• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJBlu

• dvbrewer

• uglyned

• micro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure I understand your suggestion about fixed IP and different port. If I do a "net stat -an |find "2345" " I can see that the stream is listening on the correct port. Also, I have tried binding it to the local interface 0.0.0.0 and also loopback and it's assigned static IP address. It connects to the Transport Stream fine, as the log shows, so the source and destination ports are correct and communicating.

Not sure I understand your suggestion about fixed IP and different port. If I do a "net stat -an |find "2345" " I can see that the stream is listening on the correct port. Also, I have tried binding it to the local interface 0.0.0.0 and also loopback and it's assigned static IP address. It connects to the Transport Stream fine, as the log shows, so the source and destination ports are correct and communicating.

Did you try 127.0.0.1?

Had exactly the same problem as you packetstormer.

I fixed it by going into hardware in DVBViewer and sellecting either (I say either because it was a while ago and im not able to get access to my settings right now) direct tuning, or open whole transponder. when one of those were ticked it made open epg to DVBViewer work again. Worth a go?...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! this plugin seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find any working link for download...

Can anyone share it, please? thanks in advance, and thanks o djblu for coding it!

Hi! this plugin seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find any working link for download...

Can anyone share it, please? thanks in advance, and thanks o djblu for coding it!

I have it but you might want to contact the author DJBlu first.

• 3 months later...

I would also like to download this program. If someone could post a link I would be grateful, or at least PM me. Thanks.

Thanks!

BTW, it seems it is currently not working with Sky Italy, at least with the latest DVBViewer versions.

No it's only set up for UK, DJBlu's mediaportal plugin does Sky IT.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does djblu know this is a problem here?

i see he is posting daily on the mediaportal site.

maybe someone could let him know..

Unless you (or DVBViewer) want to pay him I'll doubt he'll do any more work on it as it is paid software. Also I was under the impression someone else is now working on the mediaportal version.

Edited by dvbrewer

as far as i can see hes the main man over there ..as far as paid software is concerned.."open epg to DVBViewer" was never paid software.

i think however that the most of his time is taken up with media portal and its quite possible that he isnt aware about the problem here...

whether he gives a toss or not is another matter.

as far as i can see hes the main man over there ..as far as paid software is concerned.."open epg to DVBViewer" was never paid software.

I meant DVBViewer is paid for software, mediaportal isn't, there is a paypal link on the openepgtodvbviewer to reflect that (on mediaportal he only asks for donations to mediaportal, not personal).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK' date=' there is a replacement for this using EPGCollector - instructions here, and XEPG- download latest beta here, discussion thread here, instructions to automate with recording service here :bye:.

maybe you could simplify the setting up of this instead of posting links to other disscussions from people who have their own problems with their set up.

OK, here ya go

download EPGCollector here

download Xepg here

download the two files linked at AVForums here

Install Xepg to default location

Install EPGCollector to a folder in My Documents i.e. C:\Users\Username\Documents\EPG Collector

then, from BenRyder's post (in relation to the two AVforums files)

rename the suffix to '.ini'. It is configured for the Sky BBC England / ITV South region. To get your correct region you need to change the 'Channels:4097,5' line to one that matches your region from the 'Region Mapping OpenTV GBR.txt' also attached.

Just copy the ini file that into the main EPG Collector folder (make a backup of EPG Collector.ini) and replace/rename so it is called EPG Collector.ini

You need to run it with a tuner command first so it gives you a list of your available tuners. I think the command is 'epgcollector.exe /tuner' then make a note of the number next to the available tuners. You cannot use DVBLink virtual tuners.

So for example mine is the following:

Code:

Tuner:6,1

That means it will use Tuner 6 first, if that is busy will try tuner 1.

Then run the program! It will create a tvguide.xml file which just needs copying to the location TV Source uses for EPG. You then setup the EPG within TV Source as normal.

Run the program by opening a command line prompt by typing cmd in Windows start search box click cmd.exe

Type CD C:\Users\Username\Documents\EPG Collector (replace that with your own EPGCollector folder location)

Hit Return

(First run the tuner command in BenRyder's post above- epgcollector.exe /tuner , then note the tuner numbers, exit and add the tuner numbers you want epgcollector to use in your EPGCollector.ini)

Type epgcollector

Hit Return, a TVGuide.xml should be created

Open Xepg, click Add , add the location of your TVGuide.xml, EPGcollector.exe and the directory, click OK

Locate your DVBViewer.exe when prompted by Xepg

Click Channel Pairing, sort both sides Alphabetically (Alpha sort), pair manually or by name, click Apply when finished, Exit, then click Test Import

to automate it with the recording service, follow essen's instructions in this post

Edited by dvbrewer

Where can I find a "Region Mapping OpenTV GBR.txt" file for other countries?

I'm interested in the configuration for Sky Italia.

