ISDB-S tuner support (BDA and PBDA driver) PLEX-W3U3

hi all.

I recently bought a new ISDB-S tuner with BDA driver and want to use it in DVBViewer.

however the hardware scan could not detect it.

since DVBViewer supports ISDB-T, is there any chance to support this too? this could open a wide market in japan for DVBViewer. (they use something called TVTest now and this project is no longer updated)

thanks, if you do, I will test and upload captured ts if needed.

however the ts is scrambled. although I have the smartcard but I am not sure how can we use it.

however the ts is scrambled. although I have the smartcard but I am not sure how can we use it.

I doubt that DVBViewer provides support for decrypting it.

Anyway, you can try if the attached TransEdit test version is able to detect the device. It is a restricted version. Some features are missing. However, scanning will work if TransEdit provides the means for tuning ISDB-S transponders with your device. I don't know - we have no ISDB-S experience at all.

Store TransEdit_Test.exe in the DVBViewer installation folder (where DVBViewer.exe is). Launch it and check on Settings -> Hardware if your device has been detected. If yes, a transponder list for the satellite position that you want to receive is required. Select it on the left side of the main window. If there isn't a suitable transponder list, you will have to create it with File -> New List -> Satellite, then enter the transponder data. Please read the manual if there are questions, or ask here.

Edited by Griga
Attachment removed

Transedit test edition can detect the device, however as you can see in the image, the device name could not be displayed completely. (so I can not determine which 2 tuners are for ISDB-T and which 2 tuners are for ISDB-S)

however I did try to guess for a few attempts and try to "scan selected" but it says "initializing the dvb device has failed"

post-137337-0-31663400-1366629871_thumb.png

Sorry, I didn't notice you reply until now, because I was quite busy.

so I can not determine which 2 tuners are for ISDB-T and which 2 tuners are for ISDB-S

You can see it in the Tuner Type field at the right. Or open the file TransEdit.ini in the configuration folder (see TransEdit Info menu) and have a look at the [hardware] section. However, it doesn't matter because TransEdit will automatically select a matching device for the transponder list that is used for scanning.

initializing the dvb device has failed

There must be something special that is not compatible with the TransEdit approach. But we can try to find out what it is. Here I've attached another TransEdit test versions that creates a detailed log of the device initialization procedure. Launch the new test version, let it fail and close it. After that you will find a file TransEdit.txt in the configuration folder (see above). Attach it here.

Another thing that you can try: Untick the "Use internal Network Provider Filter" checkbox in the TransEdit Hardware Settings. Does it work?

I write things strange that I found.

1. 4 detected tuners are all listed as terrestrial by default, however 2 of them should be isdb-s and 2 of them are idsb-t

and they are named like 0,1,0,1 I can not telll which one is for isdb-s, maybe this has to be detected by the program.

2. if I selecte the type to satellite, the left pane displays "is dvb-s2 device" which should not belong to this isdb.. device

3. when I want to add a transponder I found the polarisation setting is a problem, the BS digital 110" is ku band and "R" but not V/H

4. when I click scan selected, the initialization failed but the log does not show any info.

however I still got some log, attached as below

TransEdit.txt

Edited by Griga
Log deleted and attached

Please don't paste such long logs, but attach them as file.

4 detected tuners are all listed as terrestrial

Obviously all tuners expose a KSNODE_BDA_ISDB_T_DEMODULATOR node, which is found first by TransEdit, so it doesn't consider KSNODE_BDA_ISDB_S_DEMODULATOR anymore. Maybe the tuners are hybrid, which means, they can do both. However, in this case separate tuner entries for each reception type should exist. I don't know how it is supposed to work.

if I selecte the type to satellite, the left pane displays "is dvb-s2 device" which should not belong to this isdb.. device

It is set by default for unknown DVB-S devices, that are not yet included in the hardware database.

when I want to add a transponder I found the polarisation setting is a problem, the BS digital 110" is ku band and "R" but not V/H

Shouldn't matter. Usually you can use vertical for left and horizontal for right (or the other way round, can't remember...).

when I click scan selected, the initialization failed but the log does not show any info.

Yes, I can see it. However, there is one event that is not covered by the log. Most likely TransEdit can't start the BDA filter graph, which means, the whole thing doesn't run. I have no clue why. Maybe technical specifications are needed to handle the tuners correctly. Does the vendor provide a SDK (Software Development Kit)?

I will think about the matter, and if a new idea comes up I will post it here.

thanks for trying to help

I can provide a virtual machine romote access with this tuner and signal attached for you to check, if that is a better way.

otherwise I think this device has no sdk.

just bda and pbda driver

I tried to contact the manufacturer, it is quite hard to fill the email formular while google translate does not handle it :) I suppose

お問い合わせいただき、誠にありがとうございます。
プレクスサポートチームです。

このメールは受付完了の自動送信メールでございます。

ただいまより、ご対応させていただく部署及び担当者の確定させていただきます。
担当者にて確認後、ご対応させていただきたいと思いますので、
今しばらくお時間をいただければと思います。

この電子メールにご返信いただければ、ご質問や問合せの詳細を追加していただく事が可能です。

よろしくお願い致します。

【プレクスサポートチーム】

means they received my letter :)

Christian

Here I've attached another TransEdit test version that logs the device detection. Maybe it can reveal more.

Additionally, when you try to tune a transponder, it logs if the BDA filter graph can be started or not.

Please delete the old TransEdit.txt, then launch the test version, click on Settings -> Hardware -> Detect Devices, and attach the log here as file.

Thanks. That's interesting:

03:37:26 Check HDTV_PX_W3U3 BDA Digital Tuner_0: 4
03:37:26 Read node descriptor: 0
03:37:26 Node GUID: {71985F4C-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0} //KSDATAFORMAT_TYPE_BDA_ANTENNA
03:37:26 Read node descriptor: 1
03:37:26 Node GUID: {FCEA3AE3-2CB2-464D-8F5D-305C0BB778A2} //KSNODE_BDA_ISDB_T_DEMODULATOR
03:37:26 Known tuner type: ISDB-T

It's the same for all tuners. Nothing more. No KSNODE_BDA_ISDB_S_DEMODULATOR node. So if the tuners are able to handle ISDB-S, switching over to it must be done in another way, maybe by passing a special modulation value to the driver, who knows?

However, there is no use in trying, as long as the following error appears (as suspected):

03:41:49 Start BDA filter graph
03:41:49 Failed to start BDA filter graph

which means, the IMediaControl.Run call fails. :iiam: