Jump to content

Export channel list with channel numbers


Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I am aiming at, seemingly, very simple task: I would like to export the channel list from DVBViewer to a text file, and I would like to have the channel numbers included in the list. So I can print the list of my 3000 channels and have them handy when I want to switch the channel with my remote by simply dialing a relevant number.


I keep failing, however, to include the channel numbers in the .csv export file! I can have them displayed in the channel window, but impossible to export into a text file for processing and printing.


I would greatly appreciate any tip or advice on this.


Many thanks in advance,




Link to comment

There might be a simpler way, but I just tried this:

Open the csv file in a spreadsheet program.

Insert a column for the channel number.

If you have extra audio channels, and it's not practical to delete them all, use a formula to skip them

e.g. IF(<current VPID>=<previous VPID>,<last channel>,<last channel>+1

and Copy Down the column, then all audio channels for a given station should have the same number. Or else use "" (blank) in place of <last channel> and filter out the extra channels by sorting.

Print in format required.

Link to comment

Nice easy solution for you, no editing or adding of channel numbers required assuming you have the DVBViewer Recording Service installed/enabled and Excel


Launch the following page - http://localhost:8089/api/Getchannelsxml.html

you'll should see all your channels with the numbers, to get it into a table format, save the source as channels.xml - I'm using Chrome, should be same with IE / Firefox


With a recent version of Excel (I'm using 2007 edition), load up the xml file, an radio options box will appear, choose XML table and the results show in a nice table format include the channel numbers.

Edited by Lakeuk
Link to comment

Thank you guys very much for quick replies! I tired editing the csv file in Excel and deleting additional audio tracks, but there was an increasing divergence between such produces numbers and what DVBV was reacting to. I think the problem was the exported csv file was not sorted by the channel number, and I did not know how to do that.


Then I tried the saved xml file and it worked perfectly.


So I have my list and can keep switching accurately!


Many thanks again,


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...