DVBViewer media server for linux and NAS

n3o

Hi, there's a change to do a DVBViewer media server for linux and nas system such as qnap, synology ecc? usually nas device have usb port available, so can be useful make a version of DVBViewer media server available to that platform

vor 13 Minuten schrieb n3o:

Hi, there's a change to do a DVBViewer media server for linux and nas system such as qnap, synology ecc?

No. We don't have resources for that.

However, it may be possible to run the Media Server under Wine with a Sat>IP server as DVB data source. More about it here.

in dvb media server basic , I have 3 sections: webserver (port 8089, 8088), server stream (port 7522) and server media stream (port 8090). webserver mode is a sat>ip on http protocol instead udp? and what are the other 2 section?

vor 22 Stunden schrieb n3o:

webserver mode is a sat>ip on http protocol instead udp?

No. Sat>IP is using the RTSP server part. The servers mentioned by you are intended for other purpose:

Web Server: Delivers the web interfaces, live streams and files as HTTP. This multi-purpose server is the only one that can be protected by a password for using it via the internet.

Live Stream Server: Only delivers live streams (TV/Radio) as HTTP in a home network, particularly for serving UPnP requests. Should never be used via the internet.

Media Stream Server: Only delivers media files as HTTP in a home network, particularly for serving UPnP requests. Should never be used via the internet.

On 3/21/2022 at 10:38 AM, Griga said:

No. Sat>IP is using the RTSP server part. The servers mentioned by you are intended for other purpose:

Web Server: Delivers the web interfaces, live streams and files as HTTP. This multi-purpose server is the only one that can be protected by a password for using it via the internet.

Live Stream Server: Only delivers live streams (TV/Radio) as HTTP in a home network, particularly for serving UPnP requests. Should never be used via the internet.

Media Stream Server: Only delivers media files as HTTP in a home network, particularly for serving UPnP requests. Should never be used via the internet.

ok, with dvb mediaserver (web server mode) I can get on client the same data (multi tracks audio, teletext, epg, dvb subtitles) as I get when I link DVBViewer pro client to tuner? video quality into media server is the same as I use DVBViewer or are made changes?

vor 16 Stunden schrieb n3o:

with dvb mediaserver (web server mode) I can get on client the same data (multi tracks audio, teletext, epg, dvb subtitles) as I get when I link DVBViewer pro client to tuner?

Basically yes. However, there is an important difference: A RTSP Sat>IP client can request any data from the server that it needs/wants and change it dynamically on the fly. For example, it can request another audio track or subtitles on demand, when the user selects it.

A HTTP stream client uses a static URL. It gets the data that is specified by server settings and cannot change it. Including additional audio tracks or any other data must be configured in the server before the stream starts. From the client's point of view, Sat>IP is much more flexible.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb n3o:

video quality into media server is the same as I use DVBViewer or are made changes?

It's your choice. You can get the original DVB stream (with original quality) from the server, or a trancoded stream with a (selectable) data rate and video quality. Transcoding is mandatoy if the client (e.g. a browser) can't play the original DVB transport stream.

ok, if I want see channel from dvb media server on another pc in the lan with same quality as if use DVBViewer pro on the pc with tuner (so native quality, without transcoding, with epg, teletext and all audio source) and want use tcp data layer what option should I choose?

if I install DVBViewer media pro in the other pc from the server with tuner, media server wizard don't find receiver into network but if I in options set ip,port, user and password it's can link to dvb media server when try connection... how fix it?

vor 14 Stunden schrieb n3o:

if I want see channel from dvb media server on another pc in the lan with same quality as if use DVBViewer pro on the pc with tuner (so native quality, without transcoding, with epg, teletext and all audio source) and want use tcp data layer what option should I choose?

DVBViewer as Sat>IP client with protocol set to TCP: Options -> Hardware -> select RTSP Network Device  - click Settings -> select TCP as protocol -> OK. Repeat this for each RTSP Network Device that connects DVBViewer to the Media Server. Finally click Apply in the Options Window.

Please note that TCP as protocol for TV/Radio data delivery within the Sat>IP/RTSP framework only works with the DVBViewer Media Server and DVBViewer as client, not with other servers and clients.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb n3o:

if I install DVBViewer media pro in the other pc from the server with tuner, media server wizard don't find receiver into network but if I in options set ip,port, user and password it's can link to dvb media server when try connection... how fix it?

The automatic Sat>IP server detection is based on UPnP mechanisms. If it doesn't work, it may be due to a network-related problem, e.g. firewall restrictions, blocking in the router and similar things. Your question can't be answered without knowing more details about your network.

1 hour ago, Griga said:

DVBViewer as Sat>IP client with protocol set to TCP: Options -> Hardware -> select RTSP Network Device  - click Settings -> select TCP as protocol -> OK. Repeat this for each RTSP Network Device that connects DVBViewer to the Media Server. Finally click Apply in the Options Window.

Please note that TCP as protocol for TV/Radio data delivery within the Sat>IP/RTSP framework only works with the DVBViewer Media Server and DVBViewer as client, not with other servers and clients.

The automatic Sat>IP server detection is based on UPnP mechanisms. If it doesn't work, it may be due to a network-related problem, e.g. firewall restrictions, blocking in the router and similar things. Your question can't be answered without knowing more details about your network.

ok, DVBViewer works with minisatip ? https://github.com/catalinii/minisatip

only for detection it's necessary use UPnP? it's possible edit config.xml, add settings e use SAT>IP without detection every time DVBViewer is runned?

vor 19 Stunden schrieb n3o:

DVBViewer works with minisatip ?

Search with Google for site:dvbviewer.tv minisatip. Or just try. I have never used minisatip and I don't want to spend time for things that you can find out yourself.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb n3o:

t's possible edit config.xml, add settings e use SAT>IP without detection every time DVBViewer is runned?

No need to do that. DVBViewer doesn't try to detect the server automatically when it is started, if it already knows the server IP address. Entering it once manually is sufficient in this case. There are two places where you have to do it: Options -> DVBViewer Media Server and Options -Hardware -> Add an RTSP (Sat>IP) Network Device -> enter the server address in the Settings Dialog that pops up (port 554 is standard for RTSP) -> OK -> Apply in the Options Window.