sibax

IPTV not working in DVBViewer Pro 5.6.4

sibax

Hello,

First of all, I want to thank the creators for this software, I like it very much.

Can I use it as a player for IPTV?

When I press "Playback" -> "Open Media File..." than choose "playlist.m3u" (attached), application shows the list of channels, but when I press "Play" it shows nothing and message "No playback" at the bottom of the window.

Both VLC Player and TransEdit 4.1.2 works with this playlist with no problems.

Is there any solution?

Sorry for my English.

P.S. Also I have an issue when I change to a channel with no signal application freezes for 5-10 seconds.

playlist.m3u

support.zip

sibax
spachti

Thank you.

And what about the second issue which is not related to IPTV? I mean swithing to a channel on transponder with no or weak signal freezes application up to 10 seconds.

Could anybody reproduce it on your systems?

Griga

DVBViewer GE (see download area, read the ReadMe!) supports this kind of IPTV. Simply drag & drop the M3U file into the channel list window. DVBViewer Pro will support it in the next release.

• Like 2

sibax
Griga

Thank you very much.

Could you say something about the second problem I mention above?

Griga

I guess it happens when you are using the TechnoTrend S2-3200. The driver works like this. The tune call does not return until the tuner gets a signal or times out. I know this very well because I have this box :)

BTW: Your TBS 6522 card has not been detected correctly, because it was not yet contained in the hardware database when DVBViewer 5.6.4 was released. See configuration folder\hardware.xml. The vendor entries for both tuners are

<entry name="Vendor">0</entry>

but should be

<entry name="Vendor">31</entry>

Correct it with a text editor while DVBViewer is closed.

• Like 1

sibax

Griga

Thanks again for your replies.

Currently, I'm using TBS tuner only, TT tuner is just in my system and is not in use.

Maybe application is trying to lock signal during this time or something else?

Is there any tweak to reduce this time?

I've just corrected hardware.xml file, thanks.

Edited by sibax

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• muffi6
      By muffi6
      Bis vorgestern lief der DVBViewer pro ganz wunderbar mit Entertain. Jetzt wurde auf MagentaTV umgestellt und ich habe die Entertain-Channellist gelöscht und die MagentaTV-Liste importiert. Ich bekomme jedoch kein Bild angezeigt. Wenn ich die Adressen aus der MagentaTV-Channellist im VLC eingebe, werden die Sender wunderbar abgespielt. Ich habe keine Idee mehr, was ich noch ausprobieren könnte.
    • Lars Andersen
      By Lars Andersen
      I'm still in the middle of setting up my IPTV system with kodi as frontend.
      Right now I'm testing several IPTV providers. Quite often I record two streams at a time. The providers seems to handle this in two ways. A) Either they give me two separate accounts or B ) allowing one account to have two streams running at the same time.
      I have at the moment not added any hardware devices and iptv streams are playing ok. But I don't get any warnings if i'm about to schedule a timer that violate the max two streams I'm allowed to use.  Or if I start a live streaming from the tvguide and the system all ready is recording two streams.
      I can see there is a hardware device "TS Stream device"  and "DVB IPTV network device". Do I need to setup any of those and how does this work with the A) and B ) senario?

• Karma-im-Souterrain
      By Karma-im-Souterrain
      Moin,
      nach langer Zeit habe ich mal wieder den DVBViewer pro (6.1.2.0) installiert, die Hardware ist eine Fritz!Box 6490. Die Griga Version funktioniert ohne Probleme, die Pro Version springt nach dem Starten und nach jedem Senderwechsel etwas über den linken Rand meines 4k-Monitors hinaus, wenn ich eine beliebige Fenstergröße eingestellt habe.
      Wie könnte ich das beheben?

support.zip
    • Patryk F
      By Patryk F
      Dear DVBViewer team,
      First of all I would like to thank You for a great software like DVBViewer is.
      I use it everyday and recommend it for every blind person which wants near fully accessible television solution.
      At this point I would also like to apologise for any potential mistakes, since it is my first post here.
      I am a bit shy in other words ;)
      I have packaged some suggestions for future development of DVBViewer.
      I assumed that putting them together would be more practical than dispersing them between apropriate threads, since they have one thing in common.
      all suggestions listed are from the visually impaired perspective, so are valid for the visually impaired interface enabled.

1. May I ask you to reverse the old channel editor/channel scan windows separated as in V 5.X?
      It may be as an option, it does not have to be default.
      The new look of editor/scanner maybe seems more practical, but it lacks some functionalities present in the old separated scanner as well as editor.
      •  Scanner part now does not offer a "none" option when choosing a transponder list, allowing for a quick blind-scan inside DVBViewer without opening transedit. It means that you must select something from the list so doing a quick blindscan is not possible.
      • Editor has no "DiSeqc" option, so if I am correcting the setup, i cannot change the position from 7.0 to 7.1 or 7.2 for instance on the fly, during listening and satellite correction.
      I cannot also set the position to "none" if I don't want to send commands.
      2. It is not possible toread RDS when in Visually Impaired mode.
      I propose that the RDS text as well as RT and RT+ be integrated into the same read-only edit field as EPG, with a separation of 2 or 3 blank lines if both are present (as on astra 19.2 E).
      Alternatively, You may create two read-only fields between which you switch with a TAB and shift+tab key.
      3. When using visually impaired mode, the clock on a status bar (between bitrate and channel name) is irritating. May I ask for replacing it with either video bitrate (which in VI mode is available only from DVB source) or signal strength?
      4. When in VI mode, Could you please disable the auto-muting feature?
      When entering channel list editor or epg or any window of it's type, in the VI mode audio is muted, so to use epg while still listening you have to change window, press m or whatever to unmute, and proceed with an epg or whatever.
      Seems quite irritating.
      5. Since version 6.something, DVBViewer PRO presents the visually impaired mode window with the "Highlighted" text attribute.
      While it is generally helpful to read the text in this way for Low Vision users, for some reason Jaws screenreader sometimes reads unexpected things like playback time elapsed, since it is constantly changing.
      6. Last but not least, Could you please make the signal strength measure more appropriate (if a device returns it)?
      For some reason, DVBViewer pro shows the signal strength based probably on RF gain parameter, not by actual signal to noise ratio or signal link margin.
      I use two TBS products (5990 and 6903) as well as the RTL-2832 based device for DVB-t.
      While it may be problematic for 2832 to return valid Signal Strength, TBS manages to do so.
      What is more, DVBViewer GE is able to show a more intuitive signal measure.
      Thanks in advance for any feedback from You
      Patryk Faliszewski, Poland.
    • Skorp17
      By Skorp17
      Seit 2 Tagen wird bei Telekom-Entertain - Sendern kein Bild und kein Ton mehr angezeigt, außerdem ist nach Aufruf des DBViewers auch kein Webseitenaufruf mehr über die Browser (Edge. Firefox)  möglich. obwohl die Verbindung besteht und Fernsehen über den Media-Receiver funktioniert.
      Neu installiert wurde eine Update von GDATA Total Security auf die Version 25.0.5.2, m.E. tritt das Problem seit diesem Zeitpunkt auf.