MyMovies - Movie info OSD Plugin

amontillado

MyMovies displays the already MediaInfo data, what is very good. Would it be possible also to show the number of audio streams and subtitles available in for this movie? I have quite some files with 2 languages (german & english) and it would be great to see already in the selection if a movie has the english language.

If seen on XBMC that they show even a tag for ENG and GER audio lines, but I don't know how they detect this. Maybe it's just a check of the audio stream names? Already very helpful would be just the nummer of available streams.

Anyway this is a great plugin already!

Detecting it isnt a real issue, but for now I wont add it.

Reason for this is that it would require another DB update and I want to keep the current DB for a while. After all bugs have been removed I will think about adding new stuff again.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amontillado

• Flowy

• CiNcH

• sw4y

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the feedback! This was also just a suggestion to make a little improvement on an already really good plugin.

But maybe you can consider it in a future release where you already plan to change the DB.

Hello David / Galerio,

Great that you wrote another grabber.

Do you have plans to support the new db (.47>) in the near future. If you need any help with the db just PM me.

Greetz,Ger

Hi Amontillado,

For the new db, i didn't look at it yet. Is it the one working on sql lite3 and DVBViewer 4.3 beta ?

SQL Lite 3 has better support so it would be easier to make it.

But the major issue will be the time i have for it ;)

Galerio.

Unfortunately I also switched to SQLite3 already.

Did anybody evaluate and compare the quantity and quality of information provided by several web movie databases? (e.g. TMDb, IMDb, Ciné-Passion,...)

In mymovies.xml is down on the edge of a box with imgfocus for what the have since seen no change in the osd?

Sorry, I meant when I look in the mymovies.xml Skineditor. Then there're the objects listed, including those imgfocus. For what good, in DVBViewer I can not see where this is imgfocus should be.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Sorry, my english is very bad, so i think its better to write in german - hope Amontillado can understand my Question...

@Amontillado

Hallo! Tut mir leid, das ich Deutsch schreibe, aber ich weiß nicht, wie ich mich in English richtig ausdrücken soll! Zu meiner Frage:

Kann man myMovies so einstellen, das ich die Filme im z.B. "Listview" nach meiner persönlichen Ordnerstruktur sortieren lasse?

Beispiel:

Alle Aktionfilme --> liegen im Ordner "Actionmovies", alle Kinderfilme --> liegen im Ordner "Kids-Movies" usw...

Wenn ich nun im "Listview" nach einem Kinder-Film suche, und mein Sohn (8 Jahre alt) sieht zu, sieht er auch alle anderen Filmcovers wie Horror oder Actionfilme... Wenn ich die Sortierung so einstellen könnte, das alle "Kinderfilme" die im Ordner "Kids-Movies" liegen untereinander angezeigt werden im Listview, danach alle Filme aus dem Ordner "Actionmovies" usw..., dann wäre das S U P E R ! Gibt es da irgendeine Möglichkeit?

Supertolles Plugin übrigens, das macht den DBViewer jetzt ungeschlagen!

lg, Red

hi,

does the latest mymovies plugin works with the osd skin "concinnity 3d" at resolution 1920x1080 ( DVBViewer beta 4.3.1.120 ) ? there's just a small window of mymovies site, no fullscreen.

Look at OSD Concinnity 3D Thread, on the last site there are some modifications from mymovies, how works on the new beta and at resolution 1920x1080 .

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, could explain to me a short time as I mymovies with the help of Media Center Master foods in the info?

I figure it is not quite the tool.

I'm away from work and living in a Hotel in Singapore for a while with limited internet acces so you will have to wait for 2 weeks before I will make another appearance here.

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to my garbage Character problem in Mymovies plugin.I desperately want to use this plugin, because It will help me say bye to the Windows 7 media center.In fact I can use this plugin, but when I import any Turkish film infos, MyMovies plugin does not support Turkish characters such as ı,ş,ç,ğ,ü etc.I once managed to get Turkish character support properly, after modifying the mymovies.dll by a resource editor, and changing all languages to Turkish, but surprisefully it stuck back into garbage characters the next day.And I could never get back Turkish character support back again.

My system is Windows 7 32 bit ultimate Turkish, and I use DVBViewer 4.3.1.140 beta with sqlite3.dll.I already tried different sqlite3.dll's but it didnt work.If anyone has a little idea how we can get Turkish Characterset support, please help me.

Thank you.

Turkishc characters should not be any different from german etc and that seems to work so please do the following:

-Delete your DB.

-Reimport all movie data.

-Send the DB to me (pm or upload to a website)

What is the source for your movie info (filminfopics direct or via import of info.txt., mediamaster, something else)?

Turkishc characters should not be any different from german etc and that seems to work so please do the following:

-Delete your DB.

-Reimport all movie data.

-Send the DB to me (pm or upload to a website)

What is the source for your movie info (filminfopics direct or via import of info.txt., mediamaster, something else)?

