Rec. Service App (iOS 8.x & 9.x)

MarkusK

Requirements are Recording Service >= 1.32.0, iOS >= 8.x and active JavaScript in Safari settings. For external access, you have to configure your firewall for Recording Service and the portforwarding in your router.

Get the app here: https://itunes.apple...ice/id966396749

When you have downloaded the app, open settings -> Rec. Service on your iOS device and enter your data. Then you can start the app.

The following entries have to be set:

Language: German or English (the language only takes effect inside the app, not for Recording Service itself)

Layout: iPhone/iPod (Single View) or iPad (Split View)

Internal (required):

Protocol: HTTP or HTTPS

IP/Host: IP with the computer, on which Recording Service is installed

Port: Default port is "8089", if you haven't change them

External (optional):

Protokoll: HTTP or HTTPS

IP/Host: Par example your dyndns address (please note firewall settings and portforwarding in your router)

Port: Default port ist "8089", if you haven't change it

Folder: Default folder path is "ios", if you haven't change it

Username: Optional, your username for Recording Service

Password: Optional, your password for Recording Service

Edited by MarkusK

Can you explain what this app does exactly Markus :original: , does it play video? I attempted to play some DVBViewer recordings through VLC on the iphone 5s and I notice (i) it doesn't deinterlace HD very well, and (ii) there is no AC3 sound, does your app fix these problems?

Edited by dvbrewer

The App generates the URLs for internal and external access to your webinterface optimized for iOS devices. You can do there the same things as in the webinterface like streaming, adding timers, see channel EPG and so on

There is a light EPG search included. The full search will be integrated, when I have time for this.

• Like 1

The App generates the URLs for internal and external access to your webinterface optimized for iOS devices. You can do there the same things as in the webinterface like streaming, adding timers, see channel EPG and so on

So does it use the inbuilt apple movie player, does HD deinterlacing work, or is the stream already deinterlaced :wave: ?

Yes, you can choose english or german

OK I purchased :) ...but I cannot get it to work yet. I installed recording service, set up web interface username and password, and allowed firewall access. Do I need to enable UPnP AV Server?

Do you use the current "Framework for Rec. Service App" Version: 1.3.0 (Members Section)?

Is it in ...\DVBViewer\SVCweb\ios8-130\ ?

Can you open it in the web browser http://ip-adress:8089/ios8-130/ ?

OK so I put the framework in as you suggested, I tried the address you stated with my ip on safari on the iphone and I get an admin and password prompt, I put in then I get:

'404 Not Found'

The requested URL /ios8-130/ was not found on the server.

I have a different port listed in the settings, 4022, so I tried this, it stays on blue loading line for a long time then says:

'Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding'

Do I need to allow DVBViewer firewall access too as well as the Recording service?

---------------

OK so I have no ip in Recording Service Web Server box, do I need one? I have my computer ip set as the DVB Server 'Control Server'

Edited by dvbrewer

Have you restarted the RS after placing the ios8-130 in the web interface folder?

Is the normal web interface http://ip-adress:8089/ working?

And yes the RS pc needs a fixed IP in your LAN.

OK I have now restarted the RS :ball: , and yes the normal web interface is working. But the http://ip-adress:8089/ios8-130/ is '404 Not Found' again.

When you says RS needs a fixed IP, do you mean in RS settings>Web/UPnP>Web Server , I must put in an ip? Do I need to 'Enable UPnP AV server' :whistle: ?

Try the link below in your PC browser, if it works, then try it in safari on your iphone, if it works on your iphone then move to installing the .Rec Service app from iTunes, on your iphone go into your app setting and under Rec. Service fill in details like language, layout, host (internal/external), folder, SSID 1, username/password

http://ip-address:8089/ios8-130/iphone-en.html

Edited by Lakeuk

Small spelling mistake in the english translation, when selecting a TV channel or video, it states 'Starte Stream' in the top right corner.

It would be good if you could select it to remember preference for video or live TV separately (i.e. no buffer for video). Other than that the app is very impressive :) .

What is the advantage, if any, to enable UPnP?

Edited by dvbrewer

I will fix this

Thanks. Yesterday I encountered a bug, I had turned on my PC (Windows 7 64) but not logged on. I started streaming an SD TV channel, which worked fine. However when I logged onto the PC, the stream froze, but I could not stop the stream on the iphone (menu button did not do anything to stop the stream). I could also not stop FFMPEG on the PC which then ran wild causing CPU temperature warning which is not good.

Edited by dvbrewer

The Framework ins dir iOS only. You need to use the "normal" web interface on PC.

