Online Plugin

hackbart

Please write in English, because this is the english section of the forum.

Did you try to configure the plugin? ==> Show "Online" in ...

@All: Currently i have problems using Shoutcast. My DevKey seems not to work anymore. I hope this is only a temporary problem.

Edited by SnoopyDog

sorry I Changed the language :)

I have configured the plugin in DVBViewer, but I can not find it in the OSD menu

Show "Online" in Home window an HTPC...

Edited by Joshua06

No problem :) Is it 32 or 64 bit? I can check things later on 32 bit Windows 7 , but i don't have a 64 bit system.

Do you have problems with other plugins? But if you see the configuration sheet of the online plugin in the DVBViewer dialog, the plugin is loaded.

What version of DVBViewer are you using?

No problem :) Is it 32 or 64 bit? I can check things later on 32 bit Windows 7 , but i don't have a 64 bit system.

Do you have problems with other plugins? But if you see the configuration sheet of the online plugin in the DVBViewer dialog, the plugin is loaded.

What version of DVBViewer are you using?

I have 32 bit, i don´t have problems with other plugins (audio recorder plugin ok). I use DVBViewer Version 4.9

@özgür: Which filters are installed (support.zip)?

support.rar

The only problem, as I said, man, video playback is finished, the response is cutting DVBViewer. You see watch a video that is, to push the effort to close program...

Ich klinke mich hier nochmal ein. Versuche seit geraumer Zeit das online Plugin ans laufen z bekommen, Erfolg = 0

Ich bekomme es trotz korrekter Installation garnicht angezeigt. Dachte erst es sei ein Sicherheitsproblem unter Win 7(Fluch & Segen), also habe ich den DVBViewer nochmal komplett auf einer anderen Partition installiert...nix.

Kennt das Problem noch jemand ?

Me :)

Plugin works, OSD XML works, but i cant watch any video on youtube for example. Haali is installed, but DVBViewer doesnt load it. At least Haali is not in the tray where it usually is. Status of DVBViewer is: unknown

Did you try to set haali as splitter in your youtube.fpg?

It also should be possible to create several "youtube.fpg" files (i.e. youtube_mp4.fpg & youtube_flv.fpg) with different splitters to get more control of the directshow filters.

Yes,

[General]
DisplayName=Youtube Stream

Description=LAV Splitter/ffdshow DXVA

Conditions=.you,Stream

Enabled=1

[splitter]
CLSID={171252A0-8820-4AFE-9DF8-5C92B2D66B04}
Name=Haali Media Splitter

[MPEG2Decoder]
CLSID={0B0EFF97-C750-462C-9488-B10E7D87F1A6}
Name=ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder

[H264Decoder]
CLSID={0B0EFF97-C750-462C-9488-B10E7D87F1A6}
Name=ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder

Does this help ?

22.12.11 17:56:29.439 TUCStreamThread  Could not connect, Error: 10038
22.12.11 17:56:29.439 TUCStreamThread  Could not connect, Error: 10038

Did you tried other decoders?

I guess FFDShow DXVA for VOD wasnt the best idea. :wacko:

I am open for other codecs :) This was a copy'n paste from the examples.

My main problem is, i dont know what to type in !?

Even the string "Haali Media Splitter" was a best guess. I dont know exactly how the codecs are called officially.

Did you try to set haali as splitter in your youtube.fpg?

It also should be possible to create several "youtube.fpg" files (i.e. youtube_mp4.fpg & youtube_flv.fpg) with different splitters to get more control of the directshow filters.

Where do I put YoutubeStream.fpg?

Allright :) Some stations work, others not :) Cant get youtube to work though.

post-82324-0-65520800-1324898793_thumb.png

This is "Lanz kocht" from the ZDF Mediathek. Shouldnt it display the title ?

Like "Lanz kocht! vom 16. Dezember 2011"

Inside the folders (in this case ZDF - "Lanz kocht") of the casts there is only listview and small icons available. No big icons :(.

I found something else. Haali is recognized as 001. Is this a windows 64bit issue ?

post-82324-0-88419400-1324899959_thumb.png

Edited by mague

Some stations work, others not :) Cant get youtube to work though.

Its all about setting up directshow properly.

I will try to make some youtube.fpg's examples (not so easy :wacko: ).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

How should YoutubeStream.fpg file look?

I have got installed already Haali Media Splitter, CyberLink PDVD11, AC3Filter, Windows 7 x64 and have tried all the settings you put here but YouTube is still not working. It does not read any files and not give any feedback or messages.

