4.9.6.20 stops working

pruemmler

I used Transedit 3.8.6 to scan Galaxy 28 at 89.0 W.,the frequency was 4060 sysbol rate 29860. The scan found 2 channels service 1 and service 2. I selected all and added/updated the channels. I previewed both channels and they displayed correctly. I exited Transedit and started DVBViewer 4.9.6.20. I selected channel list,Galaxy 28, Video, Unknown, and service 1. A screen then appears that says DVBViewer Pro has stopped working at which point I have to close the program. DVBViewer does display the writing service 3851 in the black box just before it stops working. It takes about 4 seconds before it stops working.

1. TV card is and external DVBWorld 2104 usb DVB-S2 tuner

2. The mother board is an ASUS P8Z77-V with and intel Z77 express chip set

3. No graphics card as graphics is obtained from the mother board.

If I didn't include something that you need please tell me what it is. I have read the instructions numerous times.

Thank yousupport.zip

In order to pinpoint the problem set the Video PID in the Channellist Editor to 0, switch Channel -> Auto-Update Channel off (otherwise DVBViewer will immediately restore the Video PID), and tune the channel. Does it work with audio only?

Can you receive other channels with the DVBWorld card? Does it work?

Please launch DVBViewer via Start Menu > Programs > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode), reproduce the issue and attach another support.zip. It will contain a Debug.log.

The last line in the debug.log (before the whole thing crashes) is

Sending retune to USB 2104 DVB-S2 Tuner (1)

Try to disable Options -> Hardware -> Retune on missing stream after... by setting it to 0 for the DVBWorld device. Maybe it doesn't like to be retuned ;)

support.zip

I set the retune after value to zero and selected the audio only channel. No crash but also no sound. I selected the video channel (with audio) and DVBViewer crashed. I ran under debug mode. Support file is attached. The channels still preview with Transedit.

Edited by pruemmler

According to the Debug.log the first tune attempt fails, the second crashes, for whatever reason. Most likely a driver malfunction, but I can't see how and why it is triggered. What about a driver update? The installed DVBWorld driver is more than two years old:

DriverDate = 4/23/2010

The TransEdit and DVBViewer hardware settings seem to be identical, but better check it yourself. The relevant settings are

Stop stream while tuning (same in DVBViewer and TransEdit)

Direct tuning on (DVBViewer) = Use standard interface off (TransEdit)

Use internal Network Provider Filter (same in DVBViewer and TransEdit)

If there is an indirect interdependency with other DVBViewer features (e.g. the extensive usage of the graphic card's D3D hardware capabilities for the OSD and the custom video renderer) it will probably be hard to pinpoint. Anyway, you can try Settings -> OSD General -> Disable OSD, Direct X -> Use Custom Renderer off and DirectX -> Video Renderer -> System Refault Renderer to get closer to what TransEdit does. Restart DVBViewer after having applied these settings.

support.zip

This is a new machine. I downloaded the drivers last week from the DVBWorld site so I think they are the latest. I tried to make the changes you suggested but DVBViewer crashed when I pressed ok after the changes. Attached is the support zip from that crash. I ran in debug mode. I did get a message from windows that DVBViewer couldn't use Aero so I will try switching that off.

• 4 weeks later...

After waiting one month and not getting a reply to my last test, I guess there is no support for this problem. This leaves me with these options unless you have some other suggestions:

1. Get a new tuner card and hope that it works with DVBViewer.

2. Get some other viewing software that hopefully is supported.

3. Use Transedit to view my channels.

4. Install the 4.2.1.0 version of DVBViewer on the win7 computer and hope that it works as it worked on the vista computer.

I choose option 4 and installed DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 on the win7 computer and it is working. This tells me that your software upgrades to DVBViewer has rendered my USB 2104 DVB-S Tuner as not supported so I am stuck with the unsupported 4.2.1.0 version. Well support is not that great.

Don't blame the developers. You haven't provided something real for them to to work on.

You can try to follow these instructions, to find out where does it crash:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/49836-DVBViewer-crashes-because-of-tuner/page__view__findpost__p__368569

You may skip the Global Flags settings part. Or you could try enabling application verifier, to see if it catches anything. But first try without setting any Global Flags, except the Debugger.

You may also search the net for more info on how to debug an application (basic stuff).

To save some basic memory crash info, type at windbg's command line (change the path to suit you):

.dump /m c:\mini.dmp

Edited by highyield