mce2005 remote plugin

i have a strange problem, i moved to windows 7 and are using same remote settings as always, but not all buttons of the remote works now!

i read a little around and found a old thread about a mce keyboard, where HQ_lars suggest to try hidtest.exe to show what codes are actually recieved from the remote..

and here's where the weirdness starts :)

i get all codes as they should! AND surprise.. DVBViewer is responding!

i move focus back to DVBViewer and NOT responding anymore :(, like when hidtest is running AND has focus, DVBViewer gets the codes, but not when hidtest is minimized or closed.. STRANGE lol

any ideas??

-Thomas

ok forget/delete this thread lol, i found out it was intelliremote which i use to switch from DVBViewer > xbmc making the strange scenario, just had to delete all key entries from that and it's working again, silly me ;)

-Thomas

wait.. grrrr it WASN'T intelliremote, removed that completly and came closer to the real problem

when DVBViewer does NOT have focus, as if not full screen and i click the desktop, all keys are working as they should

but if i click the DVBViewer window so that has focus, most keys not responding (a few are!), this makes no sense at all :(

still looking for a fix lol

-Thomas

From Changelog DVBViewer 4.6

Fix: Fixed the DVBViewer main window doesn't have the focus after start.

As you see, devs have been messing about with the code controlling the focus behaviour due to several bugreports about the problem behind the fix. When doing so it is not easy to anticipate other related ramifications it brings, which your issue surley is about. You could always post a proper bugreport with a support.zip. In that way there is at least a fighting chance for devs to look up what OS, drivers, hardware and settings you have. It is so much easier to do a proper bug search with this background information. When that is done remember ironing out bugs takes time, so have patience.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

:bye:

Edited by majstang

Hi

I have checed som more, and this problem come up on all win7 home premium 64bit but not on win7 home premium 32bit

It maybe 2 of the computer run higher versjons, than home premium, off total 7 computers tested.

And the problem is only on the computer that have 64bit.

I`m not finish testing it at home.. need som time free from kids and dayli stuff to do.

So under Options>Input>inputplugins> you dont have marked any plugin off the plugins: WinLirc/MCE2005/MCEIr?

hmm i haven`t tryed without for my mce remote (will do)

Singel or dual/multi screens you run?