You might want to message user 'Toblerone', they mentioned they have it working with Sky IT here.

thanks dvbrewer .i got further this time than last .thanks for your effort

but it seems my satix dual tuner dosnt work with epgcollector.

Try posting on the EPGCollector support forum on Sourceforge here, or look through the old support thread :bye: .

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why i have this error everytime i try to import the EPG from Xepg into the recording service?

-- Fatal Error on line: -1, col: -1

Error evaluating the EndElement event!

HttpSendRequest Failed. GetLastError = 12002

EXCEPTION MESSAGE---ERwSaxHandledAbort:

--------------Statistics----------------------

Nodes crawled: 59242

Missing Channel IDs: 0

Missing Or Invalid Stop Times: 0

Missing Or Invalid Start Times: 0

Chunks Sent: 4

Paired <programme> items found: 5005

Depth 2 Nodes crawled: 345552

Depth 3 Nodes crawled: 11949

--------------Statistics----------------------

Error on importing EPG

Error: Posting to Recording Service

This happens everytime i click "Test Import" when the recording service is running. I've been playing around with it for a while now and it seems to import about half of the epg from the channels that i manually paired, but misses the other half..

Im using windows 7 with latest version for both RS and DVBViewer, correct credentials for RS in Xepg adn "delete old EPG" checked. Am i missing something?

• 3 weeks later...

Done, there now is a FreeSAT EPG (PID 3842) entry in the MHW options. This should do it :biggrin:

Hi

I am new to DVBViewer and am very impressed with what it can do.

I am in the UK and receive FTA channels from both Astra 28.2E and Turksat 2A/3A.

I have figured out to get EPG data for Sky/Freesat channels with OpenEPG for now - but its a manual process.

For Turksat, I cant find any active XML data to import, and DigiTurk wont release their EPG data as XML.

I did find EPG data on one transponder which I can receive on the European beam.

As you have done for Freesat, would it be possible for the next beta to include the following EPG data streams on Turksat?

If this is possible, I can test these and see which one provides the missing EPG data I need for Turksat channels.

Turksat 2A (42.0E) - 11804.00 V - Txp: 5 - Beam: Europe DVB-S (QPSK) - 24444 5/6 (37.5 Mbps) - NID:66 - TID:3

EPG DU Targeting112

SID 7010

PMT 7011

PCR 8191

EPG DU 2 (SD 306)

SID 7020

PMT 7012

PCR 8191

EPG DU 4 (HD)

SID 7040

PMT 7014

PCR 8191

EPG DU 5 PVR

SID 7050

PMT 7015

PCR 8191

I hope this is possible.

Thanks

Tony

Edited by xtonys
  • 3 weeks later...

I did find EPG data on one transponder which I can receive on the European beam.

As you have done for Freesat, would it be possible for the next beta to include the following EPG data streams on Turksat?

If this is possible, I can test these and see which one provides the missing EPG data I need for Turksat channels.

Turksat 2A (42.0E) - 11804.00 V - Txp: 5 - Beam: Europe DVB-S (QPSK) - 24444 5/6 (37.5 Mbps) - NID:66 - TID:3

EPGCollector combined with XEPG may be able to do this, post on the discussion forum here.

Edited by dvbrewer

EPGCollector combined with XEPG may be able to do this, post on the discussion forum here.

EPG Collector will collect EIT data from that transponder. Around 126 stations, 7,000 entries. I have a transport stream dump of the tranponder which I have run through the Collector.

Cheers

Steve

• 6 months later...
Windows 7 update "Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile" seems to kill this plugin.

I have tried using OpenEPGtoDVBViewer on Windows 7 but did not know this information. I installed .NET Framework 4 and the program would not load, as above.

I then uninstalled .NET Framework 4 as I heard Windows 7 SP1 comes pre installed with .NET Framework 3.5

This does not work either. No loading at all,,, even with load as admin and run in XP mode.

Running Win 7 sp1 64bit version, with updates applied after .net framework 4 was installed. i uninstalled .net 4, not the windows updates.

Anyone have OpenEPGtoDVBViewer working on Win 7?

Edited by blackbooks
  • 3 weeks later...

I have tried using OpenEPGtoDVBViewer on Windows 7 but did not know this information. I installed .NET Framework 4 and the program would not load, as above.

I then uninstalled .NET Framework 4 as I heard Windows 7 SP1 comes pre installed with .NET Framework 3.5

This does not work either. No loading at all,,, even with load as admin and run in XP mode.

Running Win 7 sp1 64bit version, with updates applied after .net framework 4 was installed. i uninstalled .net 4, not the windows updates.

Anyone have OpenEPGtoDVBViewer working on Win 7?

I too am having this problem, I actually did have this working a long time ago before I had to completely re-install everything when getting a new pc

Is there not a similar alternative to openepg program? Ie something as easy to use and update the EPG for DVBViewer?