Recordingservice Beta

Lars_MQ

I think it works with firefox, but i confirm that when i am home.

How about if folder auto selection can compare my folder and program name? Then talent usa go automatic to talent folder.

Ofcourse if harddrive is full, service must change automatic to other disk.

I have only one TV-card and when a recording is started when I watch TV. The DVBViewer seems like it's hang. It doesn't it just that the service is recording something else that I don't watch.

My suggestions is that it streams that channel instead. And or some info what is going on. Maybee this is not priority one, but it helps that you don't think something crashed. I don't know if that is a problem for you guys that have more tv-cards.

Sorry for my bad english for first.

I searched the topics, but cant find answer for my problem with streaming. I have enabled webserver and set port for streaming (3332). I cannot use transcoding. Embedded players are showing that there is no video (tried WMV and VLC profiles with different settings) and when I try to open with IE that address (http://myip:3332), then comes a 404 page.

Direct connect with UPnP works, but only for recorded files. Live TV seems to connect to different port as when i waths recorded shows (my webserver is set 8080, if i watch recorded shows, connects VLC to port 8080 and then video plays, if i try to watch live TV with Direct connect, VLC tries to connect to port 3332 (streaming port) and does nothing. Winamp tells that problem with syncing).

Sorry if that does not belong to this topic and somewhere is a FAQ for that problem, and i have not found this. But its a very useful function, that i would gladly use.

I have installed DVBViewer 4.0 beta (tried also with 4.0 stable), VLC 0.8.6i, Recording service 1.4.7.52 beta (i tried 1.4.6 version, but the same problem). OS is Win7.

Sorry I forgot to say you have to stop the service before creating the support.zip, so all configdata is saved. :bye:

Well anyway, take a look here there are the different ports and settings a little bit explained.

Sorry. My bad with supporttool. :bye:

Hmm.. tried now with standartconfig (stream port 7522), but still the same situation. Embedded player says no video (VLC plugin) or tries to connect for a moment, an then back to ready (Mediaplayer plugin) and external cannot find file (Mediaplayer and VLC).

Tiit

support.zip

First please deactivate the UPnP logging. This should only be activated if you're told to. :bye:

Second: Your service.xml doesn't match the things you said you changed. In fact it is nearly empty. Are you sure you using the right folder and the right service is active?

Hmm.. i installed 1.4.7.10 and then unpacked the content of beta archive over the files in DVBViewer folder (first deactivatet service and trayutil) and then started trayutil and the service again. Service.xml is in folder C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer.

For support.zip copied supporttool.exe to C:\Program Files\DVBViewer and ran there.

Maybe is there a problem with Win7? I thought about that yesterday, but i was too lazy for reinstalling XP. :bye:

How i can automatic set two minute difference between recording start time?

I get "error 0x80070020" if two recording start at same time and last one is HD channel.

That is very unusual situation, but sometime it will happens.

support.zip

? where do you get this error? the service can't show any error messages.

Sorry, i get error when i try to watch it DVBViewer. MPC says "cannot render file".

It works just fine when i set 2 minute delay between recording start time.

Dude, I don't really know what you're doing. Does the recording not start correctly? Is anything written at all? it all seems very confusing and incomplete...

Dude, I don't really know what you're doing. Does the recording not start correctly? Is anything written at all? it all seems very confusing and incomplete...

Empty file. Everythink look just fine in serice log, i paste copy later.

Maybe somebody can try it too?

svcdebug.txt

Edited by janip
I use vista and there is very good service control. Automatic service restart and many other things.

Thanks for the link Janip - not seeing anything there about auto-restart though?

It wouldn't work in the situation of the recordingservice crashing though as the service as Windows sees it doesn't stop working. Only the workings inside the service actually stop, and as far as Windows is concerned, the service is still running fine.

I've been running the system for a few days since I last posted to see how things got on. I was going to be reporting great success, and that I have found the TS format to playback fine on the PS3 in the setup I have and so I've managed to avoid any recording issues until Lar's fix appears... however...

Tonight, I did something stupid - I rebooted my linux server which hosts the samba file share that is used by DVBViewer for recordings. Not necessarily a problem in itself, unless of course one is stupid enough to do it while the recordingservice is trying to record a couple of programmes! :-(

The recordingservice didn't handle this too well, and did its same "hang" as we were discussing previously (recordings stop, web gui stops responding, etc).

As the recordingservice betas seem to be moving towards using file shares which could be on other computers as is the case in my setup, I'm reporting this as a "bug" in the hope it can be added to the to-do list to make the service more robust. I do have a secondary folder set up on the computer's internal hard disk which could be used by the service if the network wasn't available for some reason, but the service didn't get anywhere near that in this case, it simply stopped working altogther and froze. :-(

As ever, support.zip attached. 19:52:00 is when the samba service was killed on the linux server during reboot. Note that only one of the recordings was logged at all, the other on tuner "(2)" never got logged about, although it was recording correctly up until that point. I would have expected the service to fall back to the secondary recording directory I have set up and continue recording from there, but instead it froze.

support.zip

I would have expected the service to fall back to the secondary recording directory I have set up and continue recording from there, but instead it froze.

