Windows 10

hackbart

I got a couple of mails about this problem today https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41309cf3-2ca5-4b75-9d3f-3cc9ebba8ac0/windows-media-foundation-bug-in-cumulative-update-kb3216755-windows-10?forum=mediafoundationdevelopment

There seems to be a bug with a few windows components which cause a crash while tuning a channel. In all cases so far the used decoder was the Microsoft DTV Filter. 

If you have the same problem, just install the LAV Filters (or any other third party filter) and use them instead. To avoid crashes at start, try to start the DVBViewer with parameter -c or in safe mode (see start menu -> DVBViewer), open the DirectX Decoder Options and deselect the Microsoft decoder wherever it is selected.

Christian

• Like 4

I had Cyberlink PDVD12 decoder enabled for h.264 which also caused the crash. Swapped to LAV and that worked.

Thanks for the heads up.

C.

Edited by Cian

There is no need for a configuration. Please make sure that you selected the decoder under Video A and B options in order to avoid that an other decoder is used instead.

...and Windows 10 has reinstalled the updates so DVBViewer has stopped again.

I have rechecked and can see LAV everywhere I have looked and cannot see any references to Microsoft. The only non-LAV product I can see is 'Video Renderer' which is set to 'EVR Custom Video Renderer'.

Do the attached screenshots provide any clues?

I am running DVBViewer on a Hauppauge WinTV 88x (DVB-S2+IR) card if that is relevant?

Screenshot 2017-03-18 16.44.36.png

Screenshot 2017-03-18 16.44.18.png

Screenshot 2017-03-18 16.44.24.png

Screenshot 2017-03-18 16.44.32.png