Unable see recording service from Android & Pb under Windows

Dagostino

Hi all,

Recently i've re-installed Windows Seven and also last version of DVBViewer & Recording Service.

I can watch TV on my computer but that's become difficult when i begin to try the recording service.

Indeed i can't see the recording "device" from Android (whatever i use my tablet or my phone - both under Android) while that worked under the previous Windows installation.

Under previous installation i was using the old version of the recording service. It was easy : i had to turn off my devices from DVBViewer options and add a Unicast device. Now if i've well understood i don't have to it anymore but have to go to "About" menu then Rec Service Wizard.

=> Here, i have 3 recording services in the list. As per wiki this is due to IP which is not fixed. But my IP is fixed. Is it normal ?

=> Then, i've selected the first one which correspond to my computer IP Adress. I've tested the connection with sucess, clic on next and then i see a device called RTSP DVB-S2 (currently i don't use DVB-T so i've desactivated this device in hadware options). Under the list of devices there is a line called "Disable local DVB devices" but i don't know if i have to active this option or not.

As i want to watch TV on my computer or on my tablet i think i don't have to disable local device. Am-I correct?

=> At this time, image/sound stop and i am no more able to see TV and if i close DVBViewer the following message appears:Ein Aufruf einer Betriebssystemfunktion ist fehlgeschagen.

Aber ich verschtande nicht warum :'(

=> If i start DVBViewer agin image/sound work again. But not sure that previous step has been saved (if i'm going again into the wizard, fields are still empty).

=> At this Time the recording service is still not visible on Android :'(

Do have some ideas for me?

I've attached the support file. If you need further infromations please tell me.

Tks in advance!

dago

support.zip

Before you begin to try Android you have to get it working with record service on your PC first.

Have you set your TV card in DVBViewer in Options under Hardware to "do not use"

and set up unicast network device? also in options/hardware?

and set the card to "preferred" in Record service set-up under hardware?

have you tested connection in DVBviever Options/ Recordservice? does it work? normally IP is 127.0.0.1:8089

Disable all firewalls and virus protection while setting it up and testing it.

When it works on PC then mess around with your Androids, take a look here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/51730-direct-streaming-hd-live-tv-to-nexus-10/

Hi Krasno & thank you very much for your help !

I followed your reply and my pc works now.

I've removed in hardware options 2 hardware which has been created by wizard (1 Unicast and 1 RTSP). I've also set my TV card to "do not use".

In Recording Service i've also set the card to "prefered" (i/o "normal").

Now i can watch TV on DVBViewer with the recording service activated.

In Options/Rec Service test also works but i still have 3 servers avaiblables in the list:

dvba.png

Is it normal?

Now will check my firewall and Android's side.

Tks Tjod but i've read & followed the wiki several times but if i follow wiki instructions i have the following message when i close DVBViewer : Ein Aufruf einer Betriebssystemfunktion ist fehlgeschagen.

Regarding this part :

Select the Recording Service
Select the Recording Service from the drop-down list.
If one Recording Service appears multiple times. It is accessible via multiple IPs Than select a fix IP.

... as mentioned in my first post i already have a fixed IP but still have multiple items in the drop-down list :(

It is accessible via multiple IPs Than select a fix IP.

Select each entry and you will see that each gives you a different IP.

Indeed, the first one is my fixed IP:

dvb2.png

So i've selected this one and clic on the TEST button and obtain this screen:

dvb3.png

So that means that wizard found the rec service right?

In the last step of the wizard i have the following screen:

dvb3.png

As mentionned in my first post i don't use the DVB-T device, only the DVB-S device so it's normal to have only this one here.

Then, in Hardware / Options, i have :

dvb5.png

=> My 2 hardware devices / both as "Do not use"

=> One Unicast device / also as "Do not use"

=> One DVB-S2 RTSP device / as "Normal"

Is it normal to have a unicast device ? In the Wizard i only had a RTSP device mentionned.

With current settings i can't watch TV. Always NO SIGNAL :(

If i want to watch TV on my computer i have to change the Unicast device to "Normal" i/o "Do not use".

Is it normal too?

I am not sure.. I never tried rtsp, be course I never have found out precisely what it is.. and why I should use it.. ehhmm

On my pc I have only unicast set to "normal" or preferred, the cards must be set to "do not use" ( and the opposite in recordservice

I guess it's the same with rtsp, you can't use that at the same time as Unicast.

Do you know what rtsp is? if, then please tell me :)

I am not sure.. I never tried rtsp, be course I never have found out precisely what it is.. and why I should use it.. ehhmm

On my pc I have only unicast set to "normal" or preferred, the cards must be set to "do not use" ( and the opposite in recordservice

I guess it's the same with rtsp, you can't use that at the same time as Unicast.

Do you know what rtsp is? if, then please tell me :)

Honestly i don't know... I've discovered rtsp when i tried the Wizard to configure the Rec Service...

