Top Posters In This Topic

• Lars_MQ

• aht961

• Bossmann

• ml 05019

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Works perfectly. :biggrin:

It would be useful (for me at least) if there was a short cut to play any channels being currently streamed by RS.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Everything work's fine in my iphone 3gs, except the audio. In DVBViewer main software the audio is normal (thanks to wrapper aac codec) but when I try to view live tv in iphone, only the image appears. In the iphoneprefs.ini can I change the audio decoder? If yes, please tell me how.

A little help will be welcome.

Cheers,

Fred.

Edited by Spilfred

Sure the aac is decoded by libfaadwraper in main DVBViewer application, but when streamed to iphone, I have no sound.

DVBViewer application is not used when recording service streams to your iphone. Ffmpeg does transcode the stream and makes it smaller so there is a chance to get a fluent stream without breakups to your iphone even over the 3G net. Probably the ffmpeg version you are using and the recommended one does not support decoding of aac sound. Newer versions does support this for sure (use google). However if using a newer ffmpeg version than the recommended one could mean other things may not work. I suggest you to try the newest version and see what happens.

Edited by majstang

Hi guys,

I see that it's possible to see the iphone interface even in a browser on a mac or pc.

The only thing that doesn't work is the final streaming. When i should press on the button a little bar appears with the play icon but it can't be played and nothing.

I'd like to use the iphone interface instead of the default one because here the streaming works, when it doesn't (transcoding issue i think) in the standanrd one.

Can u give me some advices?

• 1 month later...

Does fastforward work for recorded streams?

If I try to change the playing position on the iPhone, playing stops, and nothing happens any more.

Yes, it works! Streaming videos over the private WLAN it navigates into new playbackposition when fastforwarding pretty quick. Over the 3G net it takes quite a while. I dont think especially many people could stream TV and videos lagfree over the 3G net anyway. The 4G net should have the much needed bandwitdh though, well later when its up, whenever that would be.

MIGHT is the key word. I don't know for sure. try to open it in safari.

Should work with Mac OSX that include Quicktime X.

The problem with Windows is that Apple doesn't release Quicktime X.

Onother useful thing is that with iphone interface is possible stream also films that are in the server, with standard interface that use VlC this is impossible :( This is very annoying.

P.S. The new standard is "http live streaming" HLS

If everyone find a player for Windows is prayed of give information :)

Edited by RobbyRally
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to select the audio stream to be used? We typically have like 3-4 different audio streams per channel and the one used is probably wrong one :(

I tried to search through options/settings/etc. but couldn't find an answer.

Have problems on iphone 4.

Anyone else have problems showing the tv-channel listing?

The stream quality dropdown on recordings is also very hard to see.

The html pages are probably not optimized for iphone 4 (different resolution). You can do something about it yourself if you have some html skills. You will find the pages in DVBViewer/SVCWeb/iphone folder.

Is there any way to select the audio stream to be used?

try channel editor in main DVBViewer app to set the default audio for the channel (just a small drag-and-drop). Then it should also be used by Recording service.

• 3 weeks later...

I've made a new iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch icon for the Recording Service. I also added a startup image.

Here is a screenshot on how it looks on the iPod Touch 4 with Retina display.

The old icon to the left and the updated icon to the right. :)

comparation.png

Download the attachment and extract the folder SVCweb to your DVBViewer installation folder (probably C:\Program Files\DVBViewer or C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer).

Hope you guys like it! :dvbviewer:

DVBViewer Recording Service iPhone Retina Icon.zip

Edited by GlaZz
  • 5 weeks later...
§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi..

I have a question, i finally got my tv streaming working, and its with the ffmpeg-r25512 the 18 something version will not work here with me.

But then i have a problem, its like the video is too big for the screen, i just see half of the picture or something, like its zoomed in on the middle of the screen. Is there a config file that tells ffmpeg witch size mi iphone 4 screen is?

Zer

Ps. Really great work by the way...

Is there really no one that knows what im doing wrong.. The 756 quality is the only one where the resolution fits the screen..

You are not doing anything wrong. The RS iphonefeauture is optimized for iPhone3 and nobody has the time or knowledge to go through the html and java again...well, that would require buying an iPhone4, but why would you do that when having an iPhone3 :whistle:

However you will find all html and java in DVBViewerfolder/SVCweb/iphone....focus on the global.js file and see what happens if changing resolution in it (width and height).

• 7 months later...

I resurrect this thread to ask you something:

On Iphone 3 ( not 3gs), and ios 3.1.2, when i watch live-tv on sd( or HD) channel, image freeze 1/2 of an second, then play again ok, then freeze again for 1/2 of an second, but sound is ok all the time.( on WIFI).

