Recordingservice Beta

Lars_MQ

Maybe picture?

Timer.jpg

Timer 1. Teini-ikäiset Mutantti... + extra time to end

Timer 2. Huntik + Extra time to end

I will get only first record to timerlist with Epg auto search timer.

Well yes it does check for is there a already a timer for this timewindow and channel to avoid duplicating timers.

Well yes it does check for is there a already a timer for this timewindow and channel to avoid duplicating timers.

Yep. But now i will miss last race end, if biaggi crash. ;)

But i can live with that, have to check timer.

I did a clean installation on Vista, and found that it is not possible remove the default recording folder under C:\Users\<username>\Videos, even when an alternative location has been set. I worked around it by manually editing the XML file to remove it and set my preferred location at E:\Videos to 0.

Thanks for reply.

Second issue: I'll try.

First issue: yes I'm, trying with the "http://yourIP/mobile" part. I've understood your message ;)

Hi, attached you can find a little remake of "\mobil" directory based on 1.4.7.90 version.

Changes:

- Dropped out the java script:popup, java script:record and so on instructions, substituted with direct link.

- Inserted on top of every pages a little 3 choice menu for easy navigation

Tested with pocket ie on a windows mobile 6.1 device

Known issue:

- The "save" and "cancel" buttons in "timer_new" page after action execution ("save" correctly set up the new timer) return to browser a "java script:window.close()" instruction that isn't correct because in this implementation we aren't using popup windows that aren't supported by the pocket ie.

Best soluction I think should be always return the code:

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>DVBViewer - Redir</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>You should be redirected automatically !<BR>
<A HREF="http://192.168.10.50:4659/mobil/timer_list.html?aktion=timer_list">Click Here</A><BR>
</BODY></HTML>

actually returned olny when you select "cancel" after a "new timer" action from "timer list".

Sorry I don't know how to fix this, any help will be appreciated.

- Often the pocket ie don't ask for user/password

Lars feel free to insert into DVBViewer any modification suggested without problems if you thinks it's worth.

mobil.zip

Edited by feucar

Maybe is good if i can set epg auto search to not record program replay?

If epg auto searh find word "Replay" or something else, then it will pass timer.

Maybe two or three different word to search.

Do you need picture? hihiihi...

Maybe is good if i can set epg auto search to not record program replay?

I would find it very useful if the auto search (record) could be set to only scan certain day of the week.

For example, lets say I want it to record our local news program (called "Anglia Tonight") on a Saturday/Sunday. Every week it seems to be on a different time late afternoon or early evening. So I'd like to be able to set it to search every Saturday/Sunday between 3pm and 7pm for "Anglia Tonight" on channel ITV1.

That's actually a very useful suggestion. :) Thank you, I'll look into it and try to come up with something nice. o:)

As for the replay suggestion: nice idea but it can not work. :blink: I don't know what replay or repeat means in french, chinese, russian, suomi etc. In german it could be "" (nothing because most station do not mark repeats), "Wiederholung", "Wdh" or several other strings... so no match there.

BUT you can always get aquainted with regEx and exclude your flavour of "repeat" there... ;)

That's actually a very useful suggestion. :blink: Thank you, I'll look into it and try to come up with something nice. o:)

Great stuff :)

Something like the attached mock-up?

I have quite a few more suggestions, want to hear them?

post-77591-1238967276_thumb.png

Edited by Rob100

Knock yourself out :) But remember, we don't want people to have a masters degree just to use the search :blink:

Oh, and I don't promise anything. But I'll put the changes on hold to see, what you come up with.

I'm going to add one thing which I need: The datefield can have the additional values "today" and "tomorrow" which will be replaced on the fly with the current (next to current) date.

The timer events for specific day feature would work very well with the 'add event to EPG search from OSD' feature I'm desperate for. Even if from the OSD I could only add an auto EPG search event for the current programme name and channel, at least it's now there and I won't miss any more episodes. I can then go into the recording service interface at my convenience and refine the search myself to avoid repeat transmissions.

