MySeries - TV Series info OSD Plugin

amontillado

Actually:

- Season 0 is added simply because all available data is downloaded from thetvdb.com, and all specials etc. are saved there in a season '0' .

- The 'only show available' option makes that only seasons/shows/episodes are shown in the OSD for which you actually have a episode on the disk. So its not required to have all episodes. Normally the option should be enabled (so you only see the episode you actually have).

Bohem:

I still don't know when you get that error message.

I did notice some 'empty' episodes name in the screenshot you provided. This is a known bug and is solved in the version posted in this post:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/34662-myseries-tv-series-info-osd-plugin/page__view__findpost__p__315240.

Also:

- Did you check other skins.

- Did you check on the episode tab (in your screenshot) if there is a filename.

- Did you go through all three step, 1.Get files, 2. Download data, 3. Save.

Uncheck "Only show available"

As mentioned above.. this shouldn't be the solution, it will only give you the entire list of episodes, but no indication if you actually have it.

As mentioned above.. this shouldn't be the solution, it will only give you the entire list of episodes, but no indication if you actually have it.

Doesnt show any series with checkmark set. Tried with different skins. There is no poster, no banner and no list view available.

Doesent start playback too.

Not sure what is going wrong on my PC...

• 2 months later...

Hey amontillado, thanks again for the last bug fixes. I just noticed another small bug: Some tv series in thetvdb are written with small letters (e.g. German version of the series "dead like me"). Adding these to myseries confuses the alphabetical order. "dead like me" was sorted as the last item in the series list and not with others starting with d (like Dexter or Desperate Housewives). Should be an easy fix, right? :)

yes, should be easy except.... my laptop with delphi got stolen :(

I do have a backup of the files but it will probably take a week or two before I get a new one where i can install delphi on again.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to use the myseries plugin (2.24, latest??), but I run into troubles with the MySeries Manager:

• It doesn't remember the path I enter for the series
  • I'm able to do the first step and get all the files. It doesn't regcognize all series though.
  • During step 2 (download selected), the program stops responding.
  • I see however that on the C:\ drive multiple folders are created (fanart, graphical, seasons etc.)with pictures. But it takes a very, very long time. After 1 hour, program is still working (I see images in those folders being added), but not responding...

Am I doing something wrong?

1) Do you start the series manager by using the dvbv control panel? afaik this is necessary to give the programm the needed authorization to change the folder contents of dvbv.

2) Series can be manually applied. just double click on the episodes. in case they are not listed, the file extension is probably not supported so far. E.g. I havent been able to correctly import vob files (which is also difficult because one dvd folder naturally contains multiple episodes.

3) That's normal. Armontillado just didn't code a second instance, so the program won't respond to any command until it has finished the current task.

4) Yes, that's normal behavior. You can see the progress, but depending on your internet connection, the load of thetvdb.com and the amount of video files in your series folder it may take multiple hours for the first database creation. just give it time. ;)

I'm trying to use the myseries plugin (2.24, latest??), but I run into troubles with the MySeries Manager:

• I see however that on the C:\ drive multiple folders are created

12die4 allready gave the correct answer to most question, but just to be sure: It shouldn't save anything on c:\ but in dvbviewers config directory (in e.g. C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Images\Thumbs. Did you start the manager from DVBViewer, options, myseries or directly from the directory. You should do the first, if you started from the directory you better delete the .db3 and myseries.ini file from the database and plugins directory.

Hey amontillado, thanks again for the last bug fixes. I just noticed another small bug: Some tv series in thetvdb are written with small letters (e.g. German version of the series "dead like me"). Adding these to myseries confuses the alphabetical order. "dead like me" was sorted as the last item in the series list and not with others starting with d (like Dexter or Desperate Housewives). Should be an easy fix, right? :)

You had to wait for it a while.. but here you can download the fix at http://www.amontillado.nl/myseries/MySeries.dll

Regards,

Ger

12die4 allready gave the correct answer to most question, but just to be sure: It shouldn't save anything on c:\ but in dvbviewers config directory (in e.g. C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Images\Thumbs. Did you start the manager from DVBViewer, options, myseries or directly from the directory. You should do the first, if you started from the directory you better delete the .db3 and myseries.ini file from the database and plugins directory.

I do run the MySeriesManager from the options screen --> myseries --> myseriesmanager, but I see several directories being created & filled in the C:\ root directory.

The MySeries screen in DVBV is empty, which seems logical now reading your comment that things don't seem to be created in the right place.

I will first delete all these directories, the myseries.ini file and the .db3 file.

HOwever: the path is not remembered too: might that be caused by the same problem??

Also: after getting the files, I can't edit the series.

on the myseries_manager settings tab, what does it say as database, image and sqlite paths?

after download has completed, do you actually see something in the myseries_manager manage series tab?

on the myseries_manager settings tab, what does it say as database, image and sqlite paths?

after download has completed, do you actually see something in the myseries_manager manage series tab?