In my previous installation of windows i've followed the same way you mentioned (turn off real devices / add a Unicast device on DVBViewer and on the rec service just set as "normal" my real device) and that worked fine.

Anyway if i use my previous setting (unicast device / no rtsp device) i still can't see anything from Android. I've tried to re-install the Rec Service in order to be sure that the option to open my firewall (windows firewall) was well activated and it's well the case.

Something strange is that i've tried another software (not DVB) which allow the sharing of some folders (videos/pics) from my computer to my internet box and with this software i can see my folders from Android.

Important update :P

I've turned off Windows Firewall... taken my tablet and immediately the Rec Service appeared !!

So i've found the guilty :fear:.

Honestly i don't know... I've discovered rtsp when i tried the Wizard to configure the Rec Service...

In my previous installation of windows i've followed the same way you mentioned (turn off real devices / add a Unicast device on DVBViewer and on the rec service just set as "normal" my real device) and that worked fine.

Anyway if i use my previous setting (unicast device / no rtsp device) i still can't see anything from Android. I've tried to re-install the Rec Service in order to be sure that the option to open my firewall (windows firewall) was well activated and it's well the case.

Something strange is that i've tried another software (not DVB) which allow the sharing of some folders (videos/pics) from my computer to my internet box and with this software i can see my folders from Android.

I think I read somewhere that if you use rtsp you can't use unicast, but I am not sure..

but maybe one day someone can clearify what rtsp is,.. I have googled it but that dosen't make me more clever..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time_Streaming_Protocol

The new SAT>IP standard (satellite signal distribution over a home network) is based on RTSP - one reason why it got implemented. The Recording Service is able to work as a SAT>IP server. RS extensions to the standard allow the distribution of other reception types (DVB-T/C, ATSC).

Of course DVBViewer can be used as RTSP resp. SAT>IP client - not necessarily with the RS as server - as well as TransEdit 4.0 Beta (no Unicast support). DVBViewer GE will follow...

Tks Griga for your explanations :)

For the moment i will stay with Unicast as i think it's more than enough for me and mainly this one works on my PC.

Anyway i have a problem with my firewall (windows seven firewall).

If i turn it off i can see the rec service from Android devices.

Here are the tasks i've just tried :

=> Removed all occurence of DVBViewer and Recording Service from Windows firewall

=> Have turned off the recording service and exit the program.

=> Started DVBViewer and a popup asked me if i accept than DVBViewer work through firewall => i've approved!

=> Have run again the recording service (service control) but no popup from firewall :'(

=> Have stopped and left rec service one more time.

=> Have uninstalled the rec service and run a registry clean up (using glary utilities).

=> Have reinstalled the rec service and during installation i've selected the option "open firewall for the rec service".

=> Rec service started but still not visible from outside :'(

As far as i remember i never had to go into the firewall to make DVBViewer and/or Rec service working.

Any ideas for me?

Tks

Here every now and then a firewall warning popped up when I started to play with RTSP. Under Windows XP and Windows 7. Telling the firewall explicitely (with admin rights) that the applications are allowed to lurk around in my network stopped the hassle.

However, one should be cautious with Windows XP when the warning shows up. Just allowing network access also opens the door to the internet! It has to be configured in the network resp. connection properties.

As far as I can see a special SAT>IP LNB is needed, if to distribute the signal, am I right?

Not necessarily. Any kind of compliant server will do, e.g. conventional outdoor equipment and a PC with several DVB tuners and the RS running on it. A LNB with built-in server is a quite compact solution, though.

Not necessarily. Any kind of compliant server will do, e.g. conventional outdoor equipment and a PC with several DVB tuners and the RS running on it. A LNB with built-in server is a quite compact solution, though.

A dvb tuner per channel is that what you mean?

A dvb tuner per channel is that what you mean?

One DVB tuner per (potential) client guarantees conflict-free operation.

The RS is able to supply more clients than there are tuners, but this mode of operation requires that at least two clients are receiving channels that are located on the same transponder resp. in the same data stream (not necessarily the same channel). Conflicts are inevitable if one of the clients tries to switch over to a channel on a transponder that is not yet received by other clients. In this case a client will be forced to switch over to an unwanted channel or to stop playback.

One DVB tuner per (potential) client guarantees conflict-free operation.

The RS is able to supply more clients than there are tuners, but this mode of operation requires that at least two clients are receiving channels that are located on the same transponder resp. in the same data stream (not necessarily the same channel). Conflicts are inevitable if one of the clients tries to switch over to a channel on a transponder that is not yet received by other clients. In this case a client will be forced to switch over to an unwanted channel or to stop playback.

sounds interresting, but many tuners needed, do you have any comments to the problem I write about here? http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/52589-stream-from-record-service-to-tv/?p=388707

it is about what we discuss here, but one tuner and only changing channel on a TV or PC not at same time!! Tv with dlna. I have uploaded svcdebug.log in last post.

I mean you are the super expert :)