of DVBViewer fails everytime. Program works if I start DVBViewer manually. When starting manually the program starts with a name "Dvbvie~" in the taskbar and stops responding (might draw GUI a little but it doesn't respond).

What could be the problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gibman

• Lars_MQ

• Benson

• prefrontallobotomy

Hey!

I'm using webserver control only as a way to stream TV to my PocketPC. HOwever my P3 3.6 GHZ doesn't have all the speed in the world and trying to stream often results in stuttering and DVBViewer haniging. BUT If I disable "Audio and Video" in DVBViewer I can stream without problem since the computer doesn't need to "show" the video, only decode-encode. Would it be possible to have webserver control launch DVBViewer in a mode where it only tunes to different channels but always has "Audio & Video" disabled?

Best Regards,

Olle

Hello,

tunes to different channels but always has "Audio & Video" disabled?
with a plugin its possible.

Load from the Menbers-Area the Graph Selector Plugin.

After installation you can select Plugins -> Graph Selector -> DVBSource 2 Graphs -> Disable AV

:unsure:

• 3 months later...

Just loaded & installed version 1.4.2 and somehow it didn't ever ask for a username/password anymore.

Went back to 1.2 and password request was again functional.

Has anybody had the same problem or is it just my settings or something. Perhaps a little bug?

Just loaded & installed version 1.4.2 and somehow it didn't ever ask for a username/password anymore.

Went back to 1.2 and password request was again functional.

Has anybody had the same problem or is it just my settings or something. Perhaps a little bug?

Yes, I have the same problem here.

• 1 month later...

Yes this is because of a bug I encountered with firefox. It swapped around the passwords and changed the first one without being asked to. I think they fixed it in the new release, I will change it back then.

This is just a html template change, so you could do it yourself. :wacko:

just change in the config.html the type of the password input to

type="password"

instead of "text" :bye:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friend!!

sorry bad english I'm Braziliam..

can you add suport for streamming in flv flash? if you using the Jw Flvplayer http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Player

if streamming works with that player we can watch in all players like nintendo wii , xbox 360 I tested in my wii and works perfect! I change the channel and watch my channel for orb streamming..

but if web interface stream in flash it will amazing!!!

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Trying to get this work but it's hit and miss at the moment. Here's what I did and maybe you can figure out where I'm going wrong?

I copied all the files from the v1.5 package on members site to the plugins folder in DVBV (F:\DVBV\Plugins). Open webserver via exe file and chose the 192.168.1.xx option using port 2345 - ticked all the options (active etc.).

Opening the webserver on IE (on the same PC) works ok and I can see all the epg stuff and options. However, when I choose a program to stream - it does not stream using neither VLC or WMP - VLC does not open (neither embedded or not) and WMP starts up but stops (when embedded with no error) or with error saying can't play file (when not embedded). If I open VLC on it's now and tries to open stream (UDP@:2345 or UDP@192.186.1.XX:2345) nothing happens. I know webserver has nothing to do with the netstreaming plugin but that works ok to open a stream on the same PC although the address is 224.0.0.0.

I can also get webserver to work on my iPaq on LAN but for some reason I can't open any of the actual programme - the links are not generated correctly and I don't get the option to go to the programme info and therefore stream.

My main issue is being able to access webserver using the internet at work - to schedule recording and possibly watch the stream at work.

Any ideas guys? What I'm I doing wrong? For info. I'm running DVBV & FloppyDTV S2 card on my HTPC connected by Powerline ethernet to my router - I have opened port 2345 on both the HPTC (Vista) and on the router itself.

Cheers

Thanks Lars. Done the changes a suggested. Changed a bit. Now got two new tabs - Streaming and Streaming Config. Under streaming, I now have WMP embedded with options to change settings.

Under Streaming Config, tried to changed the options but the changes are not being saved. Each time i hit save it resets the boxes. Also, no options for the pulldown under codecs.

