Recording Service stopped

quentin666

quentin666

Hello,

I had a problem yesterday with the recording service, it was not responding. On the tray, icon was orange. I clicked "stop recording service", then impossible to restart it. On the windows services the state was "stopped" and impossible to start it.

The only way was to restart computer.

Is there any log file i can send? The checkbox "write log file" is checked but can't find the log file.

Thanks

support.zip

Edited by quentin666
  • 1 month later...
quentin666

I encountered the problem 2 times again. I'm running Windows 8. I can't access to the web server and have to reboot computer.

Could it be a hard drive issue?

• Similar Content

• oleq
      By oleq
      When I play this stream: https://www91.zippyshare.com/v/HpXZhE2M/file.html and try to run Teletext/Subtitle Analyzer on PID 8125 (Teletext subtitles for channel WP) - TransEdit will freeze, need to kill it.

I think this is something new, started to happen on 4.2.4, might be related to this fix, but not sure...
    • snorre
      By snorre
      DVBWiewer Recording Service Linux / Wine

Hardware:
      Ubuntu 18.04 server 1GB RAM 1 Core FSTAB: mount NFS recordings  from NAS to /mnt/recordings Name: dvbsrv  

Software:

We need wine (32bit version), Xvfb (short for X virtual framebuffer) for
      running the recording service without screen, cabextract for extracting
      the needed DirectX file (ksproxy.ax) and nfs-common for mounting the
      recording share.

dpkg --add-architecture i386 && apt update apt install wine32 xvfb cabextract nfs-common  

Software Wine:

We create a user which is running the Recording Service.
      In the users home we store the needed Windows software parts in the subdirectory "sw".
      SSH to the Ubuntu server as root or become root with "sudo su -".

# create user w/o passwd adduser dvb su - dvb mkdir sw && cd sw wget http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/E/1/EE17FF74-6C45-4575-9CF4-7FC2597ACD18/directx_feb2010_redist.exe cabextract directx_feb2010_redist.exe -F dxnt.cab cabextract dxnt.cab -F ksproxy.ax  
      Files to be stored in /home/dvb/sw:

Total Commander 32bit: tcmd922ax32.exe DVBViewer: DVBViewer_setup_6.1.4.exe Recording SVC: Recording_Service_setup_1.33.02.01.exe FFMPEG 32bit: ffmpeg-20190707-98b122c-win32-static.zip DVB Lic: xxxx.dvbvkey  

Config from Windows DVBWiewer:

This step is optional. You can configure the Recording Service without these.
      I copied the file from the Windows installation to keep my settings.

Channel Logos: "c:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Images\Logos" Plugins: "c:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Plugins" Channels: "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\channels.dat" Allowed Networks: "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\Config\svcuserdata.xml" Rec-Server Config: "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\Config\service.xml" Tuner Config: "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\Config\svchardware.xml" SAT>IP Config: "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\Config\svcnetwork.xml"  

Setup:

Start Xming on Windows client. On Linux Desktop you usually already have a X server running. If using Putty, configure it to have X forwarding enabled. Putty (or ssh -X) to dvbsrv as root.  
      cp .Xauthority /home/dvb/ chown dvb:dvb /home/dvb/.Xauthority su - dvb cd sw  
      Initial Wine start wine cmd exit  

Install Total Commander wine tcmd922ax32.exe - no shortcuts

Install DVBViewer wine DVBViewer_setup_6.1.4.exe  - no shortcuts, no FW
       - OK on "Unable to execute file: powercfg.exe" - 10 times
       - Add Key File, Username and Passsword - Key file in Z:\home\dvb\sw
       - Cancel additional components install
       - do not wiew changelog_en.html and do not Launch DVBViewer

Install Recording Service wine Recording_Service_setup_1.33.02.01.exe  - no shortcuts, no FW, no Download FFmpeg
       - OK on "Unable to execute file: powercfg.exe" - 10 times
       - do not wiew changelog_en_rs.html and do not Launch Configuration
       - Right click Recording Service System Tray Icon -> Disable Auto-Start Tray Control Program -> Exit