It does that all the time, from the beggining of the first rec service that work with iphone.

I tried differents bitrate, nothing work.

It's not because of slow hardware from Iphone 3G, because with dvblink+mce) streaming to iphone 3g is perfect.

What i want to ask: anyone with iphone 3g, streaming is ok for you? without those freezing?

Is like having 25 fps now, then after 1 second i have 5 fps, then again 25 fps, and so on.

I could not find what settings use dvblink for streaming, but i will ask on their forum to see what is the difference.

Edited by bogdan1980

I do some digging yesterday on dvblink forum, and i see that it use a new ffmepg version :

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

I will try this today.

EDIT: this new version of ffmpeg not working.

Edited by bogdan1980

Tjod, i understand, i will remain at old ffmpeg version.

What i notice in latest rec service, 1.9.2 beta, is this:

1.Hd channels on Iphone 3G now work

2. I could play an channel on Server PC with DVBViewer, and in the same time play same channel on Iphone.

3.Streaming on Iphone is now better, image freezes appear from time to time, but still rarely then in the old version.( from 10 in 10 second ,slow frame rate appear)

Edited by bogdan1980

Same Problem here:

Since updating to iOS5 programming recordings on the iphone or ipad does not work anymore.

Seems to be a bug in the iphone skin.

Does anyone know a workaround or when it will be fixed?

Is there any way to select the audio stream to be used? We typically have like 3-4 different audio streams per channel and the one used is probably wrong one :(

I tried to search through options/settings/etc. but couldn't find an answer.

This is an old thread, however, if the following info helps: There is a free application in App Store called "GoodPlayer" (iphone/ipad), which streams all channels (live or recorded) from DVBV-Recording Service. You can change the audio as well as the subtitles just by moving your fingers across the screen. I wanted desparately Finnish subtitles since they are not burned in the dvb-stream (teletext). Only for watching the streams, I use this, it is brilliant. However, for timers, EPG and etc. of course I use the web-interface explained here. Excellent piece of art this DVBV-Recording Service as a UPnP/DLNA server. Thanks once again to its creators.

Edit: typo errors

Edited by aht961

I have 2 Iphones, an 3G and an 4.

GoodPlayer does not work on old Iphones, with ios 3.xx, same as airplayer latest, etc.

I tried 10-20 dlna software from appstore few days ago, but all are crap on Iphone 3G.

But Goodplayer is ok on my Iphone 4, i have ios 4xx on it, not ios5.

If anyone know an good dlna software, pls post it here, alot from this forum use iphones.

Edited by bogdan1980

If anyone know an good dlna software, pls post it here, alot from this forum use iphones.

Well, it depends on which platform you want to install them. There are plenty options. I have tried almost all available and have my own personal preferences. I, in principal and for practical reasons, try to stay away from Win environment - DVBViewer is the only exception, though. Therefore, I keep almost all of my media in a linux based NAS (running an unRaid system - solid as a rock) and a few in an Os X desktop.

According to the server type I have some preferred clients running on iphones (3GS & 4 with iOs 5) or iPads (2nd Gen, IOs 5).

NAS LINUX Server:

Air Video Server >>>> Client = Air Video

Twonky Media Server >>>> Client = Various clients, among them MLPlayer (music, mpeg4), PlugPlayer (mostly for music) and FileBrowser (Video-ts folders). GoodPlayer for videos including VIDEO_TS folders or TS streams (possibility to choose correct audio and subtitles). Handbrake for conversion duties installed on the linux NAS.

WIN PC:

DVBV Recording Service ONLY for recording and live TV streaming (it is the best in this area) to iPad = Client Safari or GoodPlayer for live streams. Occasionally via XBMC clients on Os X or PCs.

Os X iMac:

PLEX server >>> Client Plex

iTunes library >>> Client Remote

Edited by aht961
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I have a problem when using Recording Service on iPhone (iOS5)

I can browse everything fine in safari using http://192.168.0.######:xxxx/iphone/

But when i try to start a stream, i cant choose quality and the "playbutton" is crossed over.

Havent updated for a while so im on Recording Service V1.7.0.1

http://de.DVBViewer.tv/de/images/f/f2/Iphonestream.jpg (how it should look)

Btw, it works fine using same URL and VNC watching streams on my PC.

Edited by Stigjohan76

You could try latest rec service, at quality and stability is better then v 1.7x

You could try latest rec service, at quality and stability is better then v 1.7x

Is it still memberarea i have to go to download the latest rec service?