Hi, maybe you misunderstood? I was watching a TV channel stream on the iphone, streamed from my PC, which was turned on, but not logged on. When I logged on the PC, still watching the stream on the iphone, the stream freezed, and I could not stop it, I could also not stop the ffmpeg on the PC.

Edited by dvbrewer

OK, I tried the same thing with a different channel streaming on the iphone. A few seconds after I logged on to the PC, the stream froze, and if I clicked Done it said it was stopping the stream, but then I could not get to the menu, without restarting the app. I also got a CPU over temperature warning in the BIOS again.....

OK both issues somewhat solved. It seems when Kaspersky internet security starts to load, this causes a stream to freeze. The temperature issue occurs whether I am logged in or not, so likely down to me having no air conditioning, possible dust in the system as I haven't cleaned for a while.

For an SD MPEG2 channel, BBC TWO, it uses 28% average CPU to encode on a quad core i5 3.4GHz, 38% for a 1080i HD channel, BBC TWO HD. So if you are streaming a lot you need to bear cooling in mind in this heat.

Edited by dvbrewer

It seems there is not much point to stream video files given high CPU & energy use when there are decent network file browsers i.e. FileBrowser for ios + nPlayer or VLC (I found VLC buggy, tho it was just updated) as long as your network speed is good.

To speed up network sharing for Windows 7 you can:

(i) Increase SMB buffer size to 65535 in registry

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/223140

(ii) Disable Large Send Offload v2 for IPv4 and IPv6 in your network adapter configuration.

Hope this helps somebody :wave:

Edited by dvbrewer
  • 3 weeks later...

The newest framework is now available within the setup of Recording Service 1.31.00. Please note, that you have to change the folder to "ios" in settings of Rec. Service App! This is the default path after setup.

Edited by MarkusK
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just bought the App. Really great. I am very happy with it.

Just a couple of questions:

1. Why can I do DIRECT STREAM remotely, considering my upload bandwidth is enough? I am on holiday and I haven't tried within my local network yet? Will I be able to do DIRECT STREAM at home?

2. What does this mean? Buffer?

132370d7cb78dd897e253344999da047o.png

What do you mean with Direct Stream? You have to set a buffer value for Live TV as it is explained below. This is iOS behaviour and can't be changed.
Set the encoding preset to ultrafast and try the different bitrates depending on your network.

Edited by MarkusK

Thanks for the quick answer.

I understand that these are iOS restrictions and Direct Stream is not possible as you can run on Windows and Android.

For those interested in having direct stream there is one App I have found that handles this:

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/mcplayer-hd-pro-upnp-video/id775959475?mt=8

It works locally detecting the Upnp server and remotely with the URL of the channel. Including HD channels.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I understand that these are iOS restrictions and Direct Stream is not possible as you can run on Windows and Android.

For those interested in having direct stream there is one App I have found that handles this:

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/mcplayer-hd-pro-upnp-video/id775959475?mt=8

It works locally detecting the Upnp server and remotely with the URL of the channel. Including HD channels.

So that bypasses the Recording service app? It streams channels without reencoding?

Edited by dvbrewer

Sorry if I don't use the proper technical terms but yes.

1. Locally the App receives the signal through Upnp, just like any DLNA-Upnp device such my Smart TV. (I can't get a screenshot because I am not at home)

1. Remotely I use the URL's from the channelist.m3u file generated in the web interface. I keep them in my Evernote ;)

93fa5924041e289a2afbf12463c91686o.png

cb483428fa090916e037c307cae63171o.png

5b03478574f19efaedb5531b049fdcf8o.png

1. Locally the App receives the signal through Upnp, just like any DLNA-Upnp device such my Smart TV. (I can't get a screenshot because I am not at home)

1. Remotely I use the URL's from the channelist.m3u file generated in the web interface. I keep them in my Evernote ;)

i exactly do this,with OPlayerHD Lite app.

insert links like "http://192.168.1.100:7522/upnp/channelstream/0.ts" to "open url" section of this app and then stream channels without quality lose and re encoding.but this is really boring to copy link for each channel and insert it to this apps.I'm interested to know if is there any way simpler to do this!!??

Edited by peymanonline

As i said, locally, I don't have to copy and paste anything. The App. gets the DLNA/Upnp stream.

RemoteIy, keep a note in my Evernote with the Channels so it's not that difficult.

I'll give OPlayerHD a try.

Edited by Marcos Martinez
  • Like 1

Interesting I have nplayer I wonder if it will do it (there is a big update soon).

As i said, locally, I don't have to copy and paste anything. The App. gets the DLNA/Upnp stream.

RemoteIy, keep a note in my Evernote with the Channels so it's not that difficult.

I'll give OPlayerHD a try.

I can confirm nplayer detects the DVBViewer UPnP server and allows direct streaming of all channels :D .