TBS + TransEdit + Stab HH90 = USALS doesn't work

I've Stab HH90 motor and TBS6922. When I use TransEdit programme USALS commend doesn't work - I'm setting Angular Position (in the TransEdit) DiseqC option but motor doesn't move. In DVBViewer or TBS IP USALS commend works fine with the same settings. When I previously had Skystar HD2 card everything was all right in the TransEdit.

support.zip

Edited by pazi
Borderfox

Hello!

I'm using Stab 100 rotor and TBS6925. For me it works.

1. Open TransEdit

2. Open the Positioner window

3. Tick "move east" or "move west" once

4. Scan the sat or transponder you want.

Give it a try.

Good luck.

Sorry for my bad english.

Hello!

I'm using Stab 100 rotor and TBS6925. For me it works.

1. Open TransEdit

Give it a try.

Good luck.

Sorry for my bad english.

In Positioner Console Stab works fine (Go to angular pos. Drive West, Drive East etc.) but when Stab stay e.g. in 19.2E and I want to scan Hotbird frequency in the main window post-53709-0-76116800-1368702661_thumb.jpg, Angular Pos. setting doesn't work, Stab stay in 19.2E all the time, but when I run DVBViewer and choise any channel from Hotbird, Stab move to Hotbird.

Any ideas?

QBox User

I find that it's necessary to keep the Positioner Console open if you want the motor to move, even if you are just changing satellites in the main window. Not sure if this is by design. It would be awkward if the dish were to move when you just want to check a transponder list.

TBS DVB-S devices switch the LNB power off when they are not used. So most likely the following happens when you start to scan:

- TransEdit initializes the device, LNB power is switched on

- TransEdit sends the DiSEqC motor command only once a short time after initialization

- Since the power-up process is not finished yet, the motor is not ready to receive the command, or the device is not ready to send it properly, don't know. A bloody timing problem ;)

However, after

the positioner console keeps the device resp. tuner occupied and the motor under power, thus avoiding the problem until the window is closed. There you are... and there are two things you can try:

(1) Edit the file TransEdit.ini in the configuration folder while TransEdit is closed. Change DiSEqCCount.x=1 (where x is the device number) in the [Hardware] section to DiSEqCCount.x=2. This will let TransEdit repeat every DiSEqC command with a 100 ms delay in between. DiSEqCCount.x=3 will let TransEdit send the commands three times, etc. This is a per device setting.

or

(2) Switch to DiSEqC = Extended in TransEdit, define your own sequence of repeated commands and delays in the DiSEqC Editor, and click Apply. This is a per transponder list setting. If you export scan results to DVBViewer (including your extended DiSEqC setup), make sure that the DiSEqC settings are identical for all channels belonging to a satellite position or at least for all channels belonging to a transponder. Otherwise DVBViewer may not recognize anymore that two channels are located on the same transponder.

TBS DVB-S devices switch the LNB power off when they are not used. So most likely the following happens when you start to scan:

- TransEdit initializes the device, LNB power is switched on

- TransEdit sends the DiSEqC motor command only once a short time after initialization

- Since the power-up process is not finished yet, the motor is not ready to receive the command, or the device is not ready to send it properly, don't know. A bloody timing problem ;)

However, after

the positioner console keeps the device resp. tuner occupied and the motor under power, thus avoiding the problem until the window is closed. There you are... and there are two things you can try:

(1) Edit the file TransEdit.ini in the configuration folder while TransEdit is closed. Change DiSEqCCount.x=1 (where x is the device number) in the [Hardware] section to DiSEqCCount.x=2. This will let TransEdit repeat every DiSEqC command with a 100 ms delay in between. DiSEqCCount.x=3 will let TransEdit send the commands three times, etc. This is a per device setting.

or

(2) Switch to DiSEqC = Extended in TransEdit, define your own sequence of repeated commands and delays in the DiSEqC Editor, and click Apply. This is a per transponder list setting. If you export scan results to DVBViewer (including your extended DiSEqC setup), make sure that the DiSEqC settings are identical for all channels belonging to a satellite position or at least for all channels belonging to a transponder. Otherwise DVBViewer may not recognize anymore that two channels are located on the same transponder.

Following your tips I set DiseqCCount.x=1, 2 or 3 motor didin't move. Then I changed DiseqCCount.x=4 and the motor started moving. But now something strange is happening. When I set e.x. fraq 10719 V (Hotbird) and click Scan Selected motor moves and the Scanner window showed 29 channels. Then I clicked 4fun.TV (FTA channel) and choose Preview option i can see the picture but at that moment motor moved again, it stops at the other position and then it goes back on the Hotbird position.

Then I close TransEdit, I start ProgFinder and on this fraq. (10719 V) signal level is too low, but when I choose USALS option in this programme and click GO button motor moves and the signal is higher.

Why?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• oleq
      By oleq
      When I play this stream: https://www91.zippyshare.com/v/HpXZhE2M/file.html and try to run Teletext/Subtitle Analyzer on PID 8125 (Teletext subtitles for channel WP) - TransEdit will freeze, need to kill it.

