reduce size of recorded files with ffmpeg tasks

mani tehrani

hi

how can i reduce size of  recorded files with ffmpeg tasks? for example how can i change bitrate and convert "mpg" recorded files to MP4?

i know some channels are HD and others are SD, is there different?

Edited by mani tehrani

Using the FFmpeg command line is difficult and requires a lot of knowledge.

Rather try a tool like HandBrake that uses FFmpeg but provides a user interface that makes it easy.

• Like 1

Hello,

@Griga: I have a problem with the video editor (https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/61295-DVBViewer-video-editor-rückmeldungen/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-474434). The export of HEVC files as MPEG-file via FFMPEG doesn't work. Nothing happens. I wanted to see what happens using FFMPEG directly. But the FFmpeg command line is really difficult. What would be the correct command line?

Many Greetings

Webturtle

P.S. You can also use the DVBViewer Media Server 2.1.1 for on-the-fly transcoding to HEVC:

• Desktop Web Interface -> Links Page -> HTTP Channel List (Transcoded Streams)
  • In the Stream Setup Dialog select a TS preset of your choice, e.g. TS HD 3600 kbit (requires a fast PC)
  • Click "Show/hide expert settings", if they are not visible.
  • Enter vcodec=hevc as additional parameter
  • Click HTTP Channel List (Transcoded Streams) -> the browser will download a M3U playlist that contains an URL for each channel
  • Open the M3U playlist with DVBViewer or another player that can play the live streams -> the DMS will deliver the selected channel as transcoded stream.

After that you can see in the file svcdebug.log which FFmpeg command line (without placeholders) the DMS has created.

Hello Griga,

thanks for the links! But I just wanted to know the commandline for FFmpeg based on the presettings of the Video Editor: "-f dvd -target pal-dvd -vb 8000k -mbd rd -trellis 1 -flags +mv0 -cmp 0 -subcmp 2"

Especially Where I have to put the filenames or paths?

Oder auf deutsch: Was muß ich bei FFmpeg eingeben, um die Konvertierung vorzunehmen, die der Video Editor gestartet hätte?

Many greetings 

Webturtle