Ok amontillado,

I will do exactly what you say tonight and send you the fresh database file.

For your convenience, I am using mediacentermaster and yammmm for mymovies.xml file generation.I used them one by one, I mean only mediacentermaster or yammmm at a time after clearing all the databases, even DVBViewer setings, but no go.

I once tried to use filminfopics but it seemed to be somewhat very tricky for me so I did not use it.I will upload on a site and give you the link tonight.

Best Regards for now.

Edited by donjuan
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey amontillado, I wanted to ask you whether you are not mymovies so one can write as tool for myseries? The MySeriesManager works beautifully. Can you describe not easy for themoviedb?

Or can you simply import the DB from XBMC?

Edited by D3ltoroxp

Hey amontillado, I wanted to ask you whether you are not mymovies so one can write as tool for myseries? The MySeriesManager works beautifully. Can you describe not easy for themoviedb?

Or can you simply import the DB from XBMC?

For now I won't, 1) there are several alternatives and 2) because I dont have any time at all at the moment.

Its actually a lot more work then you might think (just ask flowy :) )

Edited by amontillado

I will try tonight.Can you tell me exactly what you have altered in the dll file? Language encoding? etc?

to much to tell here, so no.

but on the import side I added a check for the file encoding, the mediamaster xmls I previously had for testing were all ansi encoded, yours was utf8.

to much to tell here, so no.

but on the import side I added a check for the file encoding, the mediamaster xmls I previously had for testing were all ansi encoded, yours was utf8.

Dear amontillado,

Firstly really thank you for your time on the modified version.It works perfect with Turkish metadata now.Only there is one thing missing I suppose, which is; the actor names are not encoded as utf-8 like the other metadata.Can you also do the same for the actors too?

I am willing to help if you need any assistance again, best regards.

The xml example you posted doesnt include actor info. Could you post one that does so I can check why actors don's show up properly?

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I updated to the new SQLite 3 Version. The plugin did the conversion from SQLite 2 but didn´t import the Filmdescription and the paths to the files.

After cleaning up the Database and performing a reimport, the descriptions were found but not the paths to the files.

What went wrong ? Does someone know a solution ?

Thanks in advance

pizzamampf

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any posibility to assign one key on my remote control with the main window on MyMovies and not only with the HTPC oder home Window (which would be two or more key presses instead of only one)

Is there any posibility to assign one key on my remote control with the main window on MyMovies and not only with the HTPC oder home Window (which would be two or more key presses instead of only one)

Yes you can:

•0.01.38 Added: ActionId 99789 will show MyMovies window

Hey,

it's me again.

I am experiencing a weird problem. I am running the newest version of my-movies and the newest beta of the DVBViewer on Win7.

It works well the first time I start the programa and add movies via fiminfopics (output both).

But after a reboot all the movies are lost (not in the DB anymore, the path is still saved). Pressing the Import button has no effect.

What am I doing wrong, any idea what i can do?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

good day,

i tried to install mymovies like the manual says but i have no mymovies in the options tab in DVBViewer what am i doing wrong?

thanks for the help!

ps: i use the newest DVBViewer beta

Edited by insanepopel

I am experiencing a weird problem. I am running the newest version of my-movies and the newest beta of the DVBViewer on Win7.

It works well the first time I start the programa and add movies via fiminfopics (output both).

But after a reboot all the movies are lost (not in the DB anymore, the path is still saved). Pressing the Import button has no effect.

Not really an idea. You could test the following:

- Delete the DB, add the paths and run filminfopics with only output to info.txt, then press the import button.

- Check what happens if you add and 'series' or 'command' , are the being deleted as well?

i tried to install mymovies like the manual says but i have no mymovies in the options tab in DVBViewer what am i doing wrong?

Sounds like the dll is not in the right directory, or is corrupted. Make sure the dll is in DVBViewers application directory (most cases c:\program files or c:\program files (x86) )

To ALL:

I have not and won't be visiting the forum regulary for a while because of 1 sick daughter :( and 1 new daughter :D . I will show up every now and then but not a lot. I do plan to bring out a new version in a while (with support for genres and some other minor improvements).

Greetz.

Sounds like the dll is not in the right directory, or is corrupted. Make sure the dll is in DVBViewers application directory (most cases c:\program files or c:\program files (x86) )

aaaah, I forgot to put the mediainfo.dll in the main directory, thanks a lot ;)

Hi

I cant set Auto-update folder to "yes". It remains as "no" all the time. It's tiresome to go into the options menu to "refresh" every time I add a film.

Could it be done by a remote shortcut button?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

:-D i try a installation... i go to options -> mymovies -> choose path -> press add.. -> choose a dir, give a name -> press ok -> nothing

i delete all files, write this post...

I search a working plugin for my 3 TerraByte big recordings, where i a can search or sort or some one. I have no time to play with bad content or bad documentations or instructions.