I will be appreciate for any help

Hi Nordstern!

For each podcast, you'll have to find proper feed pictures and enter them manually. ARD and ZDF also have Youtube channels, i prefer them instead of the podcasts.

@All: Happy new year! Sorry for the long break, but i did lots of things. Unfortunately, my Notebook, where i did all the development for this plugin died last week, so i had to move things to another computer. I also had to break a big piece of source code into many small pieces, because it got more and more confusing - you will (hopefully) don't see any difference, but it was a lot of work doing this.

Here is a new version of the online plugin:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46963-online-plugin/page__st__15__p__350477#entry350477

Changes:

• Podcasts and favorites are stored in a SQLite database now. The old .ini files (podcast.ini and onlinefavorites.ini) are imported automatically to the database and will get deleted after a successfull import. You'll better make a safety copy of these files, i tested the import on and on and did not get a problem but you'll never know ;)
  • You can configure the path for the database in the plugin's configuration file (online.ini). Section [plugin] => DatabasePath= ...
  • You can select the maximum prefered video resolution for video playback in the plugin's configuration page. Currently working with YouTube only. E.g. if you have problems with YouTube playback via mobile internet, just reduce the video resolution. The 4K resolution also works, but you need proper hardware and enough bandwidth on your internet connection. For me, this does not work properly, i only get a "stop-and-go" slideshow. Maybe, you have more luck.
  • If you playback 3D videos and use a special shader for this, the plugin remembers this shader and automatically uses it the next time you watch a 3D video. After the playback of a 3D video finished, the plugin switches back to the previous used shader. This also works for YouTube only so far.
  • Added a "safe search" feature (YouTube) if you have kids. You can enable this in the plugin's configuration file ONLY. I did this intentionally, it should not be too easy to switch this feature on and off. Just change the value "SafeSearch=" in the section [Content] from "0" to "1".
    YouTube says: "Filters sexually explicit video and images from Google Search result pages, as well as results that might link to explicit content."
  • In YouTube and Vimeo user channels you can browse the albums, that a user has created now. For YouTube an "album" is the user's playlists, for Vimeo it's the user's albums.
  • If you do a search in YouTube or Vimeo, the search result may also list a user channel, that matches the search pattern 1:1
  • You can move your favorites and podcast contents with the remote control now. Just select the item that you like to move, open the context menu (OSD blue) and choose "Keys move mode". Move the icon with the left and right keys on your remote and finish with "OK". User channels are still always on the top of your favorites and video clips are listed after the channels. You can not move a video clip in front of user channels.
  • Improved the internet radio section: using a different feed which lists more radio channels.
  • Added radio podcasts to the internet radio section.
  • Preliminary and just for fun: Added Yavido because they finished broadcasting over satellite. If you still like to watch the program, add a new podcast feed with
    streamapp://yavido

for the feed url and

http://www.yavido.tv/sites/default/files/yaml_2col_31_logo.png

for the podcast image url. The image quality is even more worse as it was on satellite...

• Added more YouTube feeds.

Hints for OSD skin:

* If you like to support the new feature "show albums" in the user channel view, just add a new Toggle Button with Control ID 500 to the "online_userchannel.xml" file.

* added a new variable "#online.alt.name" which holds the text "Online", when there is no provider logo available. ==> Show either a provider logo or the text "Online" in the skin.

* added a new variable "#online.alt.selected" which hold the same text as "#online.selected" but without the provider name, if a provider logo exists. If there is no provider logo, both variables contain the same text.

• 5 weeks later...

I uploaded an update here: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46963-online-plugin/page__st__15__p__350477#entry350477

Changes:

• Introduced sub folders for podcasts and radio stations. You can define them in the podcast editor.
  • Podcasts and radio stations are shown as a tree now in the podcast editor.
  • You can drag & drop items in the podcast editor with the mouse to change ordering of items.
  • Simplified adding new podcasts: for many podcasts, you only need to enter the feed Url and then click on "check". Thumb Url (if any), podcast title and description (if available) are filled in automatically, if the editor fields are still empty.
  • Added preview for channel logo in the podcast editor.
  • If there is any channel logo for a podcast defined and a podcast item does not have a thumbnail, then the channel logo is used as the default thumbnail.
  • Redirection links to logos and images are handled now (e.g. "Dilbert" Podcast).
  • Fixed a bug in podcast item datatype detection, if a link refers directly to YouTube (e.g."Ask A Ninja" Podcast)
  • Fixed a bug in the dynamic playlist (currently used for Yavido only): used the wrong method to delete the top item from the DVBViewer playlist. This confused the playlist manager in some cases and playback got corrupted.
  • #coverart was not set correctly for youtube videos.
  • Reenabled playback for a few special youtube videos because youtube changed some code.

