Recordingservice Beta

Lars_MQ

I change windows 7 to my other computer and now i can't use unicast device.

Everything look good, when i go to unicast network device settings, i can see server.

But i get "no hardware available" error, when i start DVBViewer.

What could be wrong?

Same problem with other pc too. Can't get unicast work win7.

Help...

does work here. but i needed half an hour to get windows to connect to my local network, so I might have changed something there. Just don't know what...

I change windows 7 to my other computer and now i can't use unicast device.

Everything look good, when i go to unicast network device settings, i can see server.

But i get "no hardware available" error, when i start DVBViewer.

What could be wrong?

I've put Windows7 on my HTPC, which uses 2 unicast devices to connect to the RecordingService and it works fine. Maybe your having a firewall issue?

Anyone else getting this problem or seen it before? I'm still having issues and need to delete all those Teletubbies timers everyday. Gets annoying. :angry:

I'm sure someone else had this problem before but I can't remember how it got fixed. Basically my autosearch timer is adding a duplicate for a specific search each time the autotimer is run. Now the weird part is I've actually removed the offending timer but the autosearch still keeps adding it!

Example of my timers page...

TimerDupes.jpg

Here is my xml file

Timers.jpg

There is no timer there for Teletubbies but the autotimer keeps adding it, even when it already exists. Does the RecordingService look at other places for the searches.xml file?

And yes most of that crap is for the wife and daughter. :)

Yeah I had a similar one although thankfully not teletubbies.

It's on this thread somewhere.

Do you use satellite and terrestrial by any chance? I think it's caused by a duplicate channel existing. I think you have to rename one of them slightly so that there is no matching substring.

I'm finding that with the recording service I can record unencrypted channels ok, but encrypted ones just produce 0 byte files. I can view and record encrypted channels ok in DVBViewer itself. I have got the CI box ticked on the hardware screen in the recording service. Is it not possible for users to try the experimental external CI module setting ?

I noticed these entries in the svcdebug.log file. Could they be relevant ? None of my drives are short on space.:

16.05.2009 11:58:51 TBDACITTModuleSingle:Create CloseCI: The system cannot find the drive specified

16.05.2009 11:58:51 TBDACITTModuleSingle:Create OpenCI: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

Also, I have noticed that if I tick the box to 'Split Files After' it is always unticked the next time I go into the config screen.

Anyone else getting this problem or seen it before? I'm still having issues and need to delete all those Teletubbies timers everyday. Gets annoying. :P

It could be related to channel sharing between BBC 4 and CBeebies. Do you have both in your channel list? Depending on the time when a scan is performed you'll get either bbc4 or cbeebies but not both. Therefore I did a rescan with channel update.

Support.zip attached. The TV card is a Technotrend TT budget C-1501 BDA, [removed].

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

support.zip

Does the Recording Serrvice have the Auto-Update Channel function that DVBViewer has? I had my first failed recording of BBC-HD the other night after they apparently changed PIDs (I ended up with a file with audio but no video). However, as soon as I ran DVBViewer, it automatically updated the channel details as I had Auto-Update Channel set.

If the Recording Service doesn't do that, could it be considered in a future release? Would certainly lead to less failed recordings when broadcasters change things.

Thanks in advance.

Does the Recording Serrvice have the Auto-Update Channel function that DVBViewer has? I had my first failed recording of BBC-HD the other night after they apparently changed PIDs (I ended up with a file with audio but no video). However, as soon as I ran DVBViewer, it automatically updated the channel details as I had Auto-Update Channel set.

If the Recording Service doesn't do that, could it be considered in a future release? Would certainly lead to less failed recordings when broadcasters change things.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you don't have duplicate channels in your channel list. Sadly DVBViewer only updates the first of them and I was recording from another. I really wish they'd improve the channel editor. If it just had the ability to sort alphabetically and/or remove duplicates it'd make life so much easier. I did suggest it but I got shouted down. Apparently most people think nothing of manually editing a list of 400 channels in random order B)

If I get time today or tomorrow I'll write something myself to process an exported channel list.

