Open EPG to DVB Viewer

donwloaded again and tested sky italy - still 1 hour behind :blink:

tried both manual standard +1 gmt and then also automatic time setting.

Re download I have changed it again.

Right click and save as.

Open EPG to DVBViewer

I have tested this and it does work. I have changed my timezone to Rome.

Edited by DJBlu
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJBlu

• dvbrewer

• uglyned

• micro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeees now it's correct :blink: cool !

i saw a new tab "series link" - guess thats for bskyb? curious how the function will be ......

off to bed - late again - tks for fixing the time zone!

i saw a new tab "series link" - guess thats for bskyb? curious how the function will be ......

If you re-download I have disabled it again. A mistake by me leaving it in.

But yes it will be a feature in the future.

Hi, I'm not able to use with Sky IT.

I have winXP SP2 and dot net 2.0 sp1 installed, DVBViewer 4.0 , netsreaming activated on unicast with "open all transponder data" set.

Same IP and port in openepg2dvbviewer.

I tuned on several channels of Sky IT bouquet (Fox, sky cin 1, sky tg 24..) but when I push on "run epg update" I get on the log:

21/03/2009 18.46.30 : Welcome to "OpenEPG to DVBViewer converter"

21/03/2009 18.46.30 : ======================================

21/03/2009 18.46.30 : Compiled by DJBlu

21/03/2009 18.46.30 :

21/03/2009 18.46.30 : Loading ... Please Wait

21/03/2009 18.46.42 : Woke up, beginning Channel and EPG grab, set to grab 7 days of information

21/03/2009 18.46.42 : Removing unwanted Events

21/03/2009 18.46.42 : Deleted 0 events

21/03/2009 18.46.42 : Error - DVBViewer not tuned to EPG transponder, please change your channel.

21/03/2009 18.46.42 : Will try again in 2 minutes

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for your kindness.

Cheers

L.

Error - DVBViewer not tuned to EPG transponder, please change your channel

You need to be on the channel IEPG Data Audio channel on the transponder that has Alice on it. 11881V

Error - DVBViewer not tuned to EPG transponder, please change your channel

You need to be on the channel IEPG Data Audio channel on the transponder that has Alice on it. 11881V

It works ! Thank You DJBlu !

I read it in a previous post but I could not remember the TP and I was thinking that each sky IT channel was good for iepgdata since, accordingly to Kingofsat, iepg data is sent on each Sky IT transponder.

Cheers

L.

Think I figured out why it's not working for me when I get Index Out of Range error, it's my fault for using Windows 7, but it's working when using Vista 64.

Any ideas how i can get it working in Windows 7?

Think I figured out why it's not working for me when I get Index Out of Range error, it's my fault for using Windows 7, but it's working when using Vista 64.

Any ideas how i can get it working in Windows 7?

I am not supporting Windows 7 as it is a beta product.

Hello DJBlu

I have a small request: Would it be possible to have an additional field for UK Region "All Regions" ?

Reason being that usually I use the England BBC / London ITV one, but for some ITV channels and Channel 4's etc I have to use different region due to not being able to receive certain channels (dish too small - bad weather etc) and then the EPG for those channels that do work isn't there.

I could control i.e. acitvate / deactivate the channels via the channel selection and create my own region with receivable channels.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Hello DJBlu

I have a small request: Would it be possible to have an additional field for UK Region "All Regions" ?

Reason being that usually I use the England BBC / London ITV one, but for some ITV channels and Channel 4's etc I have to use different region due to not being able to receive certain channels (dish too small - bad weather etc) and then the EPG for those channels that do work isn't there.

I could control i.e. acitvate / deactivate the channels via the channel selection and create my own region with receivable channels.

Hope you understand what I mean.

I can add this option however you will not get Sky Numbers for the channels. If you are happy with this then I'll include it in a future release.

Hi DJBlue and thank you fr the impressive achievement.

Ive just downloaded the latest version of th plugin but when I press 'RUN EPG Update' a request to send error to Microsoft popsup and then the program is forcefully shut down. Previous version worked flawlessly. The log as far as I can see stops at

24/03/2009 22.09.14 : Loading ... Please Wait

24/03/2009 22.09.14 : Found Channel file, Loading

24/03/2009 22.09.14 : Found EPG File - Loading please wait .. This can take a few seconds

24/03/2009 22.09.16 : EPG File Loaded

Other functions of the software seems to work flawlessly.

Any clue to help me?

Thank you very much!

Hi DJBlue and thank you fr the impressive achievement.

Ive just downloaded the latest version of th plugin but when I press 'RUN EPG Update' a request to send error to Microsoft popsup and then the program is forcefully shut down. Previous version worked flawlessly. The log as far as I can see stops at

24/03/2009 22.09.14 : Loading ... Please Wait

24/03/2009 22.09.14 : Found Channel file, Loading

24/03/2009 22.09.14 : Found EPG File - Loading please wait .. This can take a few seconds

24/03/2009 22.09.16 : EPG File Loaded

Other functions of the software seems to work flawlessly.

