Recording Service status continues as recording

Vovven

Hi,

I recenty started to use the recording service and it works great apart from a small problem.

After a recording is finished the recording service still has the status recording, I would expect it to be idle.

The PC doesn't go into standby either which I guess is due to recording service still being in recording state.

Could it be a setup pblm?

I've followed the installation guide to the best of my knowledge.

Grateful for any ideas.

regards,

Vovven

After a recording is finished the recording service still has the status recording, I would expect it to be idle.

The PC doesn't go into standby either which I guess is due to recording service still being in recording state.

Could it be a setup pblm?

No, I think not! It sounds more to be a Recording Service crash. The standby won't get executed after recording finishes cuz the service has stopped working. You need to find out why service crashes. Often when the service crashes just when the recording is about to finish points to the issue with vthumbs.exe. You can read more about it here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/40360-recording-service-crash/

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/43143-recording-service-crash-total/

Add: Check the recording you were doing when RS crashed and let us know how long it is. Tells us when the service went down.

Edited by majstang

I renamed vthumbs.exe, it doesn't make any difference.

Recording works as expected if post action is set to "none", if set to "standby" recording service crashes, hangs or whatever.

The recorded video seems to complete OK as far as I can determine. The resulting video file is playable, no errors in the logg-file.

Attached the logg-file from the latest recording plus a support file taken after that the videofile has been created and the recording service is in recording state (forever).

Any more ideas on how to explore the reason for this behaviour?

support.zip

Jims värld_TV6_14-14-40.log

Just want to add that if post action is "hibernate" or "shutdown" recordings services works OK.

As previously stated post action "none" also works fine.

Sorry, I don't know what's going on here! Checking your svcdebug.log something goes wrong in between these two steps when RS should release/destroy the tuner after the recording is done.

This is from your log

03.01.11 14:44:00.609 TRecording Release KNC BDA DVB-C (1)

03.01.11 14:44:00.609 TRecording Destroy KNC BDA DVB-C (1)

This should have happened but never does, instead RS crashes:

03.01.11 14:44:00.709 TRecording Destroyed KNC BDA DVB-C (1)

It makes me wonder if there is some issue with the KNC driver maybe. Did you install the x64 driver? Do you have the same issue if recording with your second tuner?

When checking further into your svcdebug.log there is two things getting my attension. First is, there are logs which states:

"Powermessage Going Away... and Powermessage Coming from Away...", pointing to you seem to have Away Mode enabled. According to several forums Away Mode is not supported on 64-bit Windows systems. If you sometimes get this message "Address a problem with Away Mode System" ever, then you have the Away mode enabled. This can for sure be a big reason for your troubles.

Second thing I do notice in your log, why do you have logs like "AddReference webserver: 2 and Releasereference webserver: 1", do you have more than one RS installed?

Yes I have the x64 driver.

Further testing has revealed though that this problem doesn't occur with the second tuner.

So it seems hardware related although I haven't experienced any other problems with tuner 1.

I'll set tuner 2 to prefered or use hibernate as post action to work around the problem. Live TV is no pblm on tuner 1.

Thanks majstang for helping me out on this one.

To answer your other questions, away mode is disabled in Bios and I have only one instance of RS installed. I sometimes use a PC-client and sometimes the PC-server directly, to set up the recordings, could this be the explanation why you see references to webserver 1 and 2?

Thanks majstang for helping me out on this one.

To answer your other questions, away mode is disabled in Bios and I have only one instance of RS installed. I sometimes use a PC-client and sometimes the PC-server directly, to set up the recordings, could this be the explanation why you see references to webserver 1 and 2?

You're welcome! I think you should disable Away Mode in Win7 as well since it doesn't do you anything good anyway, just to be on the safe side. Here is how you do it:

- go to control panel >> power options

- click on "change plan settings" for the plan you are using

- click on "change advanced power settings"

- scroll to the bottom to "multimedia settings" and expand it

- under "when sharing media" select "allow computer to sleep" instead of away thingy

Yes, you might be right about the webserver references! I always use only the PC-server directly and that could be why I havent these references myself. Well, you learn something new everyday :bye:

Edited by majstang