iMON/Media Lab VFD/LCD Plugin

markymark

This plugin allows using the iMON LCD and iMON VFD displays with DVBViewer.

To use this plugin, just store it anywhere and run the .exe. In the iMON software, FrontView must be set to "never".

Tip: You may want to throw a link to the .exe into the Autostart folder to run the plugin when windows starts.

!!!! Make sure you set the right display type (requires restarting the plugin).

- The VFD is a is a nicely readable 2x16 character display that is for example used in the Thermaltake Mozart cases

- The LCD is a barely readable piece of junk with some symbols and a monochrome graphics area that is for example used in the Thermaltake DH101 cases

History

Version 1.00 (2008-12-21)

NEW Support for different LCD fonts

FIX FVD encoding has not been applied after program start

UPD Updated suomi language file from forum

Version 0.99 (2008-08-25)

NEW Included french language file (thanks to sosi)

NEW Included finnish (suomi) language file (thanks to kapa)

CHG An older version of the interface DLL is now loaded for VFDs which is now the same version as in 0.90b. This should enable the remote to work properly for some VFD users

Version 0.98 (2008-05-12)

FIX Icons inactive on LCD under certain circumstances (Bug introduced in 0.97d)

Version 0.97d (2008-05-07)

CHG LCDs with ID=$1B are now (de)activared using the $88000000000000xx commands

FIX Display froze after on or after standby under certain circumstances

Download

Verison 1.00

Version 0.99

Version 0.98

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/17584-imon-vfdlcd-plugin/

Edited by Tjod
  • Like 1
Hi,

I just created a plugin to display status information from DVBViewer 3.2.9+ on an iMON VFD.  Feedback is appreciated!

Regards,

MM

PS: Thermaltake Media Lab is in fact the same VFD and works as well.

PPS: YOU MUST SET THE iMON SOFTWARE TO "PLUGIN" MODE IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS WORKING!!!!!!

Sorry, upload doesnt work, so I have to find another way ...

Hi,

I just created a plugin to display status information from DVBViewer 3.2.9+ on an iMON VFD.  Feedback is appreciated!

Regards,

MM

PPS: YOU MUST SET THE iMON SOFTWARE TO "PLUGIN" MODE IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS WORKING!!!!!!

Okay, here you got it:

Download

Edited by markymark
Very nice, unfortunatly the german umlaute (äöü) are not displayed correctly... >_<

Hmmm ... on the VFD or in the window? For the window, I am aware of this issue. I just checked:

"Alarm für Cobra 11" and "4 Flügel ..." are fine on the VFD.

I got a Thermaltake MediaLab 2x16 VFD ... throught theyre all the same ...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Regards,

MM

Okay, here you got it:

Download

Leider ist der Link defekt für die Datei imonplugin_010.zip

Hi,

Regards,

MM

Okay, here you got it:

Download

heute ging der link...werd es morgen gleich mal testen und berichten

Hi,

Regards,

MM

Okay, here you got it:

Download

heute ging der link...werd es morgen gleich mal testen und berichten

Habs ja auch still und heimlich repariert ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Many thanks for the tool - but on my (new) imon-vfd display is no information from the DVBViewer showed. I set the imon-Display software to "plugin"-mode; the only response on the display is "plugin mode".

I would appreciate if someone could give a short description how to use the tool (english or german).

Thank you.

Maxx

Hi,

Many thanks for the tool - but on my (new) imon-vfd display is no information from the DVBViewer showed. I set the imon-Display software to "plugin"-mode; the only response on the display is "plugin mode".

I would appreciate if someone could give a short description how to use the tool (english or german).

Thank you.

Maxx

Did you launch the .exe manually? (you have to do so!!!!) A new tray icon should show up ... clicking it should show you the same content as the VFD ...

• 3 weeks later...

Superkalifragelistigexpialigorisch

It works just wonderfull. Now I finaly can use DVBViewer not only for applications like TV, DVD and Video-file but also for CD and MP3 without monitor.

Here my impertinet wishlist:

What about a standby text like the original iMON option?

What about a remotecontrol status display, so I have a feedback, which function i have send via RC? (there is a RC_SG.dll in nthe soundgraph/imon folder)

PS:

I think, Your iMon Plugin is worth to be placed in the member area for download

Edited by prontoman

Important information

You dont have to switch the iMon VFD to Plug-in mode. You only have to stop this service by rightclick in the tray icon and stop it. Markymarks plugin works without any iMon VFD.exe

You only have to put the IMONPlugin.exe and SG_VFD.dll to any place on Your harddisk and dubbleclick on tne exe. You dont have to put it into the DVBViewer plugin folder.

Great work

:)

• 3 months later...
Important information

You dont have to switch the iMon VFD to Plug-in mode. You only have to stop this service by rightclick in the tray icon and stop it. Markymarks plugin works without any iMon VFD.exe

You only have to put the IMONPlugin.exe and SG_VFD.dll to any place on Your harddisk and dubbleclick on tne exe. You dont have to put it into the DVBViewer plugin folder.

