Twin tuners Technisat Mantis & TBS 6981 BDA

stuboy

I have been using DVBViewer successfully for several years now with my Technisat skystar 2HD, however I have now come across the following problem which I can currently find no solution for:-

I just purchased a TBS 6981 dual tuner which is installed in the same machine as the Technisat. When all three tuner modules are enabled the Technisat refuses to work. I just get a blank screen.

The TBS tuners work as they should.

When I look at device status in Recordings- and Device statistics all three tuners say they are "normal"

If I disable the 2 TBS tuners i can then tune with the Technisat again.

My system is win 7 up to date, DVBViewer 5.0 with latest sat card drivers:-

TBS 2.0.1.6

Technisat 1.1.1.502 now quite old and can't find it on their web site anymore

Can anyone shed any light on the problem?

Regards

Stu

Hi,

I was facing a similar problem when I replaced my TT3200-S2 with the Mystique dual tuner.

You can read the solution advised by Derrick :

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/51993-DVBViewer-2-tuners/

You have to assign the channels of tuner # 1 to channel group A, Tuner # 2 to group B and so on.

The same in : Settings > Options > Hardware there you have to assign every device to the right group.

BTW : I find that when switching between the channels (not from the same group) I have to press "rebuild Graph" .

Hi There Rittberg Thanks for the reply. I have 3 tuners all on the same satellite so I can watch/ record several things at once.

I don't think I want to assign channels to groups else i wont be able to view all channels on all 3 tuners, or can I?

Regards

Stuart

Hi,

I don't see any other possibility to use in one PC 3 tuners without dividing the channels to groups and each group to assign to a tuner.

In my case without this procedure I was not able to use the 2 tuners.

Today, I am able to record from one tuner (connected to DiSEqC/LNB # 1) and to watch or record from the second tuner (connected to DiSEqC/LNB # 2).