Start Total Commander - These steps can also be done manually on Linux or Wine comandline "wine cmd" wine c:\\totalcmd\\totalcmd.exe &  - Configure
       - Copy z:\home\dvb\sw\ksproxy.ax -> c:\windows\system32
       - Open z:\home\dvb\sw\ffmpeg-20190707-98b122c-win32-static.zip
         + Copy z:\home\dvb\sw\ffmpeg-20190707-98b122c-win32-static.zip\ffmpeg-20190707-98b122c-win32-static\bin\ffmpeg.exe -> "c:\Program Files\DVBViewer"
       - Copy Plugins -> "c:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Plugins"
       - Copy Logos -> "c:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Images\Logos"
       - Copy z:\home\dvb\sw\channels.dat -> c:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer
       - Copy XML config files -> c:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Config

Configure Recording Service wine "c:\Program Files\DVBViewer\svcoptions.exe"  - Recorder: Directories: Z:\mnt\recordings
         + Recordings: Disable Create NTFS filestorage data
       - Web/UPnP:
         Port 8080
         Disable: Prevent PC sleep

Run As systemd service:

/etc/systemd/system/DVBViewer.service
      [Unit] Description=Run DVBViewer Recording Service in Wine [Service] User=dvb ExecStart=/usr/bin/xvfb-run /usr/bin/wine "c:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBVservice.exe" [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target
      /etc/systemd/system/DVBViewer-port.service
      [Unit] Description=Redirect port 80 to 8080 for DVBViewer Recording Service [Service] Type=oneshot ExecStart=/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080 [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target

systemctl enable DVBViewer-port.service systemctl enable DVBViewer.service systemctl start DVBViewer-port.service systemctl start DVBViewer.service  

Start Wine programs as root:

Totalcmd: cp /root/.Xauthority /home/dvb/ && su - dvb -c 'wine "c:\totalcmd\totalcmd.exe"' & DVBViewer Opts: systemctl stop DVBViewer && \ cp /root/.Xauthority /home/dvb/ && \ su - dvb -c 'wine "c:\Program Files\DVBViewer\svcoptions.exe"' && \ systemctl start DVBViewer
    • c.paul
      By c.paul
      Hallo,
      wollte meinen DVBViewer samt Recording-Service mal wieder updaten.
      Leider finde ich auf der Mitgliederseite dir Rubrik für den Recording-Service nicht.
      Danke für Eure Hilfe
      Grüße
      Christian
    • EddDeDuck
      By EddDeDuck
      Summary: 
      100% Crash (multiple devices) tuning 28.8E Satellite in UK 

*Bug Reduction:* 
      Tested on iPhone 8 Plus & iPad Pro 10.5" with similar results. 

iPhone 8 Plus -> iOS 11.2.2 - wifi (no internet available). iPad Pro 10.5 -> iOS 11.0  - wifi (no internet available). SELFSAT IP21-> Satellite tuner used. Free Windows Sat>IP application found on satip.info website runs tuning without crashing  
      *Steps to reproduce:* 
      Open Sat>IP Viewer Select Settings -> Search Channels Select Astra 28.8E and start the scan The scan will run between 1 and 5 minutes and progress between ~30% and ~90% of the progress bar. The app will then crash back to Springboard No channels are saved and you need to restart the scan again.  
      *Reproduction Rate:* 
      Attempted 4/4 crash on iPad and 10/10 crash on iPhone 8. Total of 14/14 crashes attempting tuning.

*Estimate on time to reproduce:* 
      Initial test takes about 5 minutes including installation. Repeated tests can take a minute if it crashes early. While doing these tests I also encountered a few crash on launch issues but these seem to be unrelated to the main problem.

(/) *Expected Result:* 
      I can complete a tune of the satellite on 28.8E without it crashing

(x) *Actual Result:* 
      Cannot tune Sat>IP on 28.8E

(!) *Regression:* 
      New purchase of the app so no regression possible.

(i) *Workaround:* 
      No workaround found. I am a developer so I can test a TestFlight build or provide logs on request to help debug this issue.
    • bounguine
      By bounguine
      There's a question I cannot answer myself.
      I have two physical servers in one subnet with recording services installed (ports are changed to be different) .

DVBViewer on server 1 sees channels from local cards without recording service and channels from recording service on server 1 and 2.
      DVBViewer on server 2 sees channels from local cards without recording service and channels from recording service on server 2. But not from recording service on server 1.
      Logs show no tries of connection.

Why?