Great work

:)

Yeah, thanks for this plug_in. I´m using it into the imon plugin because i can use the imon software to start the HTPC with the remote and using the functions of DVBViewer and the rest. It works very comfortable.

Great works!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i own a Origenae case (X11) which includes a VFD which i think is very similar (if not the same) to the iMon VFD. The software included was irTrans and it includes a plugin for MCE (which works)

However, tried to get it running within DVBViewer using this iMon plugin but can't get it to work.

Is there a way to do it or is this VFD something specific?

Anyone else with such a case or idea?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

i own a Origenae case (X11) which includes a VFD which i think is very similar (if not the same) to the iMon VFD. The software included was irTrans and it includes a plugin for MCE (which works)

However, tried to get it running within DVBViewer using this iMon plugin but can't get it to work.

Is there a way to do it or is this VFD something specific?

Anyone else with such a case or idea?

If it is not an IMON VFD, this plugin wont work. Even worse, it is not likely that it will be supported unless someone who implements the support owns this thing ... :)

Hi,

here comes a new Version after quite some time. Important changes are

- Ongoing recordings are now displayed

- Enhanced Time/Date display if DVBViewer is not running.

Still, this plugin requires that you set your IMON software to support third party plugins.

For running the plugin, just start it (e.g., in Autostrart!.

Feedback is welcome

Best regards,

Markymark

imonplugin_050.zip

Edited by markymark
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1000 thx for your plugin.

is it possible to make it optionable. i mean start with commandlineoptions.

z.b. "imonplugin.exe -cn" = plugin shows no channelnumber

Hi,

try this one .

--- Changes in Version 0.71 ---

NEW: Channel number can be disabled

NEW: Standby and Shutdown messages can be set

NEW: Filled Triangle instead of > for play (not sure if that works on all models)

NEW: Can display characters by code (for testing charset compatibility)

NEW: Year display

(GUI in german only, but youll figure it out :biggrin:

Regards

MM

imonplugin_071.zip

Edited by markymark

Hi, Many thanks for this plugin, I can confirm it works with antec Fusion Media center case with VFD, just exit antecs vfd software (don't uninstall) in sys tray :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

Do you know is there any use for this:

Description: Imon VFD Test ( 234 Downloads )

Version: READ INFORMATION LINK FIR

Size: 26 KBytes

Last Updated: 15.07.07

found from the member's download area? I mean does this give some advantages and if what are those? Not reading German good enough >_<

this is only a experiment no fully working app or plugin.

Thanks for the info!

Another question: how to handle 'ä', 'ö' and 'å' characters? Is it somehow possible to refer those as 'a', 'o' and maybe 'a' so without dots if dots aren't possible at all? I'm using Silverstone LC16-M (so Imon).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

here comes an updated version with some new features :)

Changes in version 0.80:

- Disk space monitoring

- OSD navigation is reflected on the VFD (at least some)

- New user interface with Vista glass support

- Clock can be disabled for program display

- Configuration file is now stored in the appdata folder (required for vista)

- Indicates if VFD is actualled found

Feedback is welcome!

PS: A localizable version including english language support is on the way, but not tomorrow :bye:

post-7704-1189830335_thumb.jpg

post-7704-1189830370_thumb.jpg

post-7704-1189830399_thumb.jpg

imonplugin_080.zip

Thanks for the info!

Another question: how to handle 'ä', 'ö' and 'å' characters? Is it somehow possible to refer those as 'a', 'o' and maybe 'a' so without dots if dots aren't possible at all? I'm using Silverstone LC16-M (so Imon).

In my plugin or in the test? If its in the plugin: For my VFD (Media Lab) the encoding is correct. If yours is not, please locate the umlauts using the test option in the plugin and tell me about it !

In my plugin or in the test? If its in the plugin: For my VFD (Media Lab) the encoding is correct. If yours is not, please locate the umlauts using the test option in the plugin and tell me about it !

Not sure did I understood right, but I can see those umlauts when "Zeige Zeichen ab Code" is e.g. 192, all this in SW! When 192 is used IN HW I see some chinese/japanese/korean /something characters :bye:

Hi,

theres a problem with the font-encoding on my iMon, too.

If I select 'Anzeigetest' in your plugin, the displayed chars do not match the ones actually shown on the iMon display.

For example, if 'Zeige Zeichen ab Code 64' is selected, your plugin shows a '\' in the lower row, 4th element from the right, but the iMon display shows an '¥'.

The VFD-Test Plugin from Lars works without font-encoding problems, so maybe you could take a look at his code to find out where the difference is.

cheers,

Thorsten

Edited by Warp10
Hi,

theres a problem with the font-encoding on my iMon, too.

If I select 'Anzeigetest' in your plugin, the displayed chars do not match the ones actually shown on the iMon display.

For example, if 'Zeige Zeichen ab Code 64' is selected, your plugin shows a '\' in the lower row, 4th element from the right, but the iMon display shows an '¥'.

The VFD-Test Plugin from Lars works without font-encoding problems, so maybe you could take a look at his code to find out where the difference is.

cheers,

Thorsten

i'll have a look at it!

• 3 weeks later...