Make sure you don't have duplicate channels in your channel list. Sadly DVBViewer only updates the first of them and I was recording from another. I really wish they'd improve the channel editor. If it just had the ability to sort alphabetically and/or remove duplicates it'd make life so much easier. I did suggest it but I got shouted down. Apparently most people think nothing of manually editing a list of 400 channels in random order B)

If I get time today or tomorrow I'll write something myself to process an exported channel list.

As far as I can see, I do only have one BBC-HD channel in my list, and it never got auto-updated by the Recording Service.

Totally agree with you about the channel list/editor. Considering how great DVBViewer and the Recording Service are, this is the aspect that really lets it down. I dread having to do channel scans, as it's a real pain to then incorporate new channels into the list, as well us updating favourites. This also carries over to the Popcorn Hour interface, which makes no use of favourites whatsoever. This is a great shame, because using the Popi to view live TV is such a good idea, but trying to find the channel to watch out a list of hundreds is enough to put you off.

Great idea if you plan to write something to process the channel list - and please can we have favourites support for the Popi?

..but trying to find the channel to watch out a list of hundreds is enough to put you off.

I totally agree. Hopefully this will change but until then, just drag and drop your favorite channels right at the beginning of your channel list with the channel editor.

I totally agree. Hopefully this will change but until then, just drag and drop your favorite channels right at the beginning of your channel list with the channel editor.
All this inspired to me to try and rationalise things again last night. I spent fifteen minutes trying to fix things but then I came across a huge tranche of ITV regional channels and realised that ITV (London) wasn't the one I really wanted up at the top..

..at that point I gave up.

I didn't give up when I came across that. I just scrolled down a bit more and found the regional variations I was looking for. At the moment they happen to be London. Not because I live there - I couldn't live more 'regions' away if I wanted to - it's just I only have one tuner and the London variants share transponders with other useful channels.

Give it another go. Once it's done it's done. Now I don't care what they introduce to order the channels. I have my channels ordered exactly how I want them and no programmer in the world could write the code to do that.

As far as I can see, I do only have one BBC-HD channel in my list, and it never got auto-updated by the Recording Service.

BBC HD is the first channel in my list and mine didn't get updated :)

I was away at the end of last week and left the recording service to do it's thing and was really annoyed to find I had 4 duff recordings.

I had logged into the webpage from remote and could see the recordings had taken place so thought all was well.

It would be useful if there was an option to view the EPG info and log files of recordings from the webserver. I'm sure it would be easy to add an extra button or two to open these in a seperate window. Please :(

I think you can from the recording service. I have logging enabled and whenever I click on a recording from the recordings menu, the log file is displayed in the window below the EPG details.

• 1 month later...

Question :

Is there a way to transcode AAc to mp3 or anything else ?

Cause i am form brazil ad here there is an stupid AAC wich i can´t seen to work in my popcorn

Tks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to reduce the number of channels in Timeline and/or TVGuide, or maybe a way to sort them. It is very difficult to shedule a recording, when you have 500+ channels

Is there a way to reduce the number of channels in Timeline and/or TVGuide, or maybe a way to sort them. It is very difficult to shedule a recording, when you have 500+ channels

You can use EPG Manager from Members Section. Very usefull to setup channels that should download EPG.

You can use EPG Manager from Members Section. Very usefull to setup channels that should download EPG.

This is exactly what I'm after, in order to move away from Digiguide/Dabdig setup (which is superb) and towards a simpler DVBViewer-only setup that can be used form any location. However, I can't see any "EPG Manager" in the members download section http://www.DVBViewer.com/members/

• 2 weeks later...

All right.

I have a dumb question.

I checked the wiki, didn't find it there. I searched this thread, also no go.

So here goes:

How do I REMOVE an item from autosearch timer? There isn't any readily apparent way to do that. Adding new items is easy enough, thought.. Is it enough to hit "delete" from the "search EPG" tab when you've got corresponding preset open?

