DVBViewer 4.5 Crash while watching HD channels

yousif666

Hi

I recently purchased DVBViewer 4.5 and i have a problem with it while i am watching HD channels and changing between HD channels the software crash i dont know why ???

Card: WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2

Codec: K-lite Mega codec pack /I tried to use powerdvd and default windows codecs but k-lite seems the best of them.

Monitor:HDTV Samsung / i dont use a monitor i use TV insted.

VGA: ATI 4350 HD 1Gb

I use happauge remote control to control DVBViewer.

and the remote is not working well with DVBViewer if someone please have the irremote config right please give me.

help please.

Thanks

Edited by yousif666

Same is happening on my HTPC; only with HD channels. Im using Cyberlink DXVA for H264 and ffdaudio for audio stream.

I have a 4870X2 ATI card on Vista 32bits

Edited by ramonchin

Yes i did, in the renders i have 2 only evr and dvr9 something like that.

i tried many other codecs but still the same problem.

i tried K-lite codec pack and HD Pack 2.5 but still the same and i changed inside the DirectX in the option i changed alot of codecs to see witch is best but still the same.

have you tested with ffdshow? not so fast like others but verify if like me the crash does not occours (the audio still to works, and the zap still possible)

just for curiosity

(i solved disabling the gpu accelleration, if i don't wrong ffdshow does not use it)

Edited by toblerone

i used ffdshow still crashing now i use arcsoft and working good but the same problem i get crash and sometimes it hang i cant zap and DVBViewer crash on me, what codecs you are using ???

actually i'm using the arcsoft in the satcard cd, but i'm using an nvidia card and i'm not using that satcard in these days so i cannot say if works perfect or the problem still exist (now i cannot test)

i solved in the past install (and that prob was present) disabling the cuda option (i have nvidia) with coreavc

with ffdshow DVBViewer does not hangs, only black screen, when i had that prob, maybe is a different issue

have you another hd to test a new fresh os install with only a codec installed? maybe is the best test

Edited by toblerone

I did a fresh install before and made all that. the HD channels are working ok but for some channels DVBViewer crash i dont know why and i have ATI 4350 HD

what is the best codec for DVBViewer for HD and SD channels ???

If EVR rendering mode is in use, whenever signal level/quality is dropped too much, the application would crash. However, in VMR/Overlay mode this will not happen. You would lose only the video but the application would not crash.

in VMR/Overlay only sound but no video i put on the channel that crash only i hear is sound no video and not only this channel all the other channels HD and sd only sound.

should i install windows xp rather than windows 7 ???

If you are using Windows 7 you should only need the Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder for TV. Uninstall all your codec packs and try again. If that doesn't work try CCleaner. You should also only use EVR custom renderer in Windows 7.

Edited by dvbrewer

i tried it.

in some channels i dont hear sound and the video keep cutting not stable and other channels ok.

should i put windows xp and install codecs will it be better than windows 7 ?

i noticed that win7 worked better then xp for the hd channels

i'm using xp because i have not a win7 license

BUT, i have made some test just now, and i confirm as well here that the arcsoft codec and a hd zap kill DVBViewer

i come back to coreavc, that without cuda had no probs

same prob with it!

but in true i have the prob zapping from an hd one to a normal one

i left

edit:

enabling cuda with coreavc i have as well the prob with a hd zap, but is not a DVBViewer quits, but a 'execution protection' of xp, never seen that warning before

Edited by toblerone

will coreavc work with my ati card ???

but ATI dont have cuda technology so i would say that the codecs of coreavc will work, i will try and see what happens.

EDIT!

I tried coreavc and its the worst with me maybe because i am using ATI card i dont know but now i installed again HD Pack 2.5 and i hope it works i will use arcsoft and see.

please if anyone tried between xp and win7 tell me if xp is better for DVBViewer for the HD since the original codecs for win7 are bad with me the screen always becoming green and not working well.

Edited by yousif666

using the 'custom renderes' and downloading/install the directx here solved

tested with coreavc (without cuda, with it same prob but does not matter can be a codec prob) and arcsoft

i tried it.

in some channels i dont hear sound and the video keep cutting not stable and other channels ok.

should i put windows xp and install codecs will it be better than windows 7 ?

Are you sure Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder is selected? To make sure right click video - go to View>Filters. Windows 7 works fine with DVBViewer and HD here. Also make sure you have the latest ATi driver - this is 10.9 for 4350 (note the hotfix listed above is only for 4850/4870).

Edited by dvbrewer

You are wrong.Its for all ATI cards. (my card not one of 4850/4870)

So why does it say on the link you gave

This article applies to the following configuration(s):

* Hardware

o ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 series of products

o ATI Radeon HD 4850 X2 series of products

i returned to HD pack 2.5 because its the best working with me. windows codecs are sucks with me :(

but the HD channels dont view smoothly i see like the picture become fast and slow very fast only in HD channels, the SD are perfect.

i tested in DVB dream and i see that some channels are showing smoothly without any cuts and with DVBViewer i get the cuts with the channels i test in dvb dream, so its an issue with DVBViewer not the codecs

i used arcsoft these are the best to work with me so far.

i tested in DVB dream and i see that some channels are showing smoothly

Some channels, so not all? So there still must be a problem which is nothing to do with DVBViewer. I think your problems are to do with the HD Pack, last time I tried that my system got in a complete mess & I had to reinstall Windows 7. Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder works fine for me & Windows 7.

Edited by dvbrewer

ok then i will reinstall windows 7 again and i will use windows codecs and will see if it will work ok or not.

Sorry to create this task for you, but it is probably the best thing, don't forget to run Windows Update once you have installed & backup all files/email/passwords etc. :).

I formatted and the same problem no sound in the HD channels and alot of small squares even though i chose the windows 7 codecs. i cant watch and in the end the DVBViewer crash and also i lost my favourites and everything even though i backed up favrouites.xml and channels.dat but when i retuned them it didn't return anything and now i am trying to add new transponders to the transponders folder and its not overwriting i dont know how to deal with DVBViewer after all this. :mad:

Edited by yousif666