Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'webapp'.
Hello, I am trying to stream to Android using VinoRosso's Webapp. First of all, it's a great tool and I am sure my problem has nothing to do with this app. My problem is that streaming on my home lan is working 100% using the Webapp on Android and transcoded ffmpeg streaming, but over the internet the max data rate which can be achieved is around 2 mbits, so the 1.5 mbits ffmpeg preset works fine but the 2 mbits preset doesnt and ends up in heavy stuttering. My upload bandwidth is 5 mbits and no matter how I test it on the Recording Service machine I always reach these 5 mbits (speedtests, file transfers etc.). I am still in the process of testing, but so far my results are: Streaming to webapp on Android - 2 mbits max - tested on a Galaxy S2 + two different S3, and a Nexus 7 (2012) using MXplayer, BSplayer, Vplayer, VLC, Dice Player. All other speedtests on these devices give me roughly 20 mbits. Streaming to browser with flow player on an old Windows XP Laptop - 5 mbits max - the way it should be. I have tried to eliminate all the known bottlenecks on the Recording Service side, like turning off Antivirus and Firewall, tried 2 different routers, various ffmpeg builds. And now I am running out of ideas...