DVBViewer Pro 5.6.1 Favorites - does nothing

HunsakerEastIdaho

For DVBViewer Pro 5.6.1, from either the menu bar -> Favorites menu or from the right-click -> Favorites menu, selecting any of the channels results in absolutely nothing. From the Channel Edit menu -> Favorites menu, however, selecting any of the channels results in DVBViewer tuning the selected channel. Even when the Favorites.xml file is deleted and DVBViewer creates a new one, DVBViewer still does nothing when a channel is selected from a "created from scratch" Favorites menu. (The Favorites menu of course works correctly under DVBViewer Pro 5.5.2.)

No idea how this can happen. I can't reproduce it, and I never heard of this issue before.

Even when the Favorites.xml file is deleted and DVBViewer creates a new one, DVBViewer still does nothing when a channel is selected from a "created from scratch" Favorites menu.

DVBViewer doesn't create a new one. It just loads the favourites.bak file, which is a copy of the (previous) favourites.xml. It would be more interesting to see what happens after closing DVBViewer, removing the favourites.xml and favourites.bak from the configuration folder (see Help Menu in DVBViewer), restarting DVBViewer and recreating some of the favourites manually in the editor, e.g. by using drag & drop from the channel list.

Does Favourite +/- work (red arrow buttons in the tool bar)? You can also try channel list -> right-click -> Filter -> Only Favourites. Does it work?

It turns out this was 100% my own fault. A number of years ago I started writing a plugin. (A number of non-related things have come up since then, and I have never gotten back to further development of the plugin.) There was one part of that plugin that I knew wasn't quite right, but DVBViewer was not adversely affected, and enough years have passed that I had forgotten about this. When I take my incomplete plugin out, everything works correctly. If I add another plugin I also started creating some years ago, everything still work correctly. If I put the errant plugin back in, the problem comes back. The bottom line is I hadn't done enough homework before creating this post. Thank you for an excellent product!