I still say it's better that recording service finds more than I want meaning I have to remove / disable / delete extra ones, than I miss shows I want to see!

(I did read your post Lars that you're looking at something like this but I thought I'd add my thoughts while the subject was being discussed). Things like this make DVBViewer very wife freindly. I have a battle trying to convince her that we want a nice HTPC with DVBViewer - not Sky+!

That's actually a very useful suggestion. :) Thank you, I'll look into it and try to come up with something nice. ;)

As for the replay suggestion: nice idea but it can not work. :blink: I don't know what replay or repeat means in french, chinese, russian, suomi etc. In german it could be "" (nothing because most station do not mark repeats), "Wiederholung", "Wdh" or several other strings... so no match there.

BUT you can always get aquainted with regEx and exclude your flavour of "repeat" there... ;)

Yes, i mean that user can set those word. But maybe that feature is very low priority.

This sunday eurosport miss SBK last race, they show some f#%#*ing tour de france!

Replay is good sometime. o:)

Knock yourself out :D But remember, we don't want people to have a masters degree just to use the search ;)

Oh, and I don't promise anything. But I'll put the changes on hold to see, what you come up with.

I don't have any other suggestions regarding the search/timer. To add the day search option as my photoshop mock-up would be fantastic.

Whilst I understand some of us would rather have multiple recordings of the same program (just in case), some programs seem to be repeated several times a day on the same channel and I can easily end up with far too many copies (for example "Click" on BBC News).

As for my other wishes/suggestions, here goes... Apologies if any of these have been covered before.

1) Option for DVBViewer to automatically send WOL command to recording service PC when started if it cannot connect to server (maybe give message to say "please wait..." or similar).

2) Option when DVBViewer only has virtual tuners (connected to recording service sever) suppress error messages about "no hardware" whilst sever is waking.

3) Option when closing DVBViewer on a client PC, automatically send standby command to recording service. Obviously if the recording service is recording or another client is connected this will be ignored.

If recordings (by the service) were set to automatically standby when complete and all clients were set to send WOL command when opening and to send standby command when closing there would be no need for messages popping up on the client(s) (and the recording service PC) to say the recording service is going to standby in 30 seconds and click here to cancel (or whatever it says, sorry can't check at the moment).

4) Enable PS3 support for UPNP server. Even if it's just to playback recordings. At the moment the PS3 sees the server, but cannot connect for some reason?

Not sure if the following is possible:

5) Detect if H264 streams have "video_full_range_flags" incorrectly set ("ITV HD" for example!) and patch the stream on the fly during recording to save running it through TS-Doctor. Playback isn't an issue with DVBViewer, but when played back on my WD TV (which adheres to this flag) recordings are "washed out". See http://www.cypheros.de/colspace_e.html

6) Patch BBC HD streams on the fly (as BBC HD Fixer) so AC3 audio also plays back on standalone hardware (WD TV for example) and other PC software media players.

Await your comments :)

1., 2. and 3. I'll think about it.

5. and 6. Do need detection and manipulation of the datastream. I'll talk with griga about it, but I don't think, it's a good idea to manipulate on this (deep) level.

4. Please do: Recservice Options -> Web/UPnP -> check debug UPnP, exit the options, try to connect from the PS3 to the service and post the svcdebug.log zipped here. Remember to deactive this option again!

Maybe this gives me a clue what goes wrong with the PS3. If not, it gets a little more complicated, because I would need someone who can log the whole conversation between the PS3 and a working UPnP server with wireshark (or a similar network sniffing program).

1., 2. and 3. I'll think about it.

5. and 6. Do need detection and manipulation of the datastream. I'll talk with griga about it, but I don't think, it's a good idea to manipulate on this (deep) level.

4. Please do: Recservice Options -> Web/UPnP -> check debug UPnP, exit the options, try to connect from the PS3 to the service and post the svcdebug.log zipped here. Remember to deactive this option again!

