• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gibman

• Lars_MQ

• Benson

• prefrontallobotomy

Hi, I cannot get the streaming working at all. In embedded mode I see nothing else than a black background in the player. And in external view both VLC and WMP fails because it cannot open the stream. It happens both locally on the webserver and from the network. The webserver host has windows firewall turned off.

I am using the newest DVBViewer 4.1.1 and the web interface installed during setup, on a Vista PC. I suspect it has something to do with Vista, but not sure.

Anyone knows about this problem?

Hi, I seem to have the same problem on a Win XP HE OS, but before I at all discovered that the "DVBViewer HTTP server" had a remote controlled streaming feature I set it up to stream to 127.0.0.1 where i had VLC to pick it up, transcode it to smaller bandwidth using the ASF-container, and retransmit the stream through my firewall and finally having my mobile PC to pick it up via internet. Worked just fine but whenever I changed channel I had to reestablish the chain by stopping the VLC parts temporarily.

After a little moving around in the very nice btw server interface I discovered that it already included a streaming feature using VLC for transcoding. Fine I thought and tried it. The first thing that happened (I had a fresh installation of the latest DVBViewer Pro and VLC) was that an error was issued when the streaming function could not find libvlccore.dll. I seemed to overcome that issue by moving a copy of the dll to the DVBViewer folder. However thats where I am at right now. The streaming configuration window opens and I try different parameters but use the same port in my firewall as before (different ports for the stream and the server access). When I hit the "start stream" button it opens up another window giving the impression that everything is ok but nothing is visible apart from a black screen both embedded and not. External player VLC reports an unopenable stream as described above. Seems that we are pretty close to having it working but something is not. Regards /ripan

BTW Where is the VLC log-file. Can´t find it!

• 2 months later...

I installed web interface 1.5. The EPG cannot show properly. I am in Hong Kong and so I choose Chinese.

The Chinese web pages give me a BIG5 encoding. All the words in EPG are some irregular characters. Then I change the rc_chinese to use UTF-8. It looks a little better. Aroung 30% of words are shown properly but not the others.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

• 5 months later...

Im also having problems using the streaming part

The stream window will open but no video or sound displays (just a blank screen).

Ive tried on 2 different machines with fresh installs of windowsXP/DVBViewer 4.2.1/vlc 1.0.5

got it all up and running but when changing channels the webserver and DVBViewer stop responding until i end their processes from the server machine.

If i stream a channel and then power off DVBViewer and start it again I can successfully start a new stream.

Is this normal?

I would like to stream channels one after another asif i had switched it with a remote.

depends on what you use on the client side. I can confirm it works with VLC as client.

tried it with vlc on the client and its fine until i close a stream and change channel to new stream.

it just hangs and the server stops responding until i close DVBViewer on the server.

Edited by Smart