Networkshares have one problem: It can take up to one or even more minutes until windows recognizes it is down. In this time the driver of the dvb card may lock up due to buffer overflows and a bunch of other things might get out of hand, which are not in the influence of the service.

ATM I don't see any real solution for such situations except being extra careful what you reboot...

You are aware this stick is a hybrid tuner device? Are you trying one -T and one -C channel at the same time? This won't work.

No, only dvb-c.

I have now two technotrend pci and one terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD, those technotrend are little faster when i change channel, so i want left one pci card only for DVBViewer use.

I must look why i can't watch HD channel with cinergy, should it work with DVBViewer?

Then i have left one anysee dvb-c card too, but this card i can't get decrypted channel work...

M-ATX board is so idiot choice.

But thanks a lot for very good work, I think that service is as important as DVBViewer.

Edited by janip

I try again that sream and unicast device to DVBViewer, it works but somehow i stop using that. And then i have to set those A-B-C channel group.

If i set group C to HD channels and disable that group in cinergy, and anysee i can left that CI choice empty. But how service work? Can it choose first anysee or cinergy tuner, if i record free or A-B group channel?

Hi Lars

The new version 1.4.7.60 locks the web/Unicast at once :blush: (not just when you start a recording like the previous beta)

Have tried to uninstall everything and do a completely new installation, but same result

if I run version 1.4.7.10 then it all works.

Is there any type of debug bit that I can turn on to get more information?

I have also tried to run a telnet against the server to see if the ports is open and I manage to connect, but if try to send a fake HTTP get, I get no answer there either

Is there anything I can test?

(I´m running OS Windows 7)

/aTENEr

I want to have my favourites channels in the webinterface so I tried via menu configuration to select the favourites list but the list is empty ? Do I miss something ?

Is there also a possibility to have the favourites channels for uPnP too ?

Is transcoding channels for uPnP possible (from HD to SD, I use old XBOX too to watch TV) ? Feature when ?

I use recordingservice version 1.4.7.60 ! GREAT timers working via DVBViewer Client!

Is transcoding channels for uPnP possible (from HD to SD, I use old XBOX too to watch TV) ? Feature when ?

No and not planned.

I want to have my favourites channels in the webinterface

Sorry no favourites for now.

When using radio (dvb channels) via uPnP (powerdvd or xbmc) I get scrambled sound ! Is this a know problem, or am I doing something wrong ?

When using dvdviewer the radio channels are working perfect !

(BTW very happy user)

Unicast work just fine now, i get that usb stick work too.

Maybe it is possible to get new "wait cam" feature to recording timer?

if you choose it => service tune channel =>wait time what you set => start recording.

Now i have to do that manual, for some pay channel.

I really think that recservice is maybe too good program for freeware. :)

Well it is no freeware. :)

Could you explain the CAM Stuff a little bit more?

I can watch all channel with unicast, no problem. But when i start record, i have to first tune channel and then start recording. Maybe some pay channel need more time.

It is huge upgrade, that service does not stolen mux anymore.

No matter, if all four card is recording. I can watch almost all channel at same time, bedrooom or livingroom...

How that popcornhour support work? Can i change channel, watch recordings and set recordings with popcorn?

Hi!

Found out about recordingservice a few days ago and this is spot on the software i have been looking for, so kudos to the creator! So far i have done some tests with 1.4.7.10 and it does what i tell i to. Shuts down and wakes up nicely to record.

A question that i could not find an answer to... Does DVBViewer Pro and the Recordingservice share the EPG data? Ie. could i use the XMLTV import tool and import to DVBViewer Pro and get the same data in the Recordingservice EPG?

/Thomas

In regard to a discussion about the Favourites support in the Recording service web interface...

No and not planned.

Sorry no favourites for now.

I use the following workaround: I export a limited channel list from my (client) DVBV installation and use it only for the recording service. You can use the "ChannelEdit" utility to do this or (as I do) export all channels into the CSV file, edit it and reimport it into a separate installation/copy.

As one can put the same channel in different channel lists roots' I create a separate separate root for each Favourites' branch and then copy the channels into them. The result is something very useful over the web interface :biggrin:

I was trying to automate this procedure and directly analyse Favourites.XML and exported CSV channel list to generate the resulting (output) CSV file but I am unable to reliably calculate the favourite channelId number using the algorithm published on this board. I have asked for clarification of this (with an example) in a separate thread but I have not yet received any response. If someone can help me with this I would really appreciate. Here is a link to the message with a problematic example: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=32381 .

TopicLink

--

Best regards,

Matej.

Edited by MMatej