iMON/Media Lab VFD/LCD Plugin

markymark

At first thanks a lot for this plugin! It's just great. :idiot:

Still I have one problem with plugin. I think mostly because I don't understand german, so I would be glad if someone who can could help me.

Is there any setting that would disable disk space monitoring? Is it possible that VFD shows just DVBViewer information?

I think quite a many users could use translation for plugin settings (prefer english). It's not even necessary that translation is exactly corret I just don't understand any of settings... :idiot:

Cheers

marttil7

you should enable in iMon Manager that 3rd party applications use iMon. It's somewhere in the options. Then the iMon Manager software won't show anything on the vfd and the plugin can handle it completely.

Der letzte Link auf Seite 3 ging bei mir Problemlos.

Allerdings bekomme ich das PlugIn nicht zum Laufen.

IMONPlugin.exe und SG_VFD.dll

Beide Dateien hab ich ins DVBViewer/Plugin Verzeichnis kopiert. Die IMONPlugin.exe kann ich auch starten und sie erkennt auch das iMON VFD laut PlugIn Anzeige (allerdings nur wenn der iMON-Manager vorher beendet wird oder auf Third-Party-Programme eingestellt wird).

Auf dem VFD meines Silverstone GD01MX bekomme ich allerdings nichts angezeigt. In der Software IMONPlugin.exe sehe ich den Programmnamen etc. auf dem "Simulierten VFD. Habs auch schon mit und ohne der Third-Party-Software-Einstellung im iMON-Manager versucht. Leider immer ohne Erfolg.

Kann vielleicht jemand ne detailierte Anleitung posten bzw. mir bei dem Problem weiter helfen ?

Grüße

Markus

At first thanks a lot for this plugin! It's just great. :)

Still I have one problem with plugin. I think mostly because I don't understand german, so I would be glad if someone who can could help me.

Is there any setting that would disable disk space monitoring? Is it possible that VFD shows just DVBViewer information?

I think quite a many users could use translation for plugin settings (prefer english). It's not even necessary that translation is exactly corret I just don't understand any of settings... :D

Cheers

marttil7

Just set "Anzeigeschwellwert" to zero. it is the threshold for displaying the warning (given in true gigabytes).

Edited by markymark
Hi,

theres a problem with the font-encoding on my iMon, too.

If I select 'Anzeigetest' in your plugin, the displayed chars do not match the ones actually shown on the iMon display.

For example, if 'Zeige Zeichen ab Code 64' is selected, your plugin shows a '\' in the lower row, 4th element from the right, but the iMon display shows an '¥'.

The VFD-Test Plugin from Lars works without font-encoding problems, so maybe you could take a look at his code to find out where the difference is.

cheers,

Thorsten

HI,

can you (or someone else) please compare that to the charset shown on

http://www.noritake-itron.com/SubPages/App...sE/vfmodapn.htm

to check if THAT is the charset employed by the display? That would be pretty helpful :)

EDIT: Updated files (localization files where missing)

-- NEW RELEASE 0.90 ---

This new release adds

- support for CU-U Charset VFDs (experimental, please check and report)

- support for localization (english and german included)

WBR

MarkyMark

imonplugin_090b.zip

Edited by markymark
Hi

I got an iMON OEM LCD installed in my Silverstone Grandia.

The plugin says "Kein IMON VFD gefunden", it cannot find an IMON :wacko: .

Sorry, this plugin currently only supports the iMON VFD display, but NOT the new iMON LCD. However, this may change in the future given that someone posted here some information that seems to be sufficient to support ist. Still, I will not buy the display because I already own 3 (!) iMON VFDs and my wife is going to kill me if I buy another :) Thus, support for the new display will be added rather slowly (if at all).

first i wanna thank you for this wonderful plugin which (almost) does everything i need my vfd for...

my only question is wether you could add an option to display date/time in standby mode..

thank you..

first i wanna thank you for this wonderful plugin which (almost) does everything i need my vfd for...

my only question is wether you could add an option to display date/time in standby mode..

thank you..

Once I figure out how to do that ill do so :wacko:

-- NEW RELEASE 0.90 ---

This new release adds

WBR

MarkyMark

Looks good! In "debug" mode, not all charactes of the charmap seem to display corrtectly, but the ones needed for the german Umlaute do!

cheers,

Thorsten

Looks good! In "debug" mode, not all charactes of the charmap seem to display corrtectly, but the ones needed for the german Umlaute do!

cheers,

Thorsten

I only mapped the chars below 128 and umlauts so far. The CU-U charset does not support all high-ANSI chars anyway, e.g., a with one of the accents is missing.

I only mapped the chars below 128 and umlauts so far. The CU-U charset does not support all high-ANSI chars anyway, e.g., a with one of the accents is missing.

That's what I've conceived :-)

So thanks again for your work!

cheers,

Thorsten

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo,

ich hab auch ein Grandia Gehäuse und bei mir gehts auch nicht. Liegt das Vielleicht an der Version der iMon Software? Welche könnte man mal testen??

