I am getting User Data Error 1279.

My system:

DVBVeiwer 4.6.0.1

Windows XP Pro SP3 32Bit

Vipre Premium Antivirus & Firewall

PowerDVD10

AMD X2 5050e 2.6Ghz

4GB DDR2 800Mhz

I own 2 DVBViewer Licenses. One working successfully on another machine with V4.6.0.1.

This PC was running DVBV 4.3 with no problems. Upgraded to 4.6.0.1, and I get the error message after about 4 minutes. Have reinstalled 3 times. Have logged in and downloaded a fresh copy (taking care not to confuse my 2 accounts). Have run Keytool.exe a million times, all to no avail.

The Key file is on the same drive, but different partition, didn't work, so moved to a folder on same partition, still didn't work.

I have only this one installation with this key file so there is no duplication.

Starting to pull my hair out ... and I don't have much!

Can anybody help?

Tim

New Zealand

Hi Tjod,

I followed those instructions on the webpage you refered me to, but still the problem persists.

I downloaded DVBBViewer.exe & the key file from another PC and was careful to use my login & password from the correct account.

Still doesn't work. Here is my support file. Hopefully it explains what the problem might be.

Many thanks,

Tim

New Zealand

support.zip

I own 2 DVBViewer Licenses. One working successfully on another machine with V4.6.0.1.

Have you already tried to use the working set of user data & installation file on the problematic PC? You don't have to use different user data on different PCs.

Yes, tried both sets of user data and DVBV downloads on the problematic machine. Same error repeats.

I wonder if there is something about the configuration of this PC that the license application conflicts with.

I'm using Vipre Premium Antivirus and Firewall. Is anybody else having trouble like this with Vipre?

Never had any problems with hardware with this PC. Normally runs perfectly.

Thanks,

Tim

New Zealand

Both licenses work on my other PC, so the problem must be specific to the configuration of the troublesome pc.

I suspect the firewall and antivirus (possibly).

Any other possible suspect applications that might cause trouble with the license file.?

Tim

New Zealand

Only just got around to trying the installation again, this time with Vipre Premium Firewall & Antivirus disabled, and it worked!

Vipre must have prevented DVBV from installing correctly, so now all is well. No more trouble with the license file.

Tim

New Zealand