Any clue to help me?

Thank you very much!

Delete your Channels.xml and EPG.xml.

Then try updating.

Hi DJBlu.

Hows it going with a version with inbuilt time zone altering thingy?

The beta you realised as I mentioned elsewhere randomly deletes and adds channels.

Cheers for all your hard work.

Delete your Channels.xml and EPG.xml.

Then try updating.

No success, same 'error'.

Maybe it's mine .net framework version? I'ver got afaik 2.0 (no room on system hd to update to newer version though)

No success, same 'error'.

Maybe it's mine .net framework version? I'ver got afaik 2.0 (no room on system hd to update to newer version though)

Try installing 3.5 m8,

I left a 3.5 dependant control in there. I have removed it, but in the meantime installing 3.5 will fix it.

Try installing 3.5 m8,

I left a 3.5 dependant control in there. I have removed it, but in the meantime installing 3.5 will fix it.

Ok, I'll wait for the fixed version, then :-) Can't install 3.5 because no room on my system hd.

Thank you again!

I forgot to mention too, they will not be grouped either. i.e. Entertainment etc..

Hello

Has this feature been scraped or are you finding it hard to implement into DVBViewer?

Reading in this thread i noticed that lars mq didn't think changing the favorites was a good idea but i think this feature would be great.

Great work by the way.

Cheers Jaseb

Hello

Has this feature been scraped or are you finding it hard to implement into DVBViewer?

Reading in this thread i noticed that lars mq didn't think changing the favorites was a good idea but i think this feature would be great.

Great work by the way.

Cheers Jaseb

I am finding it hard to implement both the grouping and the series link due to the nature of how DVBViewer is written. Lars has helped out a lot but there is no way of implementing the series link due to the constraints on the software. I have tried many ways but none will work. With the favourites I can get it to add the information but removing it completely is impossible.

I am unable to spend as much time on this at the moment due to the nature of my job. So updates will be few and far between.

I am willing to help the authors implement the EPG into DVBViewer but and this is a big but I will not do it for free.

I am finding it hard to implement both the grouping and the series link due to the nature of how DVBViewer is written. Lars has helped out a lot but there is no way of implementing the series link due to the constraints on the software. I have tried many ways but none will work. With the favorites I can get it to add the information but removing it completely is impossible.

I am unable to spend as much time on this at the moment due to the nature of my job. So updates will be few and far between.

I am willing to help the authors implement the EPG into DVBViewer but and this is a big but I will not do it for free.

Thats a shame that DVBViewer is not allowing you to implement these features, DVBViewer is a great piece of software but for me the fact that you can not assign channel numbers to favorites as in 101 for bbc1 is a major failing plus in the epg timeline view you can not have groups of channels is also a major failing.

I suppose calling them a major failing is a bit harsh but in the uk this is the way we have got used to with the sky epg. I know you can assign a few of your favorites to numbers on the remote but the channels starting from 0 makes this feature a bit strange for what we are used to.

If i can be of any help with this i would be more than willing to.

Thanks Jaseb

Without a working Timezone correction version what should be done past 1am tonight?

I am still getting channels randomly deleting by themselves.

Thanks

I haven't time to work on this. Sorry.

I'll release something when I can.

I figured out a work round

I have both my older working copy and the new copy that randomly deletes channels but does have support of timezones.

Well, first things first I do an update of just the EPG and Channel list in the older version and close it down not letting the data send to DVBViewer.

Do the exact same thing in the new version then copy and paste the channel list in the folder the older version is stored into the buggy one.

Click Load Channels in the EPG Viewer tab and then Click Send EPG to DVBViewer.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Hi DJ,

Kaspersky detects OpenEPGtoDVBViewer.exe as a Virus though it claims as "unknown type". Is this a false positive?

Its the encryption the Obfuscator uses.

There is no virus in the software.

Its the encryption the Obfuscator uses.

There is no virus in the software.

Yes... I was editing my previous message. Saw this information in other forum. So, I've added the application to the antivirus exclusion list. Thanks.

Edited by Zazza

Testing with Vista and DVBViewer 4.0 (Sky Italia). I've set "No Region" in the preferences.

EPG is correctly (I presume) grabbed but channels.xml never get populated. This is the only thing written in the file:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<DocumentElement />

Just the header and nothing more.

Any help? Thank you very much.

Testing with Vista and DVBViewer 4.0 (Sky Italia). I've set "No Region" in the preferences.

EPG is correctly (I presume) grabbed but channels.xml never get populated. This is the only thing written in the file:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<DocumentElement />

Just the header and nothing more.

Any help? Thank you very much.

Does it send it to DVBViewer?

Does it send it to DVBViewer?

"autosend" is ticked but nothing is sent. Manually sending does nothing. In the tool main window, I can see events on the right but channel list on the left is always empty.

Hope it helps.

Meanwhile, thanks.

Edited by Zazza