DVBViewer Sat>IP Build for MacOS

Bug reports for the MacOS build can be posted here.

Keep in mind this is a very early alpha! So not everything what is expected will work like intended.

The application can be found in the members section of the DVBViewer.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I finally took some time to play with it a little.

The following server was used:

- DVBViewer Recording Service 1.30.1 @ Windows 7 x64, pretty much default setup, USB DVB-T tuner AVerTV Volar HD Nano A867R

Client connected wirelessly directly to the Windows 7 machine (hosted network)

1. Preferences / Hardware / Settings

- the default RTP UDP port range at OS X Sat>IP (52000-52100) differs from that of the Windows Recording Service (6200-7200), not that it does seem to make any difference if they're set differently

- in many cases, the "Server" list doesn't show anything, however on some occasions it tries to connect to the RS web server and then it displays the DVBViewer Media Server entry.

- sometimes it hangs after leaving the device settings

2. Preferences / Scan Channels / Terrestrial

- Clear Channellist option clears the current list alright, but at the same time it does prevent new entries (result of the scan process) to be added to the list so that one always ends up with empty lists (workaround: scan once any single channel with the clear option selected to just clear the list, then scan second time properly without the clear option selected)

3. Interface / OSD Channel list (triggered by up/down arrow keys)

- when this list is displayed and is longer then the screen allows to display at once, I tend to scroll it via trackpad, however that still changes the volume, it's a little confusing

4. Interface / Quick channel switching (triggered by starting to enter numbers)

- this list mixes TV and Radio channels - could these be separated (at least optionally) so that when I'm in TV mode only TV channels show up and vice versa?

5. Interface / Volume slider (triggered by scroll action)

- the current scrolling direction it responds to matches the "Natural" scrolling direction setup of the OS X. However since for example I find this "Natural" way annoying, I have it disabled so that it behaves the "old" way. Sat>IP doesn't respect that. It would be good to respect the system setup, most likely by processing the NSEvent directionInvertedFromDevice property - https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSEvent_Class/index.html#//apple_ref/occ/instp/NSEvent/directionInvertedFromDevice

or I've found the following approach via reading the preference value:

BOOL naturalDirectionEnabled = [[[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults] valueForKey:@"com.apple.swipescrolldirection"] boolValue];

6. EPG

- is it supposed to work already? it doesn't show anything

- well after several tries I once managed to get some EPG data to display, however it's very unreliable and it even crashed the Sat>IP application ((com.cmuv.satip.118176[540]): Service exited with abnormal code: 231)

7. Network / Incoming connections

- since it isn't a signed application, I'm getting requests from the OS X application firewall whether I want to allow it to accept incoming connections after every launch

- is it required to to have it listening at all? I didn't study the Sat>IP protocol so it may be really required. I'd understand if it would try to join some multicast group, but it doesn't seem to be the case. It seems to listen at UDP ports in that RTP UDP port range

8. VDA Decoding

- if not, it would be great to implement it

- if yes, it would be great to have an option to enable/disable it

9. Stability

- well it hangs/crashes quite often, but since it doesn't produce much useful data from these states (I did check the usual places for crash reports etc and also the Sat>IP debug log), it's quite hard to provide some useful information

• Like 1