DVBViewer RC4.5 closes down with error 1242

simon99

Hi,

I have obtained my new credentials and downloaded and installed the DVBViewer 4.5 RC1 without problems - regarding to the installation and registration of the new credentials as described.

Unfortunately DVBViwer now closes down after approx. 2 min. with the following error description:

User data error 1242 please keytools to enter the correct data.

I have tried to run the keytools programs several times, and i've tried to uninstall and reinstall DVBViewer, but the problem remain.

Is this a known problem, and is there a known solution/workaround

Regards

simon99

Which Antivir program are you using? turn it off, install the viewer, turn it on again (at least kaspersky is known to sabotage the installation).

If you are using spybot search and destroy's "teatimer" turn it off then install.

Are you running the DVBViewer wizard? go through without scanning channels.

Sorry - of course I should have described what I did. :blush:

I followed both your advices in one pass, so in fact I can't say if it was enough to just do one of your suggestions.

I first uninstalled DVBViewer.

I shut down my antivirus and firewall program (Sunbelt Vipre which is a combined antivirus and firewall product) - reinstalled DVBViewer and got through the setup wizard without scanning the channels.

Started up DVBViewer and made a channel scan.

That's it and now it works.

It seemed to be the fastest way to test your suggestions - especially considering the rather late hour.

Hi, sorry for my bad English, I use the google translator, I am Spanish.

I have the same problem, every two minutes I get the error identification and off the DVBViewer. I made all possible operations, ie, I disabled the antivirus, firewalls, I've also disabled the firewalls windons and no solution to my problem. I have also restarted the pc, well, no where will my problem.

I bought the program a few days ago, I sent the password and the keys. Introduce it and still not working properly.

Where is the problem?

Greetings

During installation?

yes, I had all antivirus and firewall disabled, in fact I desistalado the DVBViewer and I returned to installer has a dozen times.

I sent a message to the moderator of the program to see if I provided some erroneous keys.

greetings

Maybe the Setup that you are using for installation is damaged. Something you can try: Download the Setup again, but before you do, empty the browser cache! Otherwise your browser may fetch the Setup from the cache instead of downloading it again.

Which browser are you using for download?

Maybe the Setup that you are using for installation is damaged. Something you can try: Download the Setup again, but before you do, empty the browser cache! Otherwise your browser may fetch the Setup from the cache instead of downloading it again.

Which browser are you using for download?

I am using mozilla firefox, I'll try to follow the instructions you have given me and I'll explain how it has gone.

Thank you very much for your kindness

@bolance

I´m spanish too and would like to know how do you use DVBViewer, are you using a TDT, satellite or cabler receiver?

You can write me a PM in spanish if you like.

hello, since I have already gotten it to work but with another version.

DVBViewer pro version 4.5 RC has been impossible to work.

DVBViewer version 3.0.0. RC this version is that I have gotten it to work. But I am Spanish and this program has only two languages, English and German. Is it possible to put the program in Spanish version?

DVBViewer version 3.0.0. RC this version is that I have gotten it to work.

You mean DVBViewer GE 3.0.0? If it works without error message, something went wrong with the DVBViewer Pro Setup file.

this program has only two languages, English and German. Is it possible to put the program in Spanish version?

A native Spanish speaker would have to translate the English.lng file. Sorry, I cannot do it...

@bolance

Have you used the the same user name for the installation as you used for the download of the setup.exe?

@blasgl

Download the DVBViewer GE and the Language Editor (here) open \DVBViewer GE\Language\English.lng as source file and crate a empty .txt file an rename it to Spanish.lng an open it as target.

@bolance

Have you used the the same user name for the installation as you used for the download of the setup.exe?

hello sir, yes, I used the same username and password information and the same file keyfile for the installation of the two programs.

however, if the program was installed DVBViewer pro on my pc, DVBViewer 3.0.0 and I had to install solomente spike on the back of the folder icon and open the program.

not if I explained well.

pd.: the translation and I've done

greetings

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I too have the same problem with DVBViewer version 4.5.0.0

After a few minutes error 1242.

I tried to install it with antivirus and firewall disabled but does not work.

Also I can not even get into member area to download other versions because the password that they sent me via e-mail no longer works.

I already sent my request your lost password section of the site but I have not had any response.

What can I do? I have already spent 30 € to buy the product 2 times ... I think not having to spend more ...

greeting

Also I can not even get into member area to download other versions because the password that they sent me via e-mail no longer works.
If it worked before and now it did not work any more. This looks for me like the data are black listing. This usually only happens if the user data or files from the members section appear somewhere in internet.

But I can't say if your user name is relay on the blacklist or not. (You can only ask this via eMail here)