Streaming to custom website from DVBViewer

agam

Hi,

I got a custom website that I would like to stream live tv capture from dvdbviewer to the website.

Question: Is this possible and how do I go about it?

A point in the right direction will be appreciated.

I think that it is possible but not with DVBViewer. You need the Recording Service and then you can take a look how the streaming to the recording service webinterface works.

In other words you have to embed the FlowPlayer into your website and then you can open a live stream url from the recording service.

The RS has no real security which is designed for the internet.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/56043-recording-service-and-getting-attacked/

So everyone how is able to detect which IP and port is used for streaming can watch any channel the RS is able to revise. And all recordings which are available in the web interface(if he knows the RS).

About the RS, you shroud install and configure it.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide

And for the streaming you have to look in the code of the web interface.

Tjod,

Thanks for your reply.

ok. I have downloaded the RS now and will install and configure using the guide.

One question though, what do you mean by "... look in the code of the web interface"?

Hi Tjod,

I have now installed and configured the RS and was able to record and stream the recording from RS.

Observation: whenever I stop a recording, i notice my DVBViewer freezes and I had to restart it.

Question: How do I overcome this?

Observation: I could not stream live broadcast.

Question: How do I stream live broadcast rather than recorded items?

Also, in RS/configure, when the option Web/UPnP is set, teh IP address under the Web Server option is not saved.

Or am I doing something wrong?

The RS log is useless you have enabled "UPnP debug logging". If you don't need it don't enable it.

An if you need it. Make sure then only on client connects to the RS. Do one action in the client an disable it.

Observation: I could not stream live broadcast.

Question: How do I stream live broadcast rather than recorded items?

Is live playback work in the local DVBViewer client?

What about direct stramin or RTSP streaming to a local VLC player client?

What are you exactly doing and what is happening?

Also, in RS/configure, when the option Web/UPnP is set, teh IP address under the Web Server option is not saved.

Are you talking about the "Do NOT use IP" option? Which prevents the server from listening on certain IPs.?

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Service_-_Web/UPnP

It should be saved if you leave the Options with OK (which causes a RS restart)

Hi,

Yes playback works in local DVBViewer client.

Yes direct stream to local vlc player client works.

What I am doing, or trying to do is to be able to stream LIVE streams either to browser or vlc from other PC in my network.

I have disabled UPnP services to simplify the issues.

About the "DO NOT USE IP", I think I misunderstood what it was for. I was entering the IP of the DVBViewer server and it was rejecting it quite rightly.

How do I get LIVE streaming instead of redcorded streaming?

Streaming a recording and live TV via the web interface are using the same functionality.

If both would work local but not over the network, the firewall would be the first assumption.

But if one works and one not I don't have a real idea.

Is live playback work in the DVBViewer client on a other PC?

Is the web interface working on a other PC?
What happens when you click you click on start streaming on a TV channel in the web interface?

And only to make sure the RS pc has a fixed IP adress and you are using this IP address?

web interface works on both pc.

I can see and select my channels on the web interface but there is no option to stream when a channel is selected.

the RS pc has a fixed IP address and I am using it.

Has anyone done live TV from the RS web interface?

Please I need help! Or perhaps its not possible with RS?

Here is what I've got at the moment:

1. Got three computers A & B & C on my network

2. Got DVBViewer installed on A and RS installed & configured on A

3. Have setup my recordings in RS on computer A and this is going on fine

4. I can access RS webinterface on all A, B & C computers

5. I can access & stream the recordings through the RS webinterface on all A,B & C computers (both direct vlc and browser streaming)

6. I can see & select all my channels listed when I select "Channel EPG" through the RS webinterface on all the computers

Question: how do I stream LIVE, a selected channel? There is no option anywhere to stream the channel selected.

Please help, I have gone through all documentations but to no avail !!!

This problem is now resolved!

To stream live from the RS, you select "Timeline" tab on the RS and from the list of channels, you can stream your selected channel.

The problem was the caption "Timeline" is not descriptive of what the tab is for. This was confusing. It probably should be captioned "Live Streaming"

Hope this helps somebody in the future.