VMR question to gurus

mitsu

I'm far from being a vmr-guru :blush:

Imho you're not comparing the same streams :wacko: The screen shots from the unchanged renderer are taken from a 50Hz stream whereas VMR7 are taken from a 60Hz stream, or not? The high numbers of dropped frames could be a H.264 stream on a poor pc ;)

btw. unchanged apparently counts the frames and VMR the fields

Edited by Derrick
I'm far from being a vmr-guru :blush:

Imho you're not comparing the same streams :wacko: The screen shots from the unchanged renderer are taken from a 50Hz stream whereas VMR7 are taken from a 60Hz stream, or not? The high numbers of dropped frames could be a H.264 stream on a poor pc ;)

btw. unchanged apparently counts the frames and VMR the fields

Only change between those two is a change in the rendered selection unchanged/VMR7. Both of them are actually VMR7 the other one is windowed and the other renderless. Display adapter is outputting 50 Hz in both cases.

Problem here is that DVBV is handling OSD with VMR7/9 in such a way which disables synchronizing of directshow filter chain. For instance BSPlayer does not have this problem and filter chain is synchronized fine with subtitles which to my understanding are implemented using some sort of an OSD.

It is hard to understand that this is not bothering other DVBV users because to me it makes VMR7/9 useless with DVBV. I'm a little sceptical with the new coming DVBV renderer as well. Would it offer features like ICC color profiles and HD acceleration (and filer chain synchronization or course).

Display adapter is outputting 50 Hz in both cases.

I'm not talking about the refresh rate of the output signal but the frame rate of the live input stream.

here my results for 50Hz DVB:

I'm not talking about the refresh rate of the output signal but the frame rate of the live input stream.

here my results for 50Hz DVB:

This is certainly interesting. You get exactly what I am looking for (second picture). Why is possible for you but not me. When I select VMR7 I get something like 55 fps and lots of drops and jitter. Instead of steady high quality 50 fps like you get. What is your system and filter setup? Any ideas why this is happening?