Please make a safety copy of your original "online.db3" database before you start using the update! I tested on and on but you'll never know.

Edited by SnoopyDog
  • 2 months later...

I uploaded an update here: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46963-online-plugin/page__st__15__p__350477#entry350477

• Reenabled playback of vimeo videos. Preliminary, don't know how long this will work.
  • Using "Prefered video resolution" for vimeo: everything <= 854x480p will playback in SD - the rest in HD.
  • If playing back a vimeo video is restricted, then the restriction reason is displayed on the OSD.
  • Using new search API for laut.fm: Search is possible now within laut.fm

Edited by SnoopyDog
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, again, vimeo playback does not work anymore. I fixed that and upload another update later today. What do you mean with search does not work?

Unfortunately, I have this here for all .mp4 videos, online and on my harddisc from time to time. Only on Windows 7 with different direct show filters. I don't have this with Windows XP and overlay renderer. I "solve" it by pressing the "0" so the video restarts playback. No solution so far :(

Vimeo search: Right now we use the vimeo "simple" API, where you don't have to register your application. The simple API has no search functionality at all, so i do some kind of pseudo search.

• 3 months later...

Hi!

I've just installed this plugin but when I select Online from OSD-menu I can't see anything - nothing happends?

Do you have any ideas what I've done wrong?

-lahna

Edited by -lahna
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for my long absence. I have to provide an upload, because Vimeo playback does not work anymore (fixed this already, thx to Christian for his suggestions) and since yesterday, Youtube won't playback anymore. I started investigating the last issue already, pls be patient!

@-lahna: Which OSD Skin are you using? Does it support the online plugin.

Thank you Christian :) This helped me.

I uploaded an update yesterday:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46963-online-plugin/page__view__findpost__p__350477

• YouTube playback is working again.
  • Vimeo playback is working again.
  • Yavido: Displaying the name of the current and next show in the playback status window
  • Fixed a bug for Laut.fm where only a few genre names were listed from time to time.

Shoutcast is still working by the way. If anyone of you is lucky to have a valid shoutcast key, you can enter it in the "online.ini" file under [Radio] => ShoutcastKey=

Codec-Guide for playing back video streams (system and graphic cards independent):

Basically, you can NOT use the popular LAV splitter for live streaming at the moment. There is an issue that it hangs at the end of video playback and you need to kill the DVBViewer with the task manager. I recommend using the latest versions of the MP4 and FLV spliter from the MPC HC codec pack. You can download it here: http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/downloads/

Codec chains that i use:

• mp4 streaming: MP4Spliter.ax - LAVVideo.ax (or DivXDecH264.ax) - LAVAudio.ax
  • flv streaming: FLVSplitter.ax - DivXDecH264.ax (you can also use LAVVideo.ax but i get stuttering for some flv files with it) - LAVAudio.ax
  • mp4 files: LAVSplitter.ax - LAVVideo.ax - LAVAudio.ax
  • flv files: see flv streaming.
  • m2ts/mpls: LAVSplitter.ax - ffdshow.ax (because of subtitle rendering) - LAVAudio.ax
  • Internet radio with aac+: DivXAudio (daax.ax). Be sure to untick the format option "aac" in LAVAudio! With LAVAudio, you won't hear anything!
  • Live tv: DVBSource.ax - LAVVideo.ax - AC3Filter.ax (with LAV it gets async sooner or later).

I use video/audio A/B conditions and filter graph preset files (.fpg) for this. Unfortunately, these control mechanisms do NOT work, if the direct show filters have too high merit values! So i changed the merit values like this:

• DivX video and audio: "unlikely" 0x00400000
  • ffdshow audio and video: "Don't use" 0x00200000
  • FLVSplitter / MP4Splitter: "Normal" 0x00600000
  • LAVAudio / LAVVideo: "Unlikely" 0x00400000
  • LAVSplitter: "Don't use" 0x00200000
  • AC3Filter: "Unlikely" 0x0040000

Don't worry - even if you set a filter merit to "Don't use", it still gets used! But if you set a merit to "Normal" or higher, then some of the filters are always used, regardless of what you write in the .fgp files. It's kind of weird.

I also attached the .fgp files that i'm currently using.

With this configuration i am able to playback all video formats (live, file, streamed) on my windows 7 systems. Right now, i don't have Windows XP anymore, the only difference there was that i had to use the haali splitter for mp4 streaming - but now new MPC HC filters are available and i was not able to test them with XP.

