Post Processor Plugin

Is it possible to configure this plugin so that something like "ProjectX" (a video demuxer porgram) can be run direclty after a recording is finished?

Is there any plugin that allows this?

No, not any plugins i would imagine, but you can run commandline tools through batch files as an after recording task. Or better yet scripts through exe. The executed programs can not have messageboxes, userinterface and you can not have any user interaction with them.

Edited by majstang

Thanks for that. I take it with that script you can easily task a script to run after a recoding, correct?

Cheers

Yes!

When the script is compiled as an exe, then you have to create a task in RecService and tie the exe to this task. Rightclick the RS systray icon and choose configure--tasks and create the new task. When scheduling a recording this task can be brought up through the "Task" field in the "SearchEPG" or "New Recording Timer". This task/script will then be executed after the recording is done. The script can also be used as default task after recording Webinterface->Configuration->Recorder->Choose the script/task as default task after recording. You can also do the same thing if you are using Autosearchtimers and choose this script/task from the SearchEPG and then save it as a Search Preset. All future to come recordingtimers for that particular Search Preset will then inherit the script/task when the autosearchtimer gets executed.
Edited by majstang

wait, 1 more thing. What if i want to run this post process for more than 1 recording ? e.g if i record 2-3 programs that finish at the same time?

I dont see any problem as long as your script does not execute 2-3 transcoding processes at the same time. Then CPU-load could be quite heavy. Demuxing does not bring any greater strain on the system as long as your hardware are not too old.

Edited by majstang

...and if it will be a problem running 3 after recording tasks simultaneously you always have the opportunity to delay the second and third task, cuz when dealing with scripts you can do pretty much what ever you like.

I cant seem to get it to work. Does the script have to be an .exe?

Don't know...haven't tested if vbscripts works or not. Tried .ahk (autohotkey) but that didnt work so i was forced to compile the script to an .exe for it to work. I think .bat files works good as well.

Make sure your script does not execute any functions where user input or message boxes are needed. Wiki says:

"All user input or message boxes must be suppressed at all costs. There is no user interaction."

Script will hang if this rule isnt followed. If you cant get it to work please post your script and describe what you wanna accomplish.

Edited by majstang