Am I missing something?

ok start with downloading the current DVBViewer and the current web interface. I will not support an old webinterface. the reasons are also written in the readme (it's called licence).

I've got the latest DVBViewer - version 3.9.4 and the latest webserver from the members area ? v.1.5?

I am not using the same username in the forum as I am as a member if that's what you are worried about.

Now got two new tabs - Streaming and Streaming Config

you're not using the current version with the current templates. there is no streaming or streamconfig tab anymore.

Lars_MQ:

Hello, just tried the latest webserver interface (1.5) and the new streaming. Works a lot better than the previous ones and it's a lot less cpu demanding.

I have two suggestions though:

The possibillity to disable "audio/video" in the viewer on the server via the webinterface or when the httpserver starts DVBViewer (surely there must be some kind of command line for this). This would give the server even more cpu power when transcoding.

Secondly, would it be possible to add 0.4 as size for the streamed material? This is the best size to stream to my windows mobile device. 0.5 gives stutter and 0.25 is to small.

Thanks for a great addon!

,Olle

• 2 weeks later...
This is not the latest webserver. please download the current version from the memersarea.

Okey, downloaded it, copied into DVBViewer folder, run httpserver and click 'activate'. See web interface but don't see anything about streaming. How to execute web streaming? Thank s

please read the readme.

Okey, found the problem - for some channels (which doesn't have EPG), html page is empty so i don't have any chance to stream it. For channels with EPG streaming works OK.

Okey, found the problem - for some channels (which doesn't have EPG), html page is empty so i don't have any chance to stream it. For channels with EPG streaming works OK.

Is there any way to stream channel without EPG?

Hi! How can I troubleshoot the streaming function not working? I have 2 PC's with Vista installed, but I cannot view the stream, either on the server via the browser or via another pc on the network. Neither VLC or WMP work. I just get an error in WMP "WMP Cannot play this file" after I log in, and VLC says Unable to open 'http://bedroom:3335' after logging in.

Edited by 8skellerns
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I have the HTTP server installed and working fine from PCs inside and outside my network 8-)

However when I try to stream a recording VLC is just steaming the live feed instead, have I missed something as I thought you could stream recordings.

DVBViewer was recording another programme at the time.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I installed the DVBViewer 3.9.4, Web Interface 1.5 and VLC 0.8.6i

I can login and view the EPG page, but when start streaming, the enbeded WMP keep connnecting media few seconds then nothing happen. Any idea?

Thanks,

Henry

Problem solved. use the 0.0.0.0 for streaming.

Hi,

I installed the DVBViewer 3.9.4, Web Interface 1.5 and VLC 0.8.6i

I can login and view the EPG page, but when start streaming, the enbeded WMP keep connnecting media few seconds then nothing happen. Any idea?

Thanks,

Henry

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi

Is there any way to control DVBViewer HTPC section with this HTTP-Webserver? I would like to use PDA or laptop as a remote control when i'm listening music.

Edited by angle

Yes I understand that I can't see OSD in web interfase. All I want to see there is my DVBV predefined set

music folder and from there i could selcect music to play.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I cannot get the streaming working at all. In embedded mode I see nothing else than a black background in the player. And in external view both VLC and WMP fails because it cannot open the stream. It happens both locally on the webserver and from the network. The webserver host has windows firewall turned off.

I am using the newest DVBViewer 4.1.1 and the web interface installed during setup, on a Vista PC. I suspect it has something to do with Vista, but not sure.

Anyone knows about this problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick question about versions of the plugin. I'm using DVBViewer 3.8, as this is the most stable version for my setup. I only use DVBViewer for recording programmes, which are then viewed via XBMC. For scheduling I have been using v1.2 of the web plugin. Is there any reason why I can't use one of the later versions? What makes the later versions need a later version of the DVBViewer software? Will they work ok with v3.8? I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm not using the streaming side of this plugin.

Thanks