DVBViewer V5.6.2 Channel Change Slow

Hi,

I upgraded to DVD Viewer Pro V5.6.2 and noticed the following:

-starting the application was slower

-changing from H.264 to MPEG2 channels (or vice versa) caused a huge slow down (10-30 secs or more).

This was experienced on multiple pcs (2 x laptops, 2 x desktops) all running the latest Win 10 X64.

I reinstalled V5.5.2 and everything is fast again, including startup and changing channels from h264 to mpeg2 takes approx 1-2 secs.

I am using the latest LAV filters 0.68.1 (i;ve tried older versions but it didn't make any difference). Different video cards on each PC from AMD to Intel. All have the same issue with V5.6.2, I have both local DVBT and DVBS2 (motorized) setups.

Has anyone else experience this issue?

BTW I think DVD Viewer Pro is a really great application and I use is daily.

Regards,

Brandon

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Since for me there were many other changes at the same time, i.e switched PC (to a much faster one, though), switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10, switched from Cyberlink Decoders to LAV Filter, switched from DVBViewer 5.5.2. to DVBViewer 5.6.2, I wasn't able to pin the issue exactly.

There's a few bit of software having this problem lately another being VideoReDo which takes forever to load unless it's added to the exclusion list

Thanks for the tip.

I have run a Windows defender definitions update, reinstalled 5.6.2 and its all good now!!

I would never of thought it was that as it provides no indication on what its doing.

Edited by backer

If you had opened task manager and looked at process list you would have seen that cpu usage goes high for windows defender when you switch channels in DVBViewer etc.