Grüße

Jan

@jascdvb

Please in english. For german posts use the german thread!

Oops sorry, I didnt pay attention because there were other German threads

I also have a Grandia case with the OEM iMon Display (USB). The plugin says it found an iMon but nothing is displayed regardless if the iMon software is started in plugin mode or not

Maybe its the software version.

Which software version would you recommend for a test and where to download?

Regards

Jan

• 1 month later...

heyho guys

today i got my Silverstone Grandia SST-GD01S-MXR Case with an Imon VFD and installed the Plugin but it says "Kein IMON VFD gefunden" anyone could help me to fix this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

-- NEW RELEASE 0.90 ---

This new release adds

WBR

MarkyMark

Hi,

Thanks for a great app.

Small typo in English.lng

MSG_IMONFound="IMON VFD found

should be:

MSG_IMONFound="IMON VFD found"

• 2 weeks later...
Hello.

Some user customizable texts would be great. An input field where we can set own text or strings from DVBV itself would make your little prog. much more powerful.

Something like that: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=22623

Any intentions to expand your prog. this way?

Regards.

QB_JACK

Indeed. However, that is about to come MUCH later :)

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Here is lng file for Finnish users. Suomi.zip

Kapa

Great! Nice work!

I could include it in the next version if you could update the text to fit with version 0.96 (see german plugin thread for the download). :)

• 2 weeks later...
you should enable in iMon Manager that 3rd party applications use iMon. It's somewhere in the options. Then the iMon Manager software won't show anything on the vfd and the plugin can handle it completely.

Hi, I have SilverStone LC16M case with iMON VFD.

I downloaded the 0.96 version and then I checked the "3rd party" option in iMON Manager. There is a warning there saying that by checking this option iMON might not work properly ;)

Anyway, I started the IMONPlugin.exe and it confirmed that iMON VFD was found - so far so good.

I have 2 problems however:

1. My VFD displays current date & time even if "3rd party" option in iMON Manager is checked (it displays it even after PC is shutdown!). As a consequence, the texts from DVBViewer are always overwritten by this date & time.

Whenever I switch channel in DVBViewer I can see its name on the VFD for a fraction of a second (i.e. the IMONPlugin.exe seems to work just fine) - and then it is gone and I see the running date & time again ;)

Any ideas how to get rid of this date&time stuff?

2. By switching the "3rd party" option in iMON Manager my iMON remote control stopped working. Does this option swtich off the RC receiver as well?

Is it possible to have both the RC and this plugin functional simultaneously? Or is it one or the other?

Thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

-- NEW RELEASE 0.90 ---

This new release adds

WBR

MarkyMark

I have Vista 32bits SP1 and this plugin works well until PC is suspended... When it resumes, VFD remains blocked showing only the Standby text...any DVBViewer information is showed.

Help please.

support_2_.zip

Edited by ramonchin
I have Vista 32bits SP1 and this plugin works well until PC is suspended... When it resumes, VFD remains blocked showing only the Standby text...any DVBViewer information is showed.

Help please.

Please try the 0.97d version posted in the german thread.

It should fix this issue, but MAY render the remote control useless.

Just tell if it works :)

Please try the 0.97d version posted in the german thread.

It should fix this issue, but MAY render the remote control useless.

Just tell if it works :idiot:

Now it's working, thanks

Very nice plugin, I finally get usefull information in the LCD display of my HD160+, thanks a lot ;) !

One small issue, the norwegian characters Øø (0x88 and 0x89 in the display character set table) are displayed as O and o on the display. Other norwegian characters such as Ææ and Åå looks ok. Displays ok in the Plugin Viewer.

Regards

DolKbg

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice plugin, I finally get usefull information in the LCD display of my HD160+, thanks a lot ;) !

One small issue, the norwegian characters Øø (0x88 and 0x89 in the display character set table) are displayed as O and o on the display. Other norwegian characters such as Ææ and Åå looks ok. Displays ok in the Plugin Viewer.

Regards

DolKbg

could you check if these characters are correct in your "Terminal" font?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you VM!!

I'm using your plugin with Imon Ultra Bay...it works great!

Just a question. Is it possible trought API programming to increase the LCD brightness? The contrast slide doesn't help.

It's a good LCD but brightness is really awful. I can't read it from 2 meters.

• 2 weeks later...
could you check if these characters are correct in your "Terminal" font?

Had some difficulties finding the Terminal font. Tried different applications but ended up with Notepad :blush: . And the answer is no, but that goes for all national specific characters, not only Øø.

Thanks and regards

DolKbg

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Plugin work fine for me under Antec Black fusion LCD.

Nice plugin. :angry:

Regards...

French.lng version 0.98

[TMainForm]
MainForm_FontName="Tahoma"
MainForm_FontSize=8
MainForm_FontCharset=1
TabGeneral_Caption="Général"
TabLCD_Caption="iMON LCD"
TabVFD_Caption="iMON VFD"
TabStaticText_Caption="Affichage"
TabDiskspaceMonitor_Caption="Moniteur d'espace disque"