channel scan fails with pctv nanostick T2

n1cknewt0n

Hi,

I have just just purchased a copy of DVBViewer 4.6.0.1 and installed it on my Windows Professional XP (x32), with a PCTV nanostick T2 usb stick. However, when I run a channel scan, no stations are found. I have also downloaded a free copy of the ProgDVB TV software, which is able to find all available channels, proving that the nanostick T2 is working correctly. To investigate the scanning issue, I tried scanning with the TransEdit_3_6_3 utility, which also failed to find any channels.

I have attached the support.zip file to help identify the problem. I am using an ASUS M4N78 Pro motherboard with onboard graphics, and havs an AMD quad core processor installed. The Nanostick is using driver release 5.2010.901.0. The Windows XP environment is pached to the latest release and all of the latest ASUS drivers have been deployed.

Many thanks,

Nick

support.zip

However, when I run a channel scan, no stations are found

With which transponder list?

Try a blind scan with TransEdit and the included Terrestrial_UK.ini (appearing as Terrestrial UK Blind Scan). Read more about it here. Please take note of the TransEdit installation instructions! They will tell you where the INI file has to be stored. According to your support.zip TransEdit is not part of your DVBViewer installation - I guess you have stored it somewhere else.

Hi,

I have tried running TransEdit again after copying it to the DVBViewer install directory, selected the Terrestrial_UK.ini and ran the blind scan option, but still no channels were found. I also tried running scans a specific frequencies that I know correct for the Winter Hill transmitter (about 3 miles away with a direct line of site, so a strong signal).

I should re-iterate, that the ProgDVB software was able to find all channels, and can play most of the non-HD stations (there appears to be an issue with about 30% of stations at the bottom half of the channel list - probably a software memory issue).

I am particularly keen to get the DBVViewer software running, as I believe it to be a far better product than ProgDVB, and I have paid for it.

Many thanks,

Nick

Well, I don't know why it doesn't work... all I see in your support.zip seems to be ok.

You can try to play a bit with the TransEdit hardware settings, particularly "Stop stream while tuning", "Use standard interface" and "Use internal Network Provider filter". Maybe it does something... or contact uglyned. He made DVBViewer & TransEdit work with the PCTV nanostick T2 usb. See here. Maybe he knows something...