Maybe this gives me a clue what goes wrong with the PS3. If not, it gets a little more complicated, because I would need someone who can log the whole conversation between the PS3 and a working UPnP server with wireshark (or a similar network sniffing program).

1,2,3 - thanks. It's a good idea, honest :)

5,6 - you're the experts, so I'll leave that one with you

4 - Will post UPNP log with PS3 later tonight if I get a chance. I've just quickly looked at WireShark and I should be able to log a couple of different working UPNP (DLNA) servers. Might need a day or two on that one though...

One more suggestion I forgot about...

Let's say you record on network share \\HTPC\DVBRec

If you (well I) then created folders within this share for example \\HTPC\DVBRec\News and \\HTPC\DVBRec\Movie, when you set a timer and select the recording path, these folders are automatically listed in the drop down box. I can work round this at the moment, by adding the extra folders as recording paths (with \\HTPC\DVBRec at the top and therefore the default), however as these extra paths are subfolders within, it seems a bit pointless (and extra work).

5) Detect if H264 streams have "video_full_range_flags" incorrectly set ("ITV HD" for example!) and patch the stream on the fly during recording to save running it through TS-Doctor. Playback isn't an issue with DVBViewer, but when played back on my WD TV (which adheres to this flag) recordings are "washed out". See http://www.cypheros.de/colspace_e.html

6) Patch BBC HD streams on the fly (as BBC HD Fixer) so AC3 audio also plays back on standalone hardware (WD TV for example) and other PC software media players.

..both can be changed wit a little tool called TS-Doctor

:)

..both can be changed wit a little tool called TS-Doctor

:)

Yes, but I seem to get sync errors especially if I take the opportunity to "trim" the file at the same time. Also it's another step to do... Easy I know, but annoying all the same.

Suggestion to Tvguide timer.

I klik program from tvguide and popup open, then i press record button.

After that popup window should close automatic and tvguide page need autorefresh, so i can see program with red frame.

Wife freindly webinterface is good object, now i have always 2 or 3 same recording.

Hi all, again on webmobile support. Attached a new version with a small cosmetic fix (double start link in timer list page).

Verified with Windows Mobile 6.1 - pocketie and blackberry curve browser.

mobil.zip

Sorry if this should be posted in the "Suggestions" forum...

Is it possible to have a checkbox in the Timer page, to delete multiple timers in one go. I don't know how valuable it would be, but there have been a few times that I've wished that it was there (usually after setting an incorrect auto-search).

Sorry to say this just after a new version is released but .. wouldn't it be better to have a button to DISABLE multiple timers at once rather than to DELETE them? All that happens if I select and delete multiple timers is they appear again on my next auto timer search. At least if I could disable them, they would stay disabled.

I've just installed the latest version and all looks good. I especially like the ability to specify a day of the week when setting up a repeating timer - thanks Lars.

I have two questions about the Recording service:

1. (this may well have been asked before and I did search but couldn't find anything). Would it be possible to specify a Process Task as a post-record action on a timer? I'd like to run a batch file that remuxes the recorded TS file into an MKV, as I find that format less problematic to play back on my Popcorn Hour than a raw TS (where you sometimes get PTS wrap around and then can't search through the file). It would be nice if that was tied into the actual recording timer rather than having to add a separate Task Timer each time.

2. This may seem like a stupid idea, so feel free to shoot me down in flames ;) : - how possible would it be to directly record to MKV format, rather than TS or MPG? MKV is a flexible container and can easily hold any type of video or audio stream, and more and more devices are becoming available to playback this format. It's just a thought - I know nothing about the actual structure of an MKV or whether this would even be feasible.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the timer multi-delete option! ;)

I encountered my first issue in a long time today (compared to niggles). I was recording Men & Motors from satellite and about 45 minutes into the recording there was a group of 9 discontinuities. From that point until the end of the recording the audio was delayed by roughly 500ms. I've tried to fix the recording in VideoReDo but it can't resync the audio automatically even with its resync option (presumably because it thinks it's in sync due to the fact it's a "clean" MPEG2 PS?)