• Database path: C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Database\
  • Image path: <empty>
  • SQLite.dll path: c:\program files\DVBViewer\sqlite3.dll

And after download I don't see anything in the myseries_manager manage series tab!

1. Send/PM me your db3 please.

2. You did press 'save selected' after downloading ?

1. Yep, I will. Not home at the moment, so will PM you probably tomorrow.
  2. Yep, I did save selected after downloading. Even tried auto update, but same result (lots of files in C:\ directories, but that's it)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, the myseries.db file is 0 bytes, so I'm not sending you that file, since it seems a bit useless to me.

I will install the myseries again, and check if the database remains 0 bytes in size.

Installed the 2.2.x version you posted some while ago, and removed the 0 bytes database file.

Now it seems a lot better: imagepatch is set and scraping now results in files in the thumbs\myseries directory.

It will take a while before the myseries_manager is ready again, but it seems to be ok now!

Will update once more...

Edited by Mars Warrior

Well, the myseries do work!

And surprise, surprise, the myseries has no problem playing mkv movies :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Everything plays sofar (avi, divx, xvid, mpg, mkv) (w00t)(w00t)

Why won't mymovies / mediacenter - film play those files??

Does myseries uses its own filters??

nice to hear it works.

myseries uses the exact same command to play a file as mymovies does (and presumably the mediacenter).

have you checked if this problem is only with network files, just copy one of the files to the local harddrive and try it there.

nice to hear it works.

myseries uses the exact same command to play a file as mymovies does (and presumably the mediacenter).

have you checked if this problem is only with network files, just copy one of the files to the local harddrive and try it there.

Yep, everything is networked. I will test once more with local files, but if MySeries plays those networked files fine, It feels strange that MyMovies and Mediacenter - Film won't...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I wanted to try out the MySeries PlugIn, but I get an error when getting the files or search something.

"HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently"

Same problem here, am I doing something wrong?

probably a temporary site outage.. happens every now and then. You can try changing the server to http://cache.thetvdb.com/ (in the settings tab).

edit:

Just noticed that this time it also effect the image server. I added an extra setting so you can change the image server aswell (can be same as above).

download new myseries manager at: www.amontillado.nl/myseries/MySeries_Manager.exe

Edited by amontillado

'new' version uploaded

• Fix: Series with special characters (ü etc) weren't found.
  • Fix: Search for series would lead to duplicate results (1 in default language and 1 in selected language)
  • Fix: Utf8 encoding errors in myseries manager.
  • Change: Reworked the way the 'watched' flag is set from withing myseries, hopefully solves some win7 & dvb 4.5 issues.
  • Fix: Sort order for series now disregards capitals.
  • Add: Setting for image server. Since default (http://thetvdb.com/) sometimes fails. In that case use http://cache.thetvdb.com/

Most were allready included in beta's that were posted but not included in a complete package yet.

Hi,

Thanks for the new version!

It works excellent. Especially the fix for language doubles is very good.

And with the alternate tvdb link it works.

I'm creating my database and have a question.

Most series I have in seperate files per episode. With them everything works perfect as I can see.

Some series I only have as video_ts folders. Can you tell me the best way how I can integrate them?

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

I normally take the easy root and just (manually( link the .ifo to the first episode of the dvd. Only downside is that you by default don't see the other episodes in the list.

You can however also attach the episodes to a specific file (the ifo or in case you know which vob to use the vob). This can be done in the manage series tab.

Same problem here, am I doing something wrong?

I am still having this problem, also when I manually edit and search I allways run into "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently"

• 2 weeks later...

I have found the option to change the server.

But now, for the series "Benjamin Blümchen", the tool don't download the series-images.

What's the problem?

GBWebmaster

EDIT: Now it works and I don'n know why !!

Edited by GBWebmaster
  • 1 month later...

Hi amontillado!

Me again. ;) I've noticed a bug in myseries. From time to time I add new episodes and series. Sometimes however, adding new entries into the local database leads to data loss.

As a result, episodes that have been added previously disappear from the OSD lists. When checking the database under "manage series" it is obvious, that the program "forgets" the file path. The appropriate entry is suddenly empty.

However, if I try to run an update via "get files" these video files are not listed as new. The do not appear in the table below. So the only possibility to reintegrate the missing files is to manually point them via "manage series" and the [...] button. This is a very impracticable method. Is there a work-around? Can you fix this bug? Does it have anything to do with the number of video files entered into the database? At the moment it's roughly about 2500 files.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi,

Well to be honest, I never noticed this behavior and tried to replicate it this evening but without succes.

Could you verify ig this happens when you use the autoupdate as well as when you go through the step manually?