Why DVBviewer doesn't fully start after a sleep ?

Gresivaudan

Hi,

My DVBViewer is fully installed, running perfectly. And I am able to schedule any program. Seems that all features are working.

So it is running perfectly well .... except one key feature in a certain context !

After any wake up out of the sleep mode (Win Seven, S3), DVBViewer is able to start but the screen remains black and no sound. Seems that it is not able to connect correctly to the DVB card driver(Avermedia). This issue is not related to task scheduling stuff. Once going out of the sleep mode, DVBViewer doesn't restart a channel (whatever DVBViewer was started or not before entering in sleep mode).

The only fix for the moment for this is ... to reboot the PC. And channels are back and so available.

In a first approach, thinking that the card may be the faulty cause, I tried the DVB software which came with the card and another DVB software and there is no issue after a wake up. Channels are always back after a wake up and so it's possible to record a scheduled program althouth the PC was in sleep mode.

So this issue seems to come from DVBViewer software or from any setups.

Any suggestion to try to fix this ?

Hmm, I just posted a very similar thing, although in my scenario the same thing happened from a normal boot not a wake up, and the OS is XP SP3.

Edited by avoidz

In the "CloseDVBV" thread,DevCon is mentionned. I tested it to "restart" the driver before starting DVBViewer after a "sleep mode". And it works !

So it has been added to the "DVB tasks scheduler" to be started few seconds before DVBViewer launch.

Now it is working with reliability.

Thanks a lot Portisch to have me directed to this !!!

Edited by Gresivaudan