I was using the MPG option for recording - would recording in TS format avoid this from happening again or would it have happened no matter what?

I've been recording DVB-T in DVBViewer for years and never had the audio go out of sync after a stream discontinuity. Is there something different about DVB-S?

Edit: Ah, and a little issue in the latest recording service beta (1.4.7.95) - the tray icon doesn't show that an on-going recording is taking place. It always says that it's "idle".

Edited by CX23882-19

TS is the better choice for recordings. No matter what.

As for the tray Icon: most likely you jast need to restart the system, to get it working again. This does happen sometimes during the update process.

TS is the better choice for recordings. No matter what.

As for the tray Icon: most likely you jast need to restart the system, to get it working again. This does happen sometimes during the update process.

Thanks for that, Lars. You're right, after restarting everything is a-ok! ;)

(the link to the web interface was also not working, that's okay now)

Regarding TS vs MPEG, I'll stick with TS from now on. Looking back through the beta revisions I see that the MPEG writer was improved in 1.4.7.90. This was the version I was using when I noticed the sync problem and I only upgraded to it a few days ago and to be honest I haven't done many recordings since updating. Could it be an issue with the new MPEG writer? I attributed it to DVB-S versus DVB-T initially but maybe that isn't the problem,

(I appreciate that developing and testing DVB software much be infuriating at times because there are so many external factors. If only I had a time machine so that I could retest an old version or test recording in TS format! At least, selfishly for me ;), the programme was repeated an hour ago and recorded perfectly but that doesn't help you determine the cause)

And finally, a feature request:

The ability to "kick off" a live streaming client in favour of a recording, or perhaps to allocate the streaming server a priority as with recordings (and it will still kick them off when a high priority recording is due). That way I could have the streaming server at a priority of 50, and my favourite shows timers a higher priority and then "stuff-that-might-be-interesting" at a lower priority. I never appreciated priority with DVB-T because with six transponders you can easily have enough tuners but with DVB-S it's pretty much impossible and priority is essential.

Edited by CX23882-19

Hi Lars

Thanks for the new version.

Now it seems that almost all functions I need is there ;)

I have just one last desire. The function "after-recording process task" should be added in auto search function like a default selection on new recordings.

Now i have to add a recoding manual to get the new nice function “after-recording process task”

it would be really nice to this is managed automatically.

Hey Lars.

Many thanks for the new version. Great stuff that I ask for the ability to run a post-recording task - and less than 24 hours later up pops a version that can do it! I've done one quick test record and it work perfectly, calling my batch file that remuxes my BBCHD TS into an MKV.

But as atener said, it would be great to have that function on the auto-search so that all new recordings pick this up.

One other question - is it possible to add timers and specify a post-recording task to run when using the command-line tool dvbv_tvg.exe ? (I'm guessing not).

Thanks again

would be great to have that function on the auto-search

Already integrated. I also did put the afterrecording action into the search stuff.

is it possible to add timers and specify a post-recording task to run when using the command-line tool dvbv_tvg.exe

Oh come on, I just wrote the function yesterday. ;)

I'll update the commandline tool in time. Let's wait a little while to see what else comes up. ;)

Already integrated. I also did put the afterrecording action into the search stuff.

When setting the autosearch timer, I can see a dropdown box at the bottom, but it doesn't contain anything (see attached - I have one Task setup which appears ok on manually added timers)

Oh come on, I just wrote the function yesterday. ;)

I'll update the commandline tool in time. Let's wait a little while to see what else comes up. ;)

You know what it's like - give a kid a new toy.... ;)

post-56458-1239557289_thumb.jpg

I'm currently using the Recording Service in a mixed DVB-T/DVB-S configuration (discrete devices - not hybrids). I have also got the server enabled and then use DVBViewer as a unicast client. All of my terrestrial channels are in Group A and all of the satellite in Group B. The devices in the recording service are then allocated either group A or group B and the same within DVBViewer itself (Unicast 1 is Satellite and B, Unicast 2 is Terrestrial and A).

