TBS + TransEdit + Stab HH90 = USALS doesn't work

I've Stab HH90 motor and TBS6922. When I use TransEdit programme USALS commend doesn't work - I'm setting Angular Position (in the TransEdit) DiseqC option but motor doesn't move. In DVBViewer or TBS IP USALS commend works fine with the same settings. When I previously had Skystar HD2 card everything was all right in the TransEdit.

support.zip

Edited by pazi

Hello!

I'm using Stab 100 rotor and TBS6925. For me it works.

1. Open TransEdit

2. Open the Positioner window

3. Tick "move east" or "move west" once

4. Scan the sat or transponder you want.

Give it a try.

Good luck.

Sorry for my bad english.

Hello!

I'm using Stab 100 rotor and TBS6925. For me it works.

1. Open TransEdit

Give it a try.

Good luck.

Sorry for my bad english.

In Positioner Console Stab works fine (Go to angular pos. Drive West, Drive East etc.) but when Stab stay e.g. in 19.2E and I want to scan Hotbird frequency in the main window post-53709-0-76116800-1368702661_thumb.jpg, Angular Pos. setting doesn't work, Stab stay in 19.2E all the time, but when I run DVBViewer and choise any channel from Hotbird, Stab move to Hotbird.

Any ideas?

I find that it's necessary to keep the Positioner Console open if you want the motor to move, even if you are just changing satellites in the main window. Not sure if this is by design. It would be awkward if the dish were to move when you just want to check a transponder list.

TBS DVB-S devices switch the LNB power off when they are not used. So most likely the following happens when you start to scan:

- TransEdit initializes the device, LNB power is switched on

- TransEdit sends the DiSEqC motor command only once a short time after initialization

- Since the power-up process is not finished yet, the motor is not ready to receive the command, or the device is not ready to send it properly, don't know. A bloody timing problem ;)

However, after

the positioner console keeps the device resp. tuner occupied and the motor under power, thus avoiding the problem until the window is closed. There you are... and there are two things you can try:

(1) Edit the file TransEdit.ini in the configuration folder while TransEdit is closed. Change DiSEqCCount.x=1 (where x is the device number) in the [Hardware] section to DiSEqCCount.x=2. This will let TransEdit repeat every DiSEqC command with a 100 ms delay in between. DiSEqCCount.x=3 will let TransEdit send the commands three times, etc. This is a per device setting.

or

(2) Switch to DiSEqC = Extended in TransEdit, define your own sequence of repeated commands and delays in the DiSEqC Editor, and click Apply. This is a per transponder list setting. If you export scan results to DVBViewer (including your extended DiSEqC setup), make sure that the DiSEqC settings are identical for all channels belonging to a satellite position or at least for all channels belonging to a transponder. Otherwise DVBViewer may not recognize anymore that two channels are located on the same transponder.

TBS DVB-S devices switch the LNB power off when they are not used. So most likely the following happens when you start to scan:

- TransEdit initializes the device, LNB power is switched on

- TransEdit sends the DiSEqC motor command only once a short time after initialization

- Since the power-up process is not finished yet, the motor is not ready to receive the command, or the device is not ready to send it properly, don't know. A bloody timing problem ;)

However, after

the positioner console keeps the device resp. tuner occupied and the motor under power, thus avoiding the problem until the window is closed. There you are... and there are two things you can try:

(1) Edit the file TransEdit.ini in the configuration folder while TransEdit is closed. Change DiSEqCCount.x=1 (where x is the device number) in the [Hardware] section to DiSEqCCount.x=2. This will let TransEdit repeat every DiSEqC command with a 100 ms delay in between. DiSEqCCount.x=3 will let TransEdit send the commands three times, etc. This is a per device setting.

or

(2) Switch to DiSEqC = Extended in TransEdit, define your own sequence of repeated commands and delays in the DiSEqC Editor, and click Apply. This is a per transponder list setting. If you export scan results to DVBViewer (including your extended DiSEqC setup), make sure that the DiSEqC settings are identical for all channels belonging to a satellite position or at least for all channels belonging to a transponder. Otherwise DVBViewer may not recognize anymore that two channels are located on the same transponder.

Following your tips I set DiseqCCount.x=1, 2 or 3 motor didin't move. Then I changed DiseqCCount.x=4 and the motor started moving. But now something strange is happening. When I set e.x. fraq 10719 V (Hotbird) and click Scan Selected motor moves and the Scanner window showed 29 channels. Then I clicked 4fun.TV (FTA channel) and choose Preview option i can see the picture but at that moment motor moved again, it stops at the other position and then it goes back on the Hotbird position.

Then I close TransEdit, I start ProgFinder and on this fraq. (10719 V) signal level is too low, but when I choose USALS option in this programme and click GO button motor moves and the signal is higher.

Why?