Edited by Barleyman

v1.5.0.25

new "%name" option isn't working:

I have set "200908081130_80" as the actual timer name and just "%name" as the file-naming string but the name of the recording file is taking the actual programme title from the EPG

How do I REMOVE an item from autosearch timer?......Is it enough to hit "delete"

Yes, select the autosearch timer and press delete. Thats all.

v1.5.0.25

new "%name" option isn't working:

I have set "200908081130_80" as the actual timer name and just "%name" as the file-naming string but the name of the recording file is taking the actual programme title from the EPG

Make sure that the file naming string of the timer entry really contains the %name keyword.

The file naming string of the service setp will only be taken on new timer entries.

Regards

Prinz

The file naming string of the service setp will only be taken on new timer entries.

That was the problem - it's working fine now, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I have upgraded to the latest version of DVBViewer and that for the recording service and although I can use the timer to record programmes while DVBViewer is running, I am unable to use the recording service once I have logged out of DVBViewer.

The service DVBViewer Recording Service is running. The icon on the tray is visible and turns to grey once I have logged out of DCBViewer. I would then expect it to turn to red once it starts recording but this does not happen and no recording is done. This is very frustrating as a previous version I had running worked fine on the same system.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi,

The service DVBViewer Recording Service is running. The icon on the tray is visible and turns to grey once I have logged out of DCBViewer.

Could it be that the file "svcctrl.dll" wasn't removed from the plugin directory of the DVBViewer?

Regards

Prinz

I didn't give up when I came across that. I just scrolled down a bit more and found the regional variations I was looking for. At the moment they happen to be London. Not because I live there - I couldn't live more 'regions' away if I wanted to - it's just I only have one tuner and the London variants share transponders with other useful channels.

Give it another go. Once it's done it's done. Now I don't care what they introduce to order the channels. I have my channels ordered exactly how I want them and no programmer in the world could write the code to do that.

I know it's a bit late but I thought you might be interested to know that for some bizarre reason ITV West Country has MUCH better quality on FreeSat than the other ITV regions (Inc London). This includes more samples and a higher data rate.

I downloaded latest version

Add: Skystar 2/ Skystar S2: Reset after Hibernate/Standby for Skystar devices integrated. You can activate it in the configuration program/ hardware options.

It was the most wanted option and it really works. I tested it on Skystar S2 card. If I close DVBViewer then go to S3 standby, press power button, run DVBViewer again - card is still warking. Without recording service it wouldn't work untill PC restart.

If I go to standby mode without closing DVBViewer (press start->Turn off computer -> Standby) , after wake up card becomes unusable and requires restart. Tested on 2 computers. TT-S2-3200 alows this trick and after wakeup DVBViewer is working fine.

It is a very important issue and it's good that someone is working on this buggy Skystar S2 driver, at least doing patches.

I also found another bug - content of russian EPG from 75E is not displayed in russian (wrong charset). Only on webserver, inside DVBViever EPG is OK/

I just found that standby for Skystar S2 works also with WDM driver. To enable correct standby you must go to

My Computer->Properties->hardware->Device manager->Network adaptors->Technisat DVB PC TV Star PCI ->

Properties->Power Management

uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' checkbox

if this box is checked after standby you will see No Hardware Available error

I had a uPnP device connected to the recording service and was listening to the stream but then the server shut down.

Does the service keep the PC awake if only a Upnp client is attached and no DVBViewer or web clients are attached?

Hi Lars,

Thanks for a great application.

However, I have a small problem. My channel provider (dvb-c) recently changed frequencies and I therefor needed to do a re-scan.

Unfortunately the new channels seem to work within DVBViewer, but not with the recording service. It appeared to use the old frequencies. I then installed the newest DVBViewer beta and the recording service. After installation of DVBViewer I deleted all the encrypted channels and other channles I do not want from my channel list. This has resulted in the recording service to show some of the deleted channel in the tv-guide window and some of the correct channels.

I have seached the forum without luck. Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Mogens

Hi Tjod,

Sorry, my mistake. DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1.0 and Recording service 1.5.0.31.

I have tried stopping and start again, including rebooting. But without any changes.

I installed the new versions without un-installing my old versions. Is that a problem?

Best regards,

Mogens