I think this is something new, started to happen on 4.2.4, might be related to this fix, but not sure...
    • Patryk F
      By Patryk F
      Dear DVBViewer team,
      First of all I would like to thank You for a great software like DVBViewer is.
      I use it everyday and recommend it for every blind person which wants near fully accessible television solution.
      At this point I would also like to apologise for any potential mistakes, since it is my first post here.
      I am a bit shy in other words ;)
      I have packaged some suggestions for future development of DVBViewer.
      I assumed that putting them together would be more practical than dispersing them between apropriate threads, since they have one thing in common.
      all suggestions listed are from the visually impaired perspective, so are valid for the visually impaired interface enabled.

1. May I ask you to reverse the old channel editor/channel scan windows separated as in V 5.X?
      It may be as an option, it does not have to be default.
      The new look of editor/scanner maybe seems more practical, but it lacks some functionalities present in the old separated scanner as well as editor.
      •  Scanner part now does not offer a "none" option when choosing a transponder list, allowing for a quick blind-scan inside DVBViewer without opening transedit. It means that you must select something from the list so doing a quick blindscan is not possible.
      • Editor has no "DiSeqc" option, so if I am correcting the setup, i cannot change the position from 7.0 to 7.1 or 7.2 for instance on the fly, during listening and satellite correction.
      I cannot also set the position to "none" if I don't want to send commands.
      2. It is not possible toread RDS when in Visually Impaired mode.
      I propose that the RDS text as well as RT and RT+ be integrated into the same read-only edit field as EPG, with a separation of 2 or 3 blank lines if both are present (as on astra 19.2 E).
      Alternatively, You may create two read-only fields between which you switch with a TAB and shift+tab key.
      3. When using visually impaired mode, the clock on a status bar (between bitrate and channel name) is irritating. May I ask for replacing it with either video bitrate (which in VI mode is available only from DVB source) or signal strength?
      4. When in VI mode, Could you please disable the auto-muting feature?
      When entering channel list editor or epg or any window of it's type, in the VI mode audio is muted, so to use epg while still listening you have to change window, press m or whatever to unmute, and proceed with an epg or whatever.
      Seems quite irritating.
      5. Since version 6.something, DVBViewer PRO presents the visually impaired mode window with the "Highlighted" text attribute.
      While it is generally helpful to read the text in this way for Low Vision users, for some reason Jaws screenreader sometimes reads unexpected things like playback time elapsed, since it is constantly changing.
      6. Last but not least, Could you please make the signal strength measure more appropriate (if a device returns it)?
      For some reason, DVBViewer pro shows the signal strength based probably on RF gain parameter, not by actual signal to noise ratio or signal link margin.
      I use two TBS products (5990 and 6903) as well as the RTL-2832 based device for DVB-t.
      While it may be problematic for 2832 to return valid Signal Strength, TBS manages to do so.
      What is more, DVBViewer GE is able to show a more intuitive signal measure.
      Thanks in advance for any feedback from You
      Patryk Faliszewski, Poland.
    • daniel2
      By daniel2
      Hello

I have problem with TransEdit v.4.2.1.1 and ATSC 8VSB WinTV-HVR 950Q tuner.
      I don't see "Bandwidth" option anymore and I have error "Invalid or incomplete input".

For example, in TransEdit v3.9.8.0 I can choose "bandwidth" and no problem to add channel.

Please check attached screenshots for both versions.

I'm using Windows 10 x64.

Please suggest.

• userip
      By userip
      Hi,

After a lot of time requesting the Streaming button in the TransEdit tool, finally the last version 4.2.1 has it! THANK YOU! :-)
      http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/56627-streaming-button-in-transedit/

Now, I have another suggestion. If you use SAT>IP servers as your tuners, you know for sure that a lot of servers doesn't support the Full Transport streaming. Yes, almost all support "pids=all", and this it's great. However, when the TS has a high bandwidth, or it goes over a specific bitrate, in this case the resulting RTP streaming has a lot of Continuity Errors. This, isn't a problem for the internal Analyzer of the TransEdit, as the PSI tables can be readed multiple times. However, if you like to do an streaming, this can be a problem.

So, here it's my suggestion: At time, when you select with the mouse multiple pids in the Analyzer and you start the streaming (CTRL+S), then you're sending only the selected pids. And this it's great! Thank you! However, the TransEdit are in fact receving the full TS. So the filtering it's internal. But, if you include in the configuration some option, it should be possible to request to the tuner to only send the selected pids. And when the streaming stops, or some change occurs in the pid list, then update the list (and when no streaming, then restablish the "pids=all").

This will be a must have for SAT>IP servers! With this any external tool can be used for TS analysis, using the TransEdit as a TUNER.
      Please, consider it.
      Regards.

• allanlee
      By allanlee
      Updated to DVBViewer Pro 6.0.4, DMS 2.0.4 and TrandEdit 4.2.1

If there's an ongoing recording in DMS , it will "grab" the tuner from DMS without any warning or notification.

At the meantime however, DMS "Status" tab still displays as normal (except for data rate decreasing and file size remaining the same). Seems that it does not even know the tuner what "robbed" away by TransEdit.

See this behavior in 2 of my PCs. Is it a new - "feature" - of the new version? In previous versions TransEdit will tell me something like "Initialize device failed" or "No hardware available".