Two tuners don't let scheduled tuning and recording

When there are two tuners of the same type (e.g. Cable or Terrestrial) connected to PC at least and they are both available in DVBViewer Hardware, DVBViewer doesn't provide auto tuning in the selected TV service in Timer or EPG Scheduler and records zero-byte file. In the same time manual tuning via Channellist, viewing and recording work OK. Of course in the Settings - Options - Hardware the proper tuner is selected. Two tuners of different types (e.g. Cable and Terrestrial) don't interfere with normal work.

System: Windows 7x64.

The 290e is only sold for DVB-T/T2 use. Some Linux users say it has a DVB-C tuner, but it doesn't seem to be supported. Maybe its presence is confusing the hardware detection, but I don't think the 290e is a true hybrid device.

I have dual DVB-T tuners that work as they should, Two tuners of the same type should not be a problem.

Note that you can attach support files to posts in this forum - no need to use another site.

As one can see from my Support file, I have two tuners connected to my PC: DVB USB Box (CableStar USB HD CI Combo) and PCTV 290e (nanoStick T2). Both have two tuners inside: Cable and Terrestrial. Everything's OK if I delete Terrestrial in USB Box and Cable in 290e.

CableStar HD CI Combo has not two tuners! This one has only one tuner (tuner as tuning part), only the following components are processed either DVB-T or DVB-C

Thank you for your attention, but as the matter of fact there is the problem with the scheduled recording if I have these settings:

KzjlcTwG.jpg

and the problem isn't present after I delete two "tuners"

KzjlcTwI.jpg

The "second" tuners on each device can't be used together with the "first", as Tony states, but the application doesn't know this and detects both. These are not true "twin tuner" devices. Deleting one tuner on each will correct this error, as you have found.

See also this current thread.

Other users might be interested to know if the 290e actually works with Cable. It's not mentioned in the specifications. What happens if you delete the DVB-T tuner and leave the DVB-C, while re-connecting the source?

PCTV 290e tuner works with Cable perfectly!

Obviously the 290e contains a DVB-C/T2 hybrid tuner. We'll add the according flag in the hardware database, so DVBViewer will know in future that the two tuner entries exposed by the driver can't be used at the same time.

The CableStar HD CI Combo also contains a DVB-C/T hybrid tuner. However, in this case the hybrid flag is already present in the hardware database. Unfortunately the hardware.xml in vramor's support.zip doesn't contain all tuner entries, so I can't see if it worked as it should.

DVBViewer marks hybrid tuners by giving both tuner entries the same device number (see DeviceNr value in the file hardare.xml). So after device detection the two CableStar Combo entries should both have DeviceNr=1. Since there is no hybrid flag for the PCTV 290e yet, I'd expect the tuner entries to get DeviceNr=2 and DeviceNr=3, though both should get DeviceNr=2. You can try to fix it by editing the DeviceNr values in the file hardware.xml (while DVBViewer is closed). Please note that Options -> Hardware -> Scan Devices will restore the previous values as long as the hardware database is not updated.

However, I'm not sure if this fully explains the issue described by vramor. The two DVB-T tuners should be usable at the same time, provided the DVB-C part is not occupied and both devices are connected to a DVB-T antenna. AFAIK both only have a single antenna socket.

Usually multi-tuner setups work as they should. Maybe there is yet another kind of interference?

Obviously the 290e contains a DVB-C/T2 hybrid tuner. We'll add the according flag in the hardware database, so DVBViewer will know in future that the two tuner entries exposed by the driver can't be used at the same time.

Thank you!