How to scan Satellite Channels

Kiwi_Tim

Hi,

I've been using DVBViewer for many years now. I'm not that technically proficient with it, but I have enough skills to use it with DVB-T, DVB-S services and am using it with 4 different satellite dishes.Since the last two releases I don't seem to be able to scan for satellite transponders. In the earlier versions of DVBViewer you could manually select the hardware device, input individual transponder frequencies and SRs. There seemed to be lots of options to manually configure that seemed fairly straight forward and intuitive. Now, I am totally confused. Has someone created a step-by-step tutorial on how to do a channel scan? I am using Recording Service with DVBViewer and moved my config folder over from an earlier install. Everything works except doing satellite channel scans. I keep getting "no hardware", but viewing the existing satellite channels works fine, so obviously DVBViewer has no problem accessing the virtual tuners from the Recording Service.

Many thanks for your advice,

Tim

New Zealand

support.zip

Has someone created a step-by-step tutorial on how to do a channel scan?

Clicking the [?] button in the channel editor should direct you to the wiki page that has been updated lately.

P.S.

Everything works except doing satellite channel scans. I keep getting "no hardware"

None of your DVB-S network devices is configured for handling channel group A which is the default on the Channel Search page. So I guess you need to select the appropriate channel group for the satellite position / dish / hardware that you want to receive / use.

Edited by Griga

I got it sorted, after some slow learning! So I created/edited transponders in Transedit and then scan in DVBV. What confused me in Transedit is that it would only scan if the tuner hardware was in the Group A category. I have 4 different tuners and have my channels sorted by channel groups that exclusively work with the tuner assigned to that particular group. So if I want to scan with hardware that is not assigned to group A, transedit won't do it for me by default. Nevermind, I've got it done with some messing about. I preferred the old system, but that probably shows my age!

My next question is where has the Favorites Editor Gone. I can't see it. Is there some way to edit favorites in DVBV 5.6.4.0?

Many thanks for your advice,

Tim

What confused me in Transedit is that it would only scan if the tuner hardware was in the Group A category.

Please note that TransEdit allows to assign a channel group to a transponder list: Right-click the list in question on the left side of the TransEdit main window -> select "Set Group" in the context menu. The default is group A (that's what you have encountered, I guess).

The transponder list group determines which hardware is used for scanning and which group is assigned to the scan results (the latter can be changed in the Export Settings section of the scanner window).