Sometimes it doesn't work. I'm not sure exactly what's going wrong but I've attached the svcdebug.log file in case you know better. At the time I had 2x DVB-S recordings running and I started up DVBViewer and attempted to tune a DVB-T channel. In the log-file, this occured on 12.04.2008 at 18:32:17.

No DVB-T channels were working, and attempting to start a recording failed too with "No hardware".

Restarting the service fixed it.

svcdebug.zip

When setting the autosearch timer, I can see a dropdown box at the bottom

Oh thats a bug. It shouldn't be there. Thanks for pointing this out, I'll fix it.

Following a tip from Rheinländer on the Squeezebox forum, I’m using the HTTP-GET function of DVBViewer's 'Recording Service' to connect MP2 radio to the SqueezeCenter server.

I initially got it running on my desktop (XP Pro)with a Technisat Skystar 2 running DVBViewer 4.0 and recording service 1.4.7.90.

When I went to set it up on my server PC (WHS), using another Technisat Skystar 2 and running identical drivers and software version, it wouldn’t work. I just got a 404 error message on the Squeezebox device when I selected a radio channel under ‘favorites’.

To cut a long story short, it turned out that the problem was the specific hardware:

Good:

Card Skystar 2 P/N 92105-20002A Rev 2.6B

- driver file details SkyNET.sys v 4.05.00.9999

No joy:

Card Skystar 2 P/N 92105-20003D Rev 2.6D

- driver file details SkyNET.sys v 4.05.00.9999

I ‘double substituted’ the cards to prove the point.

So, I can use the old card, but not the newer one. Both cards appear to work identically when used with DVBViewer. Very odd!

Edited by Snizort

Very odd. The service (which does share the codebase for the hardware engine with the DVBViewer) doesn't care about revision, it only talks to the skydll. My guess, there are other effects. You tested the cards with the DVBViewer on the same PC?

Yes, it seemed so unlikely that the problem was with hardware that I put each card in turn in each PC without changing anything else and the fault always followed the newer card. Then I did it all again, just to be sure, as the server is a bit inaccessible so didn’t want to revisit the problem.

With the Rev 2.6D card now in my desktop, I tried the latest beta (.96). No change.

Tried the Technisat BDA drivers, but still no joy.

However, the old card is working like a charm in my server with SqueezeCenter and it’s very nice to be able to select a satellite radio station from any of my Squeezebox units.

I've noticed a couple of times that the system tray icon stops working; I think after the computer has been in sleep mode. When this happens the symptoms are the same - double-clicks are ignored and the icon states that the service is idle. The service continues to perform recordings as expected.

In the attached log, the system was put to sleep at 23:34 and then it woke a few times overnight to do backups etc and I noticed the problem just after 7:00 this morning.

svcdebug.zip

Edited by CX23882-19
I've noticed a couple of times that the system tray icon stops working; I think after the computer has been in sleep mode. When this happens the symptoms are the same - double-clicks are ignored and the icon states that the service is idle. The service continues to perform recordings as expected.

In the attached log, the system was put to sleep at 23:34 and then it woke a few times overnight to do backups etc and I noticed the problem just after 7:00 this morning.

I think that problem is only my own "user error", but now it happens somebody else too.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=224673

I think it is some vista UAC problem. I stop uac and all is good now.

Yeah it is. I think I found the problem and fixed it. It always happens if you stop the service close the tray app, then start the tray app first and then start the service. Somehow, Vista didn't allow the tray app to create the shared stuff. ;)

Yeah it is. I think I found the problem and fixed it. It always happens if you stop the service close the tray app, then start the tray app first and then start the service. Somehow, Vista didn't allow the tray app to create the shared stuff. ;)

I see; in that case maybe the sleep issue was a red herring. I restarted the machine a few times and sometimes the tray icon worked and other times it didn't, and a couple of times it had a grey icon, so I presume it depends on how quickly the service started in relation to the tray app, and that supports your theory and I'm glad that you may have fixed it. Thanks.

Edited by CX23882-19