Edit: I tried to write down all the current supported features of this plugin here at a glance:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46963-online-plugin/page__st__15__p__350477#entry350477

GraphPresets.zip

Edited by SnoopyDog

@-lahna: Which OSD Skin are you using? Does it support the online plugin.

I have tried xbox and default OSD. Does these support online plugin?

Where can I found the OSD Skin that supports online plugin?

Hi -lahna! The problem is, that the links in the podcast don't refer to videos which can be played back directly. The refer to websites with a proprietary embedded video player.

Maybe, i wrote it too complicated. For the online plugin, you need the following direct show filters:

Codecs, that DON'T work with online streaming - they will produce application hangs at playback start or playback end:

• LAVSplitter.ax
  • ffdshow.ax
  • Microsoft MS-DTV codecs

After you installed the required codecs, set the merit values of all codecs on your system and use filter preset files like i described it here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46963-online-plugin/page__view__findpost__p__374383

Edited by SnoopyDog

Kann mir das mal jemand in Deutsch erklären

habe das nach der Anleitung gemacht,trotzdem kommt immer die Meldung,kann Video nicht rendern.

I uploaded an update yesterday:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46963-online-plugin/page__view__findpost__p__350477

• YouTube playback is working again.
  • Vimeo playback is working again.
  • Yavido: Displaying the name of the current and next show in the playback status window
  • Fixed a bug for Laut.fm where only a few genre names were listed from time to time.

Shoutcast is still working by the way. If anyone of you is lucky to have a valid shoutcast key, you can enter it in the "online.ini" file under [Radio] => ShoutcastKey=

Codec-Guide for playing back video streams (system and graphic cards independent):

Basically, you can NOT use the popular LAV splitter for live streaming at the moment. There is an issue that it hangs at the end of video playback and you need to kill the DVBViewer with the task manager. I recommend using the latest versions of the MP4 and FLV spliter from the MPC HC codec pack. You can download it here: http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/downloads/

Codec chains that i use:

• mp4 streaming: MP4Spliter.ax - LAVVideo.ax (or DivXDecH264.ax) - LAVAudio.ax
  • flv streaming: FLVSplitter.ax - DivXDecH264.ax (you can also use LAVVideo.ax but i get stuttering for some flv files with it) - LAVAudio.ax
  • mp4 files: LAVSplitter.ax - LAVVideo.ax - LAVAudio.ax
  • flv files: see flv streaming.
  • m2ts/mpls: LAVSplitter.ax - ffdshow.ax (because of subtitle rendering) - LAVAudio.ax
  • Internet radio with aac+: DivXAudio (daax.ax). Be sure to untick the format option "aac" in LAVAudio! With LAVAudio, you won't hear anything!
  • Live tv: DVBSource.ax - LAVVideo.ax - AC3Filter.ax (with LAV it gets async sooner or later).

I use video/audio A/B conditions and filter graph preset files (.fpg) for this. Unfortunately, these control mechanisms do NOT work, if the direct show filters have too high merit values! So i changed the merit values like this:

• DivX video and audio: "unlikely" 0x00400000
  • ffdshow audio and video: "Don't use" 0x00200000
  • FLVSplitter / MP4Splitter: "Normal" 0x00600000
  • LAVAudio / LAVVideo: "Unlikely" 0x00400000
  • LAVSplitter: "Don't use" 0x00200000
  • AC3Filter: "Unlikely" 0x0040000

Don't worry - even if you set a filter merit to "Don't use", it still gets used! But if you set a merit to "Normal" or higher, then some of the filters are always used, regardless of what you write in the .fgp files. It's kind of weird.

I also attached the .fgp files that i'm currently using.

With this configuration i am able to playback all video formats (live, file, streamed) on my windows 7 systems. Right now, i don't have Windows XP anymore, the only difference there was that i had to use the haali splitter for mp4 streaming - but now new MPC HC filters are available and i was not able to test them with XP.

Edit: I tried to write down all the current supported features of this plugin here at a glance:

• 2 months later...

Hi, I need a litle help.

I am currently able to play vimeo files, but for some reason I am unable to play youtube streams. I succesfully registered flvsplitter, mp4splitter, lavaudio and lavvideo. Can anybody help me, which splitter, audio, and video codec should be used for youtube SD and HD streams? Another problem is the search capability, I can see search item with the first version of online.dll, with the last version this item disapears ... How can I search youtube or